New series, new Doctor, new companion...

etmuse

I'm just wondering what people think of Rory? I haven't warmed to him at all, but I don't know why. Although saying that, I do like him a little more after watching Amy's Choice.

My favourite companion

Awesome, any particular reason why? :D

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering what people think of Rory? I haven't warmed to him at all, but I don't know why. Although saying that, I do like him a little more after watching Amy's Choice.

My favourite companion

Awesome, any particular reason why? :WINCE:

I like him, he is .ike a bumbling innocent ian chesterton, or at least thats how I see him so far, really like him, hes a good guy

See, I haven't warmed to him but I think he seems like a nice guy. I just... didn't see why he was there, if that makes sense. But I think he's pretty important for the development of Amy's character, and probably her sanity lol.

See, I haven't warmed to him but I think he seems like a nice guy. I just... didn't see why he was there, if that makes sense. But I think he's pretty important for the development of Amy's character, and probably her sanity lol.

I dont like him, at first I thought I was just jealous as he was dating my beloved Amy but

the Doctor got smoochy time with Miss Pond and I still think he's fab.

I just can't picture them as a couple and unless we are not being told the whole story.......

He has either got the nether regions of a donkey or the biggest collection of Ferraris in Europe!

I know its Sci Fi but the two of them together is stretching for any imagination!

There were no 'more of Rory posts' after his first appearance and if he had never reappeared I don't

think anyone would have complained.

There were no 'more of Rory posts' after his first appearance and if he had never reappeared I don't

think anyone would have complained.

I would have complained bitterly!!!!!!!

I think Rory is a brilliant character, and an excellent addition to the TARDIS crew. Tonights episode was brilliant. Felt like we were back watching the Golden Age of Who again.

hungry earth - really liked this episode, the silurians are very well done, loved neeve macintosh (is it weird i found her in this attractive as a silurian)

very enjoyable, felt very old school mixed with new who which is good. the only quibble I have is the cliffhanger, was a bit of a damp squid we already have guessed the reveal of the army, would of been far better the bit before that scene where amy is about to be dissected and screams

again loved matt smith and his portrayal of the doctor

really liking rory

and amy was brilliant in this one, loved the scene with her in the tank with the gas, very well acted by karen

AT LAST!!

The first episode that I can actually believe Matt Smith is The Doctor, this episode did not feel like an am-dram version of lets play Doctor Who. Best episode so far for Amy - probably because she was hardly in it, can we keep Nasreen as the companion and leave Amy and Rory on Earth. Oh and love the new variation of the Silurians.

Looking forward to next weeks episode

Edited by Harry

• Moderators

I'm sure I wasn't the only one (the people I was watching it with this week did the same) who were sitting going 'It's the Silurians, isn't it?' long before the Doctor actually named them...

(I may also have been sitting there saying 'Oh dear, you already TRIED the 'make peace with the Silurians' thing when you were Jon Pertwee and it never worked then. What makes you think you'll have better luck this time?')

I'm sure I wasn't the only one (the people I was watching it with this week did the same) who were sitting going 'It's the Silurians, isn't it?' long before the Doctor actually named them...

(I may also have been sitting there saying 'Oh dear, you already TRIED the 'make peace with the Silurians' thing when you were Jon Pertwee and it never worked then. What makes you think you'll have better luck this time?')

That pretty much summed up my thoughts while watching as well.

Also, whoever decided to stuff Amy in a box should be honoured, and should damn well leave her there. Keep Rory and the other woman whose name escapes me as companions and leave Amy to be a Silurian science project.

I LOOOOVVVEEEEEEEE Matt Smith!!

Karen Gillan is an amazing actress but i agree with some people when they say she's too 'sexy' for a family drama.

I Love the crazyest of Matt's version of the doctor and cant wait for more episodes!

Also who else thinks 'Rory' is brilliant?! :lol:

x

Just realised I haven't put my thoughts on the last three episodes yet

The Vampires Of Venice - my least favourite story so far. No idea why really, it just didn;t work for me.

Amy's Choice - Really enjoyed this one as I am a fan of real/fake reality stories (Buffy, DS9). Nice twist with two fake realities

The Hungry Earth - Great to see the Silurians back. I prefer the Pertwee era Silurians though.

Same here. Good to see them back though

the only quibble I have is the cliffhanger, was a bit of a damp squid we already have guessed the reveal of the army, would of been far better the bit before that scene where amy is about to be dissected and screams

I agree. I have noticed that the cliffhangers tend to stop past the point where they would be most effective.

But that's the point! The Doctor never gives up trying to find a peaceful way out of things - despite knowing what the answer will be he always offers peace, or questions why they do what they do and what they actually gain for it. He never gives up on the hope that one day, they'll listen.

I'm loving Season 31 (Season 1? What.. 5? What?) - for the first time since the Eccleston year I feel like I'm actually watching Doctor Who, rather than Doctor Who:ADHD.

Personally I thought that it was a little bit pointless bringing the Silurians back. I was excited to hear they were coming back, but really, they look completely different, act and move completely different, and sound just like humans. Nothing to me made them Silurians as we know them. They got away with it by the Doctor saying they're a different tribe, but why not just make them different creatures entirely, it certainly didn't make me think 'it's good to see them back'

The Silurians were always a race that I felt very sorry for in the old series, both in The Silurians and Warriors of the Deep to a lesser extent, skulking around underground with no proper home and trying to reclaim their planet. Seems to me that these new ones have quite a magnificent underground home, nice battle armour to wear, a proper civilisation, nothing that would make me feel for their cause at all, which is something that the old ones definitely had.

And don't get me wrong, this is my favourite new series so far and i've enjoyed every episode, but I was a bit disappointed in this latest one. The way the Silurians were put across, along with Amy just complaining most of the times she was in it saying 'can we not just go'. She seems to have lost her enthusiasm of travelling a lot in that episode.

gotta say i was disappointed with cold blood, thought the direction and pace was off and the silurian threat/arc to easily brushed under the carpet so we could have another crack wedged into the story,

the rory thing? im upset and it was played well (cold blood title) referring to the doc perhaps?

but Id read on here this would happen so i wasnt shocked. time to stop with the spoiler thread perhaps for me

will need to watch again but on one viewing its the most disappointing of the season so far, shame, not bad just disappointing, wost of series 5 so far, shame as this series has been amazing

i thought the woman playing the 2 silurian sisters was amazing!

the voice over made no sense (how does he know the doctor lost so much?) and felt forced

the negotiations felt more comedic and out of place. and the silurian leader was awfully nice about the whole thing, ok doc the humans are not ready, we will go to sleep for another thousand years and try again? who would so easily and quickly do say and do that?

I agree with most of what Timelord81r said, the worst this series so far.

Just lots of the plot and script that didn't make any sense.

But The two Silurians played by women were brilliant, does anybody know who played either of them because the both looked familiar?

I liked the underground city, but I can't understand why that looked so good but the "Dirt hole in the ground" from the first episode looked so awful.

Really lazy way to kill of a character as well.

OK I must be watching a completely different series to everyone else the only 2 episodes I have rated so far were Hungry Earth / Cold Blood, the second part of the Weeping Angels story was bearable. Matt is begining to convince me as The Doctor, Amy is annoying, Rory showed promise, so the ending was a shame, although Nasreen would have made a great companion. Oh and the whole crack thing is forced and irritating Amy is hopefully prisoner zero and she will get blasted into oblivion.

I forget her name but im sure the same actress played both silurian sisters, ayala and rastek or whatever there names were
Neve McIntosh

Ah, I thought the family resemblance was really believable! Yep She was great.

vincent and the doctor? I loved it, I thought it was a lovely moving story, i was almost in tears at the end when van gogh was listening to himself being described at the gallery, excellent portrayal by tony cullen. the cgi was a little weak but the story was strong, and no shoe horned in crack either.

• Moderators

I was actually in tears at that last bit with Vincent in the gallery... really moving stuff. Quite hard-hitting stuff about mental illness too, especially for a kids' show, but it was done so well.