ET5 Chat and General Rambling

Team edcob

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ok thanks ray, but i never saw the raffle or anything, but then againi was really ill that weekend, is it wen u register?? sorry to be a pain :D

Around near where the autograph hall is, there are sheets of paper pinned to boards, a sheet per guest, which you can write down your bid on along with your ticket number. Just ask one of the crew standing nearby if you can't find them or you don't understand it. I was extremely confused the first time I wanted to bid :blink: But it's easy once its explained/ you understand how it works :YAHOO:

Edited by leannezoeii

can sumone please tell me how u get the guest encounter, im prob being thick but i dont understand it, etc. sorry if this is on another topic

Below is Too Talls information on guest encounters

Guest Encounters: These are a 45 minute chat (with coffee/tea/biscuits) with 12 attendees and one guest and can be won in one of two ways:

If you have a Guest Encounter that starts at the same time as the first talk, please enter the talk hall FIRST and claim your seat for the rest of the day by leaving something on the chair to show that it is taken.

1: Raffle tickets: 2 places in each Guest Encounter will be raffled off. Tickets can be bought at the reg desk. The winners will be announced at the same time as the auction winners. There is no limit to the number of tickets you can buy or the number of Encounters or places you can win.

2: Auction sheets: 10 places in each Guest Encounter will the auctioned. This will work by bidding sheets being put up on the wall at the event. One sheet for each guest encounter. There is no limit to the number of Encounters you can win. If you have a winning bid on 2 sheets you will win both.

Attendees bid by putting their badge number and their bid on the sheet. At a specific time, which will be stated on the sheet (say 1pm), the sheets come down and the highest 10 bids win. But everyone pays the value of the 10th winning bid. All bids are visible to people bidding later. You can come back and up your bid if you want. But if you want to up your bid you have to add a new one to the bottom of the list, DO NOT change or cross out your previous bid. That way we know the order that the bids were placed.

So let's say 11 people bid with some people changing their bids, the sheet could look like this…

NUMBER - BID

G10----£200

G19----£5 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

ST301-£10

G59----£10

S1------£7 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

G19----£7 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

G19----£10

ST23---£17

ST162-£9 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

S75----£31

ST197-£8 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

S96----£27

S97----£35

ST162-£20

ST197-£20

S1-----£20

So once sorted into bid order (And ignoring previous bids from the same person) they look like this...

£200, £35, £31, £27, £20, £20, £20, £17, £10, £10, £10.

As the 10th highest bid is £10, all 8 people with a bid higher than £10 win, but only pay £10. Even the person that bid £200. As you will see 3 people have bid £10. But there are only 2 places left. So the first 2 people to bid £10 win. In this case ST301 and G59. This is the reason for re-adding your bid at the bottom and not just changing it. If G19 had just changed their bid on line 5 to £10 it would have appeared they were the first person to have bid £10 (i.e. before both ST301 and G59), where as in fact they were the last person to bid £10.