Eternal Twilight 5

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are delighted to announce that Eternal Twilight 5 will take place on:

Friday 18th – Sunday 20th February 2011 at Hilton Metropole Hotel, Birmingham NEC.

Hotel info (including booking code) will be posted when the tickets go on sale!

Ticket prices will be the same price at this years event and we are also guarantee that there will be 6 or more guest at this event

Standard - £88.00

Silver - £155.00 - limited

Gold - £225.00 - limited to 150

Child - £29

Tickets will go on sale Tuesday 20th April at 7pm for ET4 ticket holders ONLY first . Please make sure you tell us your ET4 order number and the name of the ticket holder in the comments and delivery box in the shopping basket section of the shop. If you do not supply us with these details your order can not be processed.

For those of you that bought tickets at ET3 and dont have an order number please specify where you bought your ticket and your ticket holder name.

Tickets will then go on sale to the general public 3 days later on 23rd April at 7pm. Please also supply the ticket holder names in your order (in the comments box at the bottom of the order form) otherwise your tickets can not be processed.

Please note that the system for 1 ticket per person is still in place. But if you wish to order more than one ticket on the same order you can still do this if ALL the ticket holder names supplied are in possession of ET4 tickets.

We have lots planned for you all at ET4 this year and with the new film coming out soon we will have new guests to meet too. The future of Twilight events is looking very good and this is down to you wanting these events to happen. Events where you can meet up with your friends, make new ones and meet the guests from the films. We cannot wait to share what we have in store for you all over ET4 and now ET5. We are really excited that Eternal Twilight will carry on into 2011 and would like to thank each and every one of you that has supported the events, as it is truely you that make them happen!

Mark & Jason and the Massive Events family

____________________________________________________________________________________

*Edit*

To answer a few of your queries, this is what Jason posted in the ET5 forum (sorry to alter your first post Jason)

hi all this is not a april fools joke at all

we are putting on ET 5 tickets on sale soon and there are many good reasons behind this i will explain why.

1 we need to get the date booked so people know when the event is going to take place so they can plan for it

2 we need to get the date and the event on the diary of the bigger guests we want to attend this event as some

guests are getting so much work now days of the back of Twilight we need to get in early and penciled in

3 we are working along side other events in the US and we have to start talking to the guests at around the

same time as they do now as there are lots of events for Twilight guest to go to now days in other countries

so now we have to get in first to have the head start

4 booking guests before the film is out helps us get some great guests before everyone knows how good they

are in the film , we have friends on the inside and we get the head up on some guest that are ether cool

people or there parts are really good , so it really helps to be ahead of the game and we are

5 hotels are hard things to get space in and the hotel we use is just right for what we have planed and there are very few that are that big and are free to run an event like ET so we have to book it early and that also mean we have to pay for it , also when we book any guest we also have to pay them if its 2 months out or 8 months out it all has to be paid for , its getting harder to run events for Twilight because the films and the guest are so big now , and TWICON going bust in the us showed this to be the case , but we have been running events for many years and work a way to run great event and a fair price and be able to book the best guest we can , so we sometimes have to put tickets on sale early to help us be able to put on the best events we can , i know some of you did not think they would go on sale so soon but its something that had to happen .

we do not do this because we feel like it , there are very good thoughts behind why we do anything , we really think it though, and for us to be able to run some amazing events in 2010 and 2011 this had to happen .

in the US 20 dates went up for Twilight events at once for the hole year , all went on sale at once , they also did this bacause they had to book hotels and guests a year in advance so its normal for this to happen when you buy tickets for a concert sometimes they sell out in a day this dose not happen with these events but we do have to put them on sale early now days .

we know some fans cannot afford to buy tickets straightaway but the other alternative is that the events do not grow they get smaller and start to not be able to run and get the big hotels and then you could not see the amount of tickets we need to pay for the big guests and then you just cannot afford to book the big guests .

this way we sell what we can early which pays for hotels and the first guest , we then have the date early and then we can put offers out to the all the guests we want to attend and they then have our event on there radar 1st and we work out the deal points and if they are clear we book them , then we put up the guest and sell more tickets , also if we have a big guest like Rob or Taler we have a big hotel so that we can sell thickets to pay for them , so its the only way to go forward .

we do care and we only want to do the best for the fans and the event we know its sometimes hard but all things have to work or they would just stop , we are not doing to this to make money we are running event to be able to just run the best Twilight event we can in the world , we have had most of the guests out there that have done events and we are pushing very hard to get the rest of them in the end we know that we will not let any of you down with the events we run , i hope you can see we are doing our best for you all .

thanks for reading all this

have a great Easter

yours

jason :D

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the huge s***fit everyone had about the ET4 tickets being sold early do you guys REALLY think this is a good idea? I mean... WTF? Not everyone here is going to be able to pull that much money out of their ass at such short notice. This is just getting ridiculous. The tickets should be sold at ET4.

After the huge s***fit everyone had about the ET4 tickets being sold early do you guys REALLY think this is a good idea? I mean... WTF? Not everyone here is going to be able to pull that much money out of their ass at such short notice. This is just getting ridiculous. The tickets should be sold at ET4.

I concur.

I actually hate this, cus i ALWAYS look like the whingy spam and Jason probably HATES me, which is really sad cus I do actually support Showmasters, their signing events are ace and I enjoy the cons.... thing is someone like me for instance i've been to EVERY event they have done R.E twilight, the last two I've gone gold too, and yet I couldn't go gold this time cus of the such early ticket release.

I was planning gold for ET5 as a 21st birthday present but there's no chance I'll be able to

The argument used to be the reason the tickets were sold AT the event was so there was loyalty to the customers who had stuck by showmasters? What's happened to that? :/

£88 x 3 = more money than anyone can be expected to find in 19 days.

Is there actually a reason for demanding money upfront so soon? If you need numbers surely you can have us reserve a ticket - for a deposit perhaps - then let us pay later? Even just a few months would make a huge difference for most people. This just isn't fair.

Edited by Spectrum

The argument used to be the reason the tickets were sold AT the event was so there was loyalty to the customers who had stuck by showmasters? What's happened to that? :/

I seem to remember us all being told that when we wanted ET3 tickets at Proms.

Aye I remember there was a huge furore.

I actually didn't wanna say anything cus I REALLY wanted to crew for CM16 and will probably get refused now, for saying something.

But it's more of a plea with SM to listen to us lol :D

Please jason?

I am really shocked by this announcement I hope people are right and its an april fools joke cuz giving people 19 days to get ticket money together is crazyness I have got gold tickets for most of the SM events I have been too including all the ET's and would like to keep getting gold tickets but this is just getting abit much and unfair on the fans

I couldn't even afford standard by then, even though I was really hoping to get silver. In fact I probably couldn't afford a ticket 'til the second half of this year at least.

I'm with the rest of them, this better be an April Fools joke.

Edited by TurkFox

WTH! Tickets for ET4 only went on sale in Jan! Oh please tell me this is an April fool! I've only just got back on my feet and don't wanna have to part with a considerable amount of money just yet. Plus I REALLY wanted to go silver and thought if tickets were gonna go on sale a few months down the line then I'd have enough time to save!

I have no job I am a bum - only those that are well off can afford this surely? I'm still saving for ET4 :D lol

There are plenty of teen attendees, people on benefits, unemployed... people who scrimp and save to find the money for these cons. This is ridiculously unfair on those people. I for one would not mind if the tickets went on sale early, as long as we were given ample warning!