There is a Meeting Today to Avert Rail Strike

julie Hannah

• Moderators

EastCoast are still running at least some of their services through Newcastle... you might be able to get a train down to London and a London Midland service back up to Northhampton.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EastCoast are still running at least some of their services through Newcastle... you might be able to get a train down to London and a London Midland service back up to Northhampton.

Thanks for that, I never thought of that option. As long we can get there I don't mind how long it takes just as long as it doesn't involve a coach.

xxx

Thanks for that, I never thought of that option. As long we can get there I don't mind how long it takes just as long as it doesn't involve a coach.

xxx

Hi!

http://www.londonmidland.com/your-journey/...trial-action/?=

For anyone who needs to use a London Midland train, the above is a link to the emergency timetables for their services.

Now, I only need to know what is running between Manchester and Milton Keynes on Virgin Trains, and I'm sorted.

xxx

Hi!

http://www.londonmidland.com/your-journey/...trial-action/?=

GOOD NEWS THAT TRAINS FROM LONDON LOOK OK

ON THE FRIDAY -ANYONE COMING BACK TO LONDON ON SUNDAY IS LIKELY TO FACE A BUS TRIP PART OF THE WAY TO LONDON BECAUSE OF ENGINEERING WORKS BEING PLANNED , BUT BUSES WILL BE AT THE STATION WAITING , HOPEFULLY . IT IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STRIKE , SO THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEMS !

For anyone who needs to use a London Midland train, the above is a link to the emergency timetables for their services.

Now, I only need to know what is running between Manchester and Milton Keynes on Virgin Trains, and I'm sorted.

For those of you who are finding that they cant get there by usual means:

Drive, bus, coach, walk, fly, swim, float yourlsef to the Hub safely! We want everyone to get there and have a wicked time :rolleyes:

Wish everyone good luck with the travel, and if you need help we're all here to give it :D

For those of you who are finding that they cant get there by usual means:

Drive, bus, coach, walk, fly, swim, float yourlsef to the Hub safely! We want everyone to get there and have a wicked time :D

Wish everyone good luck with the travel, and if you need help we're all here to give it :D

Thats a great gesture , real team effort , much appreciated

From the Cross Country website it says -

Hourly services between Edinburgh and Bristol via Doncaster (connecting to/from Exeter St Davids by First Great Western services).

I presume that the trains coming from Edinburgh are passing through the normal stations on the way to Bristol i.e. Leeds and Newcastle, so it may be ok even on an hourly basis, but we will just have to wait on the timetable being published tomorrow.

xxx

Hourly services between Edinburgh and Bristol via Doncaster (connecting to/from Exeter St Davids by First Great Western services).

I presume that the trains coming from Edinburgh are passing through the normal stations on the way to Bristol i.e. Leeds and Newcastle, so it may be ok even on an hourly basis, but we will just have to wait on the timetable being published tomorrow.

xxx

Thats good news! Obviously I'm too stupid to work out the route between Edinburgh and and Bristol! lol

xxx

Thats good news! Obviously I'm too stupid to work out the route between Edinburgh and and Bristol! lol

I've stopped panicking a bit now, soon as I read that, I was just looking for NEWCASTLE on the website. Haha.

Where abouts do you live by the way?

xxx

xxx

I've stopped panicking a bit now, soon as I read that, I was just looking for NEWCASTLE on the website. Haha.

Where abouts do you live by the way?

xxx

I was just looking for Newcastle and Birmingham too! lol

I live in Wallsend!

My train is SO not running lol. The one I'm supposed to be catching seems to stop in Rugby and then there's no way of me getting from there to Northampton.

Do you have any other options? Like a coach or something?

My train from Doncaster to Birmingham New Street is definately not on by the looks of things. So my Mam is gonna have to drive me for 2 and half hours to Birmingham so I can get the train to Northampton. Grr.

Edited by Jemzamia

Hi Everyone Julie Here i am really going to have to be brave and allow my Ex husband to Drive us to Northampton and its going to cost around £80 in Petrol Money one way :help: Ahhhhhhhhh :D , We live in Southport Merseyside and our local Merseyrail Trains are on strike the whole weekend . Meaning there is no way i can catch any Trains as London Midland are not running out from Liverpool, If it's any consolation we have the Grand National up here the 8th,9th,10th April and there visitors can't get to the course because there are no Merseyrail Trains to get them there. So this Strike is going to cause a lot of Trouble for a lot of Special Events that weekend, I am still praying that they will come to there sense's and call off the strike and we can all get back on track with our original plans. GOOD LUCK everyone :WAVE::WAVE:

Ah crap, mine is cancelled for sure now

Well, if you're not wanting a lift down it looks like you can get a train from Leeds to Manchester and then Manchester to Brum (assuming the trains serve the same Manchester station). It's still doable, just with more changes. Are either Leeds-Sheffield or Leeds-Doncaster running?

EDIT: Leeds - Doncaster are running -> http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disr...s_Doncaster.pdf

Edited by Allieandra

Well looks like i am getting a bus to leeds as it doesnt seem any trains from harrogate to leeds are running.

are trains from leeds to birmingham new street running? i think they are, 2 every hour i believe? i hope so anyhow