There is a Meeting Today to Avert Rail Strike

julie Hannah

Hi Everyone,. Have just been on Ceefax and they have said they are holding a very Important meeting today to Avert the Rail Strike due between April 6th and 9th, So we may know by this evening if we Travel by Train or not. Also read page 125 on cefax there is 7 pages to read about the Rail Strike, so have a read of that and see what you think. Hope this helps. Julie-t :firedevil::P

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disr...10/dispute.html

London Midland

The planned London Midland service is as follows:

* 2 trains per hour between Wolverhampton, Birmingham New Street, Coventry & Northampton.

* 1 train per hour between Coventry & Nuneaton.

* 4 trains per hour between Stourbridge Junction, Birmingham Snow Hill, Solihull & Dorridge.

* 4 trains per hour between Northampton, Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Watford Junction & London Euston.

* 1 train per hour between Rugby, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Rugeley, Stoke & Crewe.

Shuttle train services will be running on the following routes:

* Between Stourbridge Town & Stourbridge Junction

* Between St Albans & Watford Junction

Only the above routes will have a service, and all services will have stopped by 19:00.

(obviously check the national rail link closer to the time as it could still change/be updated, etc)

Hmmm, I see my town and I see Northampton... but they're on separate lines lol. Who knows!

I get the Crewe to London train, getting on in Rugeley and getting off in Northampton, but this really doesn't explain anything for me at all lol.

Edited by x_moonshine_x

I need to get from Prestatyn to Crewe on the 9th... is this possible? D:

If that's via Arriva Trains Wales, National Rail is still saying:

Details still being finalised.

so no answer for you yet, sorry ;)

We have to Travel from Southport in Merseyside and we need 3 Trains to get to Northampton (Southport to Liverpool South parkway, Liverpool South Parkway to Birmingham New Street, Birmingham New Street to Northampton), So if the Train Strike goes ahead we have no chance of getting to Northampton even if London Midlands run some services. Because if you look at there list of possible Trains running on Friday April 9th Trains from Liverpool are not mentioned, BUMMER. Lets hope the Rail talks go well tommorow or i will loose a lot of Money on Tickets for Hub4 and our Hotel, and the other sad thing is i was Bringing the BIRTHDAY CAKES :D:YAHOO::clap:.So lets hope the Trains will be running if only so i can deliver the BIRTHDAY CAKES TO ALL YOU BIRTHDAY GUYS AND GIRLS, I don't like breaking a Promise. Fingers Crossed everyone. Julie-t :P

I can't see Newcastle on there at all at the moment, but fingers crossed we can get down to Birmingham at least, whch is where we are meant to change. This is really getting worrying. :YAHOO: The meeting that was meant to be held today has been adjourned until tomorrow.

xxx

Edited by Chelle2009

• Moderators

Does anyone know if the trains going from Manchester or Stockport down to Northampton will be affected? Sorry about this, I don't really travel much haha, any help would be appreciated. :YAHOO:

All of the info about what trains are running is here. You're travelling on the Saturday morning though, aren't you? The strike is not set to run into the Saturday.

I'm waiting for the Cross Country services to be announced, they have updated that list a lot since I looked yesterday, it's that operator we need to use to get down to Brum.

xxx

Same here :YAHOO: At least we know the service is working from Brum to Northampton

All of the info about what trains are running is here. You're travelling on the Saturday morning though, aren't you? The strike is not set to run into the Saturday.

Ah ok, thank you for the help, I appreciate it. Yeah, I'm travelling on the Saturday morning but my parents said that the services may still be affected and not running properly the day after the strike actually ends lol. :YAHOO:

Edited by Doctor Who

:YAHOO: Hi Moonshine,. Unfotunately were we live now the Train is the only way to get to Northampton from Southport, We don't even have National Express Coaches stopping here you have to Travel into Liverpool to catch a coach which is just over 1 hour by local bus and 50mins by train, thats why i am hoping the Train Strike doesn't happen. My Ex husband has suggested he can drive us to Northampton if he is free but wants petrol money there and back , i don't know if i could spend over 3 hours in a car with him without going insane on the way . But maybe as this is Chris's Birthday Suprise Trip and his last ever convention (I am not well enough to bring him to anymore) maybe i am going to have to go beyond the call of duty and let my ex husband drive us Ahhhhhhhhh. So everyone fingers crossed the Trains will not be on strike so i don't have to come by car. And message for NEVER if you read the original post about the Birthday cake you will see you were already getting a slice of cake, but if you don't want it thats more for us. See you all next week (Fingers crossed) Julie-t B) Edited by julie-t

Ooooh I feel like a tool now!

That is very nice of you!

I really hope you and Chris can get down by the way, it's a very nice thing you are doing for his birthday and for everyone else.

Edited by Never

According to National Rail enquiries website, Cross Country trains don't seem to be operating any routes from Newcastle during the strike, so I suppose I'll be up at 4.30am to catch a plane! Oh joy!

Jesus, that's put me in a great mood! I'm hoping they will be revising it still tomorrow, but it looks like we might have to *try* to get a train from Newcastle to Leeds (on the Manchester train) but how we get to Birmingham from there I have no clue. It looks like we might be staying at home next weekend after all!

xxx