What did you think?

Cuckoo

Hi Everyone

Hopefully you all had a fab time at the event - I know I did. It was great to see you all, especially all the effort you went to for the masked ball.

Please use this thread to tell us what you thought.

Thanks

Cuckoo aka Zoe - Tom's Guest Assistant (Sat) and Photo Shoot (Sun)

thought it was great, didnt get to the masked ball though.

the talks were brilliant, all of them i went to (janet/paul, janet, tom, janet/peter, syl, colin) were all very informative, funny and well paced.

got all the photos i wanted and despite not being an auto man, having a silver ticket I got all the docs sigs and janets.

all the crew were great and helpful and almost every queue went pretty fast,

only bad points i would make were on the hotel, specifically the staff, they didnt seem to know much about there job, products and what was going on (having worked in hotels for 11 odd years, thankfully now not though, im more critical perhaps) for example upon leaving i noticed ppl collecting there luggage from the locked room, the receptionist opened it and let about 10 ppl in to get there stuff, she didnt even watch them just opened the door and walked away, no tickets nothing. and left the door open. almost defeats the point lol,

also I think the bbq was a bit of a rip off @£20

but all in all a brilliant well run event, and easier to get to than first seemed on booking, for me at least lol

really impressed at peter turning up then jetting off to perform in a musical both days and still on top form at the con

sat went really well, nothing clashed aside missing the very very start of janets solo talk, shame the start of colins and syls talks clashed with photo shoots on sunday though, i missed alot of syls, and i made the decision to miss michaels shoot so to get a good seat and hear all of the janet/peter talk

Edited by timelord81r

My first Who con and really enjoyed it. This was also my first experience of the 10th Planet way of scheduling as opposed to ME. The photoshoot/talk clashes scared me when I initially saw the schedule but thanks to the efficiency of the crew it ran as quickly and smoothly as possible. Greatly helped by Malcolm, the F1 champion of photography, 0-60 people in 30 seconds.

The talks were extremely entertaining. My favourites being Peter/Janet and Sylvester. I did notice a difference with the format of them. As per previous ME cons Paul took his usual place out of sight so the focus remains on the guest, Tom in this case, and aksed the questions. This works fine. The other guys (sorry I can’t recall your names) had a different approach. They were on stage with guest in an interview type scenario which was followed by audience questions. I’m not sure if it was because it was different to what I was used to or what, but I quite enjoyed it. Maybe ME/Paul would consider something similar for future cons. Especially for the occasions when our submitted questions are lacking in quantity/quality :thumbup:

I liked the venue. I imagine some may say the talk room was too small in relation to the number of attendees . I took advantage of that though. Unless you were in the front row standing at the back was better for photography

I even delved into the world of Big Finish for the first time and purchased a couple of CD’s. Bad mistake - they are good. My bank account is already wincing.

Thank you everyone. Special thanks to Peter for his efforts. Also Janet, who wasn’t very well but even so was great fun and star of the event for me.

and despite not being an auto man
True! Do you have a suit like this?

automan.jpg

Or a car like this?

automan2.jpg

Edited by 1of2

apart from the food poisoning on sunday i had a great time, all the Dr's were lovely and i think Tom Baker even took a fancy to me :WINCE: the venue was lovely the staff were all pretty great and to let me use a room to recover sunday was even nicer of them, all except for the manager guy who told the DJ to stop playing at 12.30 on friday night and blatantly made it obviouse he was in a bad mood.

it was chilled enough for me to get around easily too with my crutch.

looking forward to the next one.

Edited by Ladyd

only bad points i would make were on the hotel, specifically the staff, they didnt seem to know much about there job, products and what was going on

also I think the bbq was a bit of a rip off @£20

The hotel staff admitted to me it was the 1st time they had done anything lie this, they're mosty corperate events, conferences and weddings so this was a completely new twist for them and i think they were a little bemused and confused but every needs a 1st time even hotels.

they were lovely to me when i was ill by their breakfast most likely but still they gave me a room torecover in and made sure i was alright, what was annoying was the room they gave me i would have loved to have had for the weekend, the bed was double the size of the one my fiancee and me were in origionally AND there was a full length mirror LOL

the BBQ at £20 was a rip off but it was the hotel providing it so they were obviously trying to make a bit more money *did you get much for the price?* i didn't take part in it, in fact i spent 9.99 on a KFC bucket insted by popping into town.

I thought location was good and also was nicely spaced out as never feeling to close in talk rooms and stalls.

The only thing was sometimes there wasn't enough seats in the talks, and on Sunday talks were put together to much. So it was like morning all sitting and afternoon all standing for sigs. How about that crazy women trying to push people together :-), ever heard of personal space.

Man some people had hygene issues not only with odours but when in the toilet I noticed alot of people didn't wash hands after going to the toilet. Ewwwwww

I'm not saying to pick holes some people might just have problems, but I think people should be more aware of hand washing.

But other then that was great I didn't attend the BBQ so i can't comment.

How about that crazy women trying to push people together :-), ever heard of personal space.

It's the red dye, it's gone to my head - and besides there should be more love in the world ;O)

Edited by Pooks

How about that crazy women trying to push people together :-), ever heard of personal space.

It's the red dye, it's gone to my head - and besides there should be more love in the world ;O)

Lol that was you, cool that you're on here. Yes there should be more love in the world. It wouldn't have been so bad if you was standing infront :-)

The weekend was awesome!!! Totally Brilliant!!!

All the guests were epic, especially Janet who was on good form.

The only downside in my opinion was the BBQ food on the Friday night.

It was a shame that there were a number of schedule clashes but the crew were brilliant at making sure everyone could do as much as possible :D

Brilliant weekend, looking forward to the next event.