Books HELP :)

lil nightmare

I know. You would thought getting a book the day it's out would be easy... guess again. I thought getting the Kindle was save all this hassle, Tuesday it was great, I preordered a book, but 7:15 am it was on it. Today not so great I thought it would be the same with this, as it's been out in US since 17-9.

Just started to read Dark Peril by Christine Feehan, would cheer me up but it's not working.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered a copy from Ebay, the only thing it's a US book, but peggers can't be choosers. Do you want the link? It's abit extra, but al least you know you'll get it in a few days.

EDIT: Just looked at my Angel/ Torment parcel. Thats ment to be posted today and so far it isn't. :dance: Not looking good. Wanted to read them before the con and it would of saved me abit of money.

Here's the link if your interested

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

:YAHOO:

Edited by ~Jenny~

I had another order with hush hush and fallen meant to be going out today from amazon too I dunno what to do about Alpha? Is it out in the shops? I might cancel my order and pick it up in town tomorrow I don't know it still says estimated dispatch today! but it's not even being prepared which at least my other order is :'(

Usually I don't mind book preorders coming a few days late cos I forget about them but I've been waiting for Alpha and although I don't wanna finish the series and there to be nothing left I also want to read it now!!!

It's not out anywhere, thats why I've gone for the USA one. It's should be posted out tomorrow and I should get it on Wed/thur.

It doesn't normally bother me too much, but with it being the last and like you've said we've waited this long, I just need it now!

3 charlene harris books (but not true blood)

Would they be the Harper Connelly books ? I loved them !

I love the House of night books (I have a crush on Stark lol) & Ive just finished the 2nd Morganville Vampires book. Im really enjoying them.

A friend of mine recommended The Immortals books by Alyson Noel but Ive not gotten to them yet.

I love The Immortal books can't wait for the next one to come out at the beginning of next month I think it is. Got to admit I've been so drawn into the Dark Series by Christine Feehan I may have to read the third book of The Immortals again as I can't remember what happened. I'm now on the second to last (currently published books) of the Dark Series but luckily there is like 3 others out there which are bind up books with other authors so may have to get those at some point so I can fill in the blanks on three Carpathian pairs I dont know much about.

Someone recently mentioned The Dark series to me. They said I should love them so i'll deffo have to have a look.

Ive just finished Bitten by Kelly Armstrong,(my sister grabbed the 3rd Morganville vamps book before I could start it) Its about wolves rather than vampires but I really loved it ! More for the slightly older reader though.

Bitten? Yes definately for the older reader if you enjoyed bitten you should try Rachel Vincents Shifter series the first book is pretty much identical to Bitten but with werecats but if you can get both books down the two series then go in different directions

Bitten? Yes definately for the older reader if you enjoyed bitten you should try Rachel Vincents Shifter series the first book is pretty much identical to Bitten but with werecats but if you can get both books down the two series then go in different directions

Another series I shall look into, Thanks :D

:D hope you enjoy it though I'm fairly sure you will if you can get over how identical the first two books are :)

Also just cancelled my Amazon order and ordered with thebookdepository.co.uk so fingers crossed!

Going to read book 4 of Kelley Armstrong's after the convention. Got a few other book I want to read before hand.

The Shifters Series is amazing! Can't wait to see how it ends.

Did Amazon send you an email with a different dispatch day? It's just I've ordered Angel. When I ordered it, it was in stock now it isn't, but it was ment to get sent out today, but I havn't heard anything. Just wondering what I should do about it.

Fingers crossed, it arrives before you go to Leeds.

Angel? LA Weatherly? No they didn't contact me they don't tend to but it wasn't even preparing for dispatch and thebookdepository claimed to be dispatching within 48 hours . . . and they've actually taken my money (paypal) soooo we shall see how hard is it to get a frigging book?!

My other amazon order which contained Fallen and Hush Hush is now on it's way apparently

Also re Alpha

Today's the day! If you haven't already, you should be able to find Alpha in your local book store today, if your local book store is in the US, Canada, or the UK. And it should be available as an e-book in most formats on October 1st. And it'll be an audio book very shortly too. So, lots of ways to read Alpha, and I hope you like it!

It looks like it should have been out in stores days ago over here!

Oooh I've not been on here in a while :dance:

Read Fallen last week and loved it! Me thinks I love it more than Hush, Hush! Also finished reading Linger and Shiver and enjoyed both of them too!

Can not wait for Book 9 of Morganville! I do love that series! When I have some spare money I'll buy some more books by Rachel Caine coz I think she's amazing. I think I'll also look into buying some by Nancy Holder too as I only have the Buffy ones she wrote.

just finished reading Torment :YAHOO:

now I'm like... i have to wait 'til summer?!

BAH!

it's awesome though!

:chair: I'm still waiting for Torment to arrive!

Yes it was Angel by LA Weatherly. and just got an email say I won't get it till November.

Huh really?? That sucks! I ordered mine from Waterstones Thursday and just got an email today saying it's been dispatched :chair:

Oooh I've not been on here in a while :wub:

Read Fallen last week and loved it! Me thinks I love it more than Hush, Hush! Also finished reading Linger and Shiver and enjoyed both of them too!

Can not wait for Book 9 of Morganville! I do love that series! When I have some spare money I'll buy some more books by Rachel Caine coz I think she's amazing. I think I'll also look into buying some by Nancy Holder too as I only have the Buffy ones she wrote.

just finished reading Torment :headscratch:

now I'm like... i have to wait 'til summer?!

BAH!

it's awesome though!

;) I'm still waiting for Torment to arrive!

I work in a bookstore, so thankfully I never have any issue with delayed orders - I used to, before I started working there!!

I didn't know though, that Fallen was going to become a series, I thought it was like - just two books, end of. Made me happy :blink:

Definitely prefered it to Hush, Hush, though that was good too :)

Just got a message that Alpha as been dispatched. :headscratch: ... FINALLY!!!! And Torment has as well.

I'm just in the middle of re-reading Fallen. I thought it was quite slow to get into, but once I did I really liked it. Looking forward to Torment. Hopefully it will arrive in the next few days. I'll get that one signed and buy it for my Kindle next payday so I can read it before the con.

Out of the 2 Hush, Hush was my favourite. CAN'T wait for Crescendo. Fingers crossed, that Amazon have it in stock when they are ment too. As I really want to read it before the con.

Has anyone read Angel yet? Have bought the book, just wondering if it's worth getting it again for the Kindle so I can read it before we meet her.

WHSmith have Torment for £4.99 at the mo which I thought was a bargin. I picked up Angel by L A Weatherly in Waterstones but they only had 3 copies, Seems to be selling quite quickly. Not gotten round to reading either yet as I'd just started the 4th Morganville book. I just cant read quick enough at the moment. I have so many books here just waiting to be read ! LOL

Alpha arrived for me either today or yesterday (I've been away) will ask my mam when she gets home eeek can't wait to read it but it's going to have to wait I have Vampire Diaries, Nikita and The Big Bang Theory to catch on but EEEEK!