Books HELP :)

lil nightmare

After another trip to the works I brought another 15 books, yes 15! So I can now start on the black dagger brotherhood as I now have them all.

Totally loved VA read them all in less than a week, and can't stop kicking myself that I didn't meet Richelle at ET3. Grrr.

The Works in town closed down, so I don't have one anywhere near me! I was gutted when I found out.

I love them too. I wasn't going to read them, but I got the first one free when I pre-ordered Bree's book and thought I give it ago has I didn't have anything else too read. It took me about 8 days to read all of them. Can't wait for the last on in Dec and the spin off next year. I'm hoping they have some signed copies of any of her books to buy in the dealers room. As like you, I really wish I'd met her as well.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so many pages so this has probably already popped up but has anyone read The Morganville Vampire series? My sis knowing that i reading vamp books decided to buy me a pile of them and they have been sitting on a shelf gathering dust while i read other books lol.

Just wondered if they are worth reading?

From the few pages i have read on this thread,... i seem to be alone in really disliking the Vampire Diaries books. I think they are poorly written :S. Very boring. Love the TV series though!

Along with everyone else i LOVED 'hush hush'.

Love 'The Vampire Academy' series... will be sad for the last one in December(well about Rose anyway). Excited that the rights have been sold to make a film though :(!

Shiver.... now that was a book that took me AGES to get into... but once i did i really ended up liking it. You have to wait to enjoy it though... that too has had its rights sold for a movie... should be interesting :dance:!

Reading 'Shadowland' (3rd book in The Immortals' series) at the mo and then the next book i will start is 'Fallen' :WAVE:!

I love a good read. ok... essay over hehe!

Edited by BeckiUK

A few people on here said they are good, so they are next one my list of things too read.

I haven't read and am not planning to read VD. I've got a few friends who love them and have tried to get me to read them, but I really dislike the series. So I'm giving them a miss.

Hush, Hush is amazing and can you believe Becca has turn down making it into a film at this point. I can understand, if she's planning on bring more out (Fingers crossed) and maybe waiting till all the Twilight are out and the hype over them had quietend down abit, bit still I was gutted when I heard. Can't wait for the next one. Hopfeully I'll have it read for the con and maybe be able to ask her a few questions about it.

Looking forward to the last VA and the spin off's as well. Who do you thnk they'll be about. Ones got to be about Mia also Eddie. I've already pre-ordered the last book. Can't wait to see how it ends. Fingers crossed I get the ending I want. Well as long as it's a happy ending for everyone I'll be happy. Hopefully we won't have too long to wait for news about the film.

Shiver, it took me a while as well. I finished the book and thought it was ok then when I was telling someone about it, I changed my mind to love it. I read the Library capy, but I've gone out and brought a copy myself

I saw the Immortals series in Tesco the other day and wondered about them are the any good?

I am sooooooo dumb.. ive just seen posts about morganville at the top haha! Sorry i only read the first couple of pages... my bad!

I think i'll have to read them after ive read 'Fallen' :)

I have enjoyed the Immortal Series... but this 3rd book so far for me... hasnt got the same pace as the others. Still worth reading though. I like the style of writing! and there is a 4th one coming out in a while so i guss the stories carry on!

Ive been thinking who the Spin off series for VA books will be on too... im thinking possibly Lissa or Adrian. I know lissa is like a main character already but... the focus is mainly on Rose so i think maybe thebooks will be more about the Moroi!

I cant wait for the last one either... December is too far away lol.

Jenny, series for the Vampire Diaries is soooo different to the books so you might like them after all. I didn't enjoy the last 2 books as much though. The writing style had changed quite a bit and there's a few continuity errors oh and things get a little weird. Saying that, the ending is quite funny ha ha ha!

I'm about half way through book 8 of Morganville now. Ahhh I really hope the books get turned into either films or TV series.

A friend has told me about them and I thought they sounded really bad. I may bite the bullet one day and read then when I've got nothing else too read, but I don't plan to yet.

I've almost finished book 5 of HoN's and I can't believe we've got yet another triangle. Please tell me in book 6 it's all sorted and there is no boyfriend drama.

Ohhh I can't remember what happens in book 5 now (my sister has a lot of my HoN books so I can't even check lol) :unsure:

Just finished reading Morganville. Ahhh I want book 9 already!!

The end of book 5 Heath gets killed and Zoey losses all her tattoo's and is in the Otherworld with him :D

Going to get book 6 from the Library tomorrow as it's not out in paperback yet. While I'm there I'll have a look into the Morganville series.

Just started to read Hush, Hush again.

Me too, I've got 2 copies. one that I can read and the other fingers crossed that I can get signed. I've pre-ordered Crescendo so I should have it read before the con. Hopefully I won't have to buy another one when I'm there to get signed.

After Hush, Hush I'm going to read Linger again by Maggie Stiefvater before her new one comes out next week. Then I might start on Morganville series.

Oooh I've not read of Maggie Stiefvater's books before. Might have to check her out.

I've still got the whole of the True Blood series just waiting for me to pick up and read but I'm scared it'll be way different to the tv series lol.

At first I wasn't to keen on it, as it's a bit slow to get into even after Ifinished wasn't that bothered, But When i was telling a friend about it, I decided I loved it. It's a very sweet story. I'm really loking forward to the next one. It's out on Wed so I should get it beginning of next week as I've ordered it online.

^^^ Hi I was reading your signature and it says you like Rachel Vincent's Shifters series have you tried Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld? The first two books are very similar to the Shifters series Werewolves rather than cats but then you're introduced to various other races and each book has a different narrator they're really well written even though the first two books are very similar to the Shifters series and if you're looking for something like that I'd really recommend them :)

Ooh I might have to check out the Shifters series. Speaking of cats (sort of) the 1 series that I loved back when I was in school (and still do actually) is the Year of The Cat series by Zoe Daniels. Haven't read it in years though! And it's not being published any more :P

^^^ Hi I was reading your signature and it says you like Rachel Vincent's Shifters series have you tried Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld? The first two books are very similar to the Shifters series Werewolves rather than cats but then you're introduced to various other races and each book has a different narrator they're really well written even though the first two books are very similar to the Shifters series and if you're looking for something like that I'd really recommend them :)

Cheers!!! I knew adding all those was a good idea. :thumbup: The Shifter series is one of my faves so far, so I'll defo look into them after I've read Burned (HoN), Linger (Maggie Stiefvater) and the Morganville series (Think thats what they are called). I've ordered the first 4 from the library, but it won't take me too long to read them all.

Due to the number of times they were suggested in this thread, I bought and quickly devoured the Vampire Academy books. They were quite delicious! But, someone please tell me, how exactly are we meant to wait four whole months until the final book? I think I might become the first person to ever die of impatience...

yeah i cant wait for the next one, so far that series is my favourite.

Maybe we should do some sort of book swap at et4. I have the whole of the HoN that ive decided not to keep (i have way too many books) but i guess its whether you can wait till then to read them!! lol

More waiting? Arghhhh!! :smile:

A Book swap is a pretty good idea though... and I wonder how many people would actually like to join in on your idea. There's a few books I have stored away in the shed (they're getting the lovely VIP treatment) which I'm sure I could part with hehe

I love the Vampire Academy. got the first one free with the Bree Tanner book. After reading it I got books 2,4,5 from Tesco. Then after reading book 2 I was like a crazy women trying to find Shadow Kiss, after 4 book stores I finally found it.

I know what you mean, I'm trying not to think about it. Thankfully I've got a few book that are coming out over the next few months to keep my mind of it. I just hope it's a happy ending. Can't wait to see who the 6 spin off books are about.

I've got books 1-6 of the House of Night. Didn't think they were all that good. Maybe if there wasn't a million love triangles in then, I'd think they were better. Mind I will say I do like how book 6 ended, have ordered Burned from the library as it's only out in HardBack.

lol, that would be good. I'd like to see one with Sydney and I'd really love to see one or 2 with Dimitri. But I'm still hoping for a happily Ever After with those him and Rose in VA. Mind having said that just because they are together (Fingers crossed), doesnt mean he can't have one. Hopefully Richelle will let us know who they are all about after Last Sacrifice.