Books HELP :)

lil nightmare

my favourite book series after Twilight of course, is the Dark Series by Christine Feehan, these are really for the older reader, they have a lot of sex in them, but I love the bond that she builds between the main characters - best to start with Dark Prince and try to read in the right order as they do have an underlying thread running through them

Hope you like them

I didn't like the Dark Prince much, but Dark Desire and Dark Gold were amazing. Just waiting on the Library to call to say they've got the next 5 I've ordered. (Magic, Challenge, Fire, Legend and Guardian) Hope they are the next 5 in the series. Please let me know if I'm wrong!

I have just finished reading Dark Possession in the Dark series. Absolutely loved it! It's the 1st book I've read in the series and pretty sure I shouldn't have read it first ha ha but it wasn't obvious when I was reading the book which was good sometimes a book doesn't make sense when you haven't read the otheres 1st. Must buy the rest in the series now.

Yeah I heard about the Bree book too. I'm intrigued although I wouldn't have thought there'd be a book about a new born, Stephenie is very unpredictable lol. I'm still hoping and praying that Stephenie will eventually release Midnight Sun! So depserate to read the rest of it!

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered the first House of Night book last week but still waiting for it from Amazon at the moment. Should have come today but not got it so reckon I'll get it tomorrow

House of night series is awsome.

I am reading the 3/4 book of vampire diaries cos i really liked the 1/2 book but this ones not holding my attention for long but i am hoping to get to the good bit soon cos its all building up to something ... it think :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Loads of recommendations on here that I will be checking out! I've brought so many books so far this, with what I already had I could start my own library!

I've recently read all of The Vampire Diaries, wasn't that impressed, I've tried to read Shiver although I still can't get into it at the moment.

Have just finished reading the Succubus series by Richelle Mead, which I really enjoyed, but would recommend for older readers for obvious reasons!!

I'm also reall the Weather Warden series at the moment which is by Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires - which are awaiting my attention!) and I'm loving them.

Night World series are pretty good and I LOVED The Mortal Instuments.

Thinks that's everything! Thanks for everyone's recommendations!

since my first post i have took on board what a lot of your said and ive read fallen and hush hus, i had to take a break after hush hush cause it was just so awesome i couldnt get interested in anything for a while i fell for patch he was an awesome leading man!!! i have started evermore now but so far still reeling from hush hus, thank everyone for their help :P

I really like Jodi Picoult books. I'm currently reading one of hers called Change of Heart <3

Ooh, I love her! Change of Heart is so good if that's the one I think it is, but my favourite is Salem Falls. :angry:

Change of Heart is about the girl who needs a heart transplant and her murderer is the match. I haven't got too far in yet so shh :P. I'm about 130 pages in.

Salem Falls was my most recent read aside this one actually! My mouth was literally on the floor when I read the last paragraph. That was SUCH a good twist!

humm listenin to you guys im intrigued now, could you tell me a bit about this salem falls book or series to give me an idea if id like it but without giving too much away to others?

Since readint this thread I've started and finished reading the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine and absolutely loved it if you ever get a chance to read it I would theres 7 books out atm and another coming out in May!

I saw Percy Jackson at the cinema the other month and quite enjoyed it, so I now have read all the books, and I have to say I rather enjoyed them. I recommend them, they're not too big and are not that kid-ish.

House of Night is an amazing series! I think the 3rd and 4th books are my favourite! I'm about to start reading Marked again and then the others in prep for the next book coming out at the end of this month. Can't wait!

since my first post i have took on board what a lot of your said and ive read fallen and hush hus, i had to take a break after hush hush cause it was just so awesome i couldnt get interested in anything for a while i fell for patch he was an awesome leading man!!! i have started evermore now but so far still reeling from hush hus, thank everyone for their help :wub:

I really like Jodi Picoult books. I'm currently reading one of hers called Change of Heart <3

Ooh, I love her! Change of Heart is so good if that's the one I think it is, but my favourite is Salem Falls. :D

Change of Heart is about the girl who needs a heart transplant and her murderer is the match. I haven't got too far in yet so shh :P. I'm about 130 pages in.

Salem Falls was my most recent read aside this one actually! My mouth was literally on the floor when I read the last paragraph. That was SUCH a good twist!

humm listenin to you guys im intrigued now, could you tell me a bit about this salem falls book or series to give me an idea if id like it but without giving too much away to others?

Found a synopsis online for you

Jack St. Bride was once a beloved teacher and soccer coach at a girls' prep school - until a student's crush sparked a powder keg of accusation and robbed him of his career and reputation. Now, after a devastatingly public ordeal that left him with an eight-month jail sentence and no job, Jack resolves to pick up the pieces of his life. He takes a job washing dishes at Addie Peabody's diner and slowly starts to form a relationship with her in the quiet New England village of Salem Falls. But just when Jack thinks he has outrun his past, a quartet of teenage girls with a secret turn his world upside down once again, triggering a modern-day witch hunt in a town haunted by its own history…

its a LOT better than it sounds trust me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered Fallen by Lauren Kate and the 3 The Immortals Series books by Alyson Noel that are out so far, evermore, blue moon and shadowland, they all look really good and can't wait to get started! even though me and my sister were looking at books and we found the synopsis for the 4th book which isnt even out yet but thought it sounded really good so we've ordered the first 3 books because we want to read the 4th one even though we werent entirely convinced by the first 3 synopsis' but they sound ok just the 4th one looks the best lol =D

Vampire Academy Spirit Bound out in 17 days :thumbup:

I have now finished all the current True Blood and Vampire Academy books. Am really looking forwards to the new VA book coming out. Am up to book 5 of House of Night, and going to start the latest Vampire Diaries book after I finish book 5 of H.o.N still gonna need some more stuff to read though as running out of things to read now I can get through a book every two nights which means I'm currently demolishing everything I got.

I REALLY loved book 6 of Vampire Diaries! I was real unsure about book 5 but got into it in the end but book 6 was awesome right through! :D

The release for book 7 has been pushed back to November though, and it was supposed to be June!! :huh:

Hopefully I'm not repeating anyone's suggestions, but I read a few books recently that I thought I might suggest...

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting is an absolutely fantastic book. From the moment I got it I couldn't put it down.

A serial killer on the loose. A girl with a morbid ability. And the boy who would never let anything happen to her.

Violet Ambrose can find the dead. Or at least, those who have been murdered. She can sense the echoes they leave behind... and the imprints they leave on their killers. As if that weren't enough to deal with during junior year, she also has a sudden, inexplicable, and consuming crush on her best friend since childhood, Jay Heaton.

Now a serial killer has begun terrorizing Violet's small town... and she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

The Splendour Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore is another good book. The book cover isn't very attractive, but you know what they say, 'Never judge a book by it's cover'.

Sylvie Davis is a ballerina who can’t dance. A broken leg ended her career, but Sylvie’s pain runs deeper. What broke her heart was her father’s death, and what’s breaking her spirit is her mother’s remarriage—a union that’s only driven an even deeper wedge into their already tenuous relationship.

Uprooting her from her Manhattan apartment and shipping her to Alabama is her mother’s solution for Sylvie’s unhappiness. Her father’s cousin is restoring a family home in a town rich with her family’s history. And that’s where things start to get shady. As it turns out, her family has a lot more history than Sylvie ever knew. More unnerving, though, are the two guys that she can’t stop thinking about. Shawn Maddox, the resident golden boy, seems to be perfect in every way. But Rhys—a handsome, mysterious foreign guest of her cousin’s—has a hold on her that she doesn’t quite understand.

Then she starts seeing things. Sylvie’s lost nearly everything—is she starting to lose her mind as well?

The Soul Screamer series by Rachel Vincent is a new series that will be published in the UK in October. Keep your eyes peeled for it. I've read the first book, and it promises to be a fantastic series.

She doesn't see dead people, but...

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about the need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next...

^^^ I love them. Someone mentioned them on the first page and I thought I'd give then ago. They are Brill can't wait till Alpha comes out in Oct.

And yes they are quite cheap. I got the Stray, Rogue, Pride, Prey and Shift for less than £20.

I REALLY loved book 6 of Vampire Diaries! I was real unsure about book 5 but got into it in the end but book 6 was awesome right through! :D

The release for book 7 has been pushed back to November though, and it was supposed to be June!! :P

Phew! I didn't think book 5 lived up to the others books.. So glad to hear book 6 is awesome :P Need to get my hands on it! :P But, I have 14 books to read atm.. :D

I read this amazing book the other day "What I saw and How I lied" by Judy Blundell - it's not about the supernatural, however it is fantastic! It is quite an easy read :P

I asked Rachel on her Facebook about it ad she didn't know, but she's give me a link to a book store with free delivery to UK. Book one is out of stock. When all 3 ar in I'll be getting them. As I don't think I can wait till Oct for them.

Argh I've just finished the House of Night books and cant wait for the next one. Kinda sad now though as I wanna know whats happened. Back to Vampire Diaries book 6 tonight and looking forwards to the next Vampire Academy book coming out. Hopefully by the time I've finished with those Eclipse will have come out and I'll have Eclipse and the Second Life of Bree Tanner to read.

I've just finished reading Burned, the latest HofN book. Pretty much flowed nicely like the others have but I won't give anything away. I too am onto book 6 of the Vampire Diaries. I have to admit I nearly gave up because book 5 was not my cup of tea but reading that others thought it was good has made me dig it out!

HARRY POTTER

I think the HoN books are SO crap, I got through like 4 and gave up, the writing is so poor, it's like this happened then this happened and this happened and then this happened and omg im so popular....makes me wanna pull my nose off.