New Guest Announcement

showmasters

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'd quite like someone a bit different outside of the usual Star Trek/Star Wars stuff lately. A good movie guest or a main star from a less represented show like Lost or something.

But we'll see :D

I'd quite like someone a bit different outside of the usual Star Trek/Star Wars stuff lately. A good movie guest or a main star from a less represented show like Lost or something.

But we'll see :D

I totally agree! Can't wait till tomorrow :thumbup:

Sorry I was referring to London Theatre

"Ian McDiarmid returns to the Donmar Warehouse to lead the cast of The Prince Of Homburg. The former Artistic Director of the Almeida theatre has previously appeared at the venue in Be Near Me, John Gabriel Borkman and Pirandello?s Henry IV. His most recent London stage appearance came in Six Characters In Search Of An Author, which played at the Gielgud theatre in 2008"

The source you're using is wrong then, Be near me was done at the Donmar in early 2009

But we'll see :P

my thoughts exactly, not had any lost guests since Ian and Maggie if memory serves me right.

Im glad im at work all day tomorrow to keep me distracted!

my thoughts exactly, not had any lost guests since Ian and Maggie if memory serves me right.

Im glad im at work all day tomorrow to keep me distracted!

There have been quite a few Lost guests since then I think. Not necessarily 'big' guests but there have been a couple I think. Would be great to get Elizabeth Mitchell <3

Yes please! ;)

More often than not I have no interest in meeting these guests but I still get excited when posts like this are made. I just like seeing who it is! However I have a few unpleasant things to get through tomorrow before I can look forward to this!

"Ian McDiarmid returns to the Donmar Warehouse to lead the cast of The Prince Of Homburg. The former Artistic Director of the Almeida theatre has previously appeared at the venue in Be Near Me, John Gabriel Borkman and Pirandello?s Henry IV. His most recent London stage appearance came in Six Characters In Search Of An Author, which played at the Gielgud theatre in 2008"

The source you're using is wrong then, Be near me was done at the Donmar in early 2009

http://www.london-theatreland.co.uk/theatr...-of-homburg.php

Seems reputable

May I enquire your source? I'm not doubting you, just interested in accurate information.

My post was made with good intent and if just 1 person gets a cool auto as a result of our

discussion then its time well spent.

On the point about no SW signing didn't Ian McD also do an official pix (just Star Wars signing in 2008)

http://www.london-theatreland.co.uk/theatr...-of-homburg.php

Seems reputable

May I enquire your source? I'm not doubting you, just interested in accurate information.

My post was made with good intent and if just 1 person gets a cool auto as a result of our

discussion then its time well spent.

On the point about no SW signing didn't Ian McD also do an official pix (just Star Wars signing in 2008)

I know it's wrong because I saw be near me at the donmar in 2009 twice, unless of course it was some sort of hallucination... :blink: ... i'm worried now :thumbup: I understand your post was made in good intent, I just don't want you getting your hopes too high with Ian and then being left disappointed. Yes he did do a signing with Officialpix in 2008 but that's a different kettle of fish as it's a private signing rather than taking time to spend signing at either conventions or stage doors. Yes I know it's hypocritical as you should either sign all things star wars or none wholesale, unfortunately that is just the way it is with Ian. I know a friend of mine who took star wars things to sign last year and he turned them down.

QUOTE(Sauron @ Mar 13 2010, 12:09 AM) *

QUOTE(IG69 @ Mar 13 2010, 01:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Mr G @ Mar 12 2010, 09:44 PM) *

QUOTE(IG69 @ Mar 11 2010, 11:21 PM) *

Really? My understanding is that he will do it but insists on personalisation

Any Ian McD auto is better than nothing, even if it has to be on a Prince of Homburg programme

Sorry To Shoot You Down .. But Ian DOESN'T SIGN Star wars Stuff ... My friend asked him to sign his SW book (signed by Loads Of Cast Members) and He Said And I Quote

" I Don't Sign Star Wars Stuff "

Anyway I'm Hoping For David Tennant Aswell ... Or maybe Timothy Dalton ...

No need to apologise, tbh I'm grateful for your input

Ian hasn't done a play since 2008 though when/at what event did your friend ask?

As far as the guest announcement goes I think it will be Star Wars again as Jason said

"some of you will be happy"

We've been so well catered for I don't really care who it is. It's going to make one group

of fans happy and good luck to them

That's not quite right, Ian did a play last year and refused to sign star wars items

If you get anywhere with this please let me know, I got James Earl Jones' today so adding the emporer would be great

. THUMBUP.GIF THUMBUP.GIF THUMBUP.GIF THUMBUP.GIF THUMBUP.GIF THUMBUP.GIF THUMBUP.GIF THUMBUP.GIF

Hey guys - I have seen on the stage a number of times and would highly reccommend you go to see his new play - even if he doesn't sign as he is one of the finest stage actors around!

Anyway he did a reimaging of King Lear at the Crucible in Sheffield a few years ago - he happily signed my programme for the play - so like a number of guys have said he may not sign star wars stuff but he his happy to sign theatre programmes etc

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and this board (and Collectormania too...this will be my first one!) but I just wanted to weigh in on the speculation here and mention that Leonard Nimoy has announced that this year will be his last ever for conventions and then he's done. Now I'd love to think he'll come back to the UK before he hangs up his autograph pen for good...so a small part of me is seriously hoping this announcement could be Nimoy.

• Moderators

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and this board (and Collectormania too...this will be my first one!) but I just wanted to weigh in on the speculation here and mention that Leonard Nimoy has announced that this year will be his last ever for conventions and then he's done. Now I'd love to think he'll come back to the UK before he hangs up his autograph pen for good...so a small part of me is seriously hoping this announcement could be Nimoy.

I would be very surprised as Leonard appeared at the previous Collectormania event in Milton Keynes, and it's rare that Showmasters have a big guest do consecutive events.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ive only just got into cons, if thats true and no more nimoy im gonna die a little inside, saying that (and i know im breaking my own rule here) if this announcement was nimoy for lfcc id explode with happiness

This is bad news!!!

I desperately want a Nimoy/Shatner photo and can only get that at Vegas!!

I am no going this year!!!

I hope he continues to do some in the states especially Vegas!!

I have to have this photo before I go to the Delta Quadrant!!!

Please Showmaster Nimoy for LFCC and a joint photo op!!!!

:o :un :( sure: :huh:

Edited by 7 of 9