Grey's Anatomy Fans

hermyrules7

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT'S OFFICIAL KATHERINE HEIGL HAS LEFT GREY'S!!!! :D

http://www.tvfanatic.com/shows/greys-anatomy/

Erasing the one percent of doubt that may have lingered regarding the ongoing saga, Katherine Heigl has confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that she is leaving Grey’s Anatomy.

“I am done,†the Emmy winner said. “We just finalized our agreement. Everyone had been working really hard to find an amicable and gracious way of letting go and moving on."

"It’s sad but it’s what I wanted.â€

Well, the 31-year-old is nothing if not candid. She reveals that it was family issues, not her burgeoning film career, that prompted her to approach series creator Shonda Rhimes.

SO SORRY: Is Katherine Heigl really?

“I started a family and it changed everything,†says Heigl, who took a three-month leave from Grey’s this season to bond with her newly-adopted daughter, Naleigh, and is now free of her contract 18 months early. “It changed my desire to work full-time.â€

Although she was scheduled to appear in this season’s final five episodes, that is no longer happening. As a result, the January 21 episode was her final one as Dr. Izzie Stevens. (Which is our episode on 15th April)

“I know I’m disappointing the fans,†she says. “I just had to make a choice. I hope I made the right one.â€

Edited by hermycullen

I may have to kill her for trying to get rid of Shepherd :smile:

Just Double checked on 3 diff. website and he def' isn't leaving

*breathes deeply*

Keep a look out for any other members of the cast leaving

It's weird, it's like watching the series Disintegrate

Edited by Im-A-Future-Wombat

Yeah I'm not a big fan of Demi's either.

Season 4 of Grey's starts on Channel 5 next friday at 10pm incase anyone's wondering.

P.S. Just like to say happy birthday to you Im-A-Future-Wombat!!! :thumbup: Your birthday is 3 days before Chyler Leigh's birthday. (Lexie)!!

I think that last night was one of my favourite from this season.

I really wasn't expecting Lexie and Alex together at the end.

It was funny when Lexie walked in on Arizona and Callie. But also kind of embarassing too. :lol:

Next week is Katherine's last episode :wub:

Sad news :DKATHERINE HEIGL IS LEAVING GREY'S ANATOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tvfanatic.com/shows/greys-anatomy/

Grey's Anatomy confirm that Katherine Heigl is indeed leaving the hit series after nearly six seasons, amid reports last week that the original cast member was as good as gone.

But why is she leaving? And how will Izzie be written out? The answers may surprise you.

According to E! Online, Katherine has been asking to leave the medical drama for close to three years, and she finally got what she wanted last week when Grey's Anatomy creator / executive producer Shonda Rhimes and ABC agreed to let her out of her contract.

According to one of Heigl's coworkers on the Grey's Anatomy set, things got "pretty miserable" for all parties involved and "they [the producers] decided to let her leave."

The show's ABC rep has no comment, and Heigl just parted ways with her personal publicist, but it looks increasingly likely that Katherine will not return at all to the set.

What are we going to do now? Burke, Addison, Hahn, George and now Izzie are now gone.

In other news the promo for episode 18; Suicide is Painless is up and looks like it's going to be cracking episode!!! Due to air here on the 27th May!!!!Unless delayed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YTnTiE2iYA

I thought it was known (maybe it was just me) last year that she was leaving.

Whoever doesn't love McDreamy Shouldn't be watching Grey's ;)

I don't love McDreamy but i still watch it. I love Owen (and have since he was in Rome) and call him McGinger, lol. His relationship with Christina has been one of the things that has kept me watching for so long. Also Arizona is an awesome addition to the team.

I noticed that some opinions on here lead towards the 'disintegration' of Grey's. It doesn't matter who comes and goes as long as Meredith stays. It is Grey's anatomy after all even though she is not my fave character.

For anyone that didn't know Isaiah Washington got asked to leave over his homophobic attitude to T. R. Knight. T.R. Knight left as he felt they has exhausted his character as he wasn't being given much to do and Katherine Heigl, i thought, was always going to leave at some point.

Last weeks episode: I think Christina will come to realise that she has made a mistake letting Owen go, but will he want to leave her? Also i'm not liking what they have done to the Chief as i'd hoped that they'd done the alcoholic father thing.

(Sorry for the ramblings, as you can probably tell Grey's is one of my fave shows at the moment!)

Hello and welcome to the fan club bunny-summers.

Firstly, Katherine was going to leave last year at the same time as T.R.Knight, so it would have been an end to George and Izzie then. But she stayed until she could get out of her contract. She had been trying for ages but after she adopted her daughter and went on maternity leave and didn't come back to work Shonda Rhimes finally let her go.

Secondly, I hope that the show can run for a long time and I do get your point about the cast members and the fact that it can only be Grey's with Meredith Grey. I did know about Isaiah leaving and I thought T.R.Knight left because his character wasn't getting enough on-screen time as he used to. (George was my fav character.)

(Now I'm rambing so I'll stop. Grey's is one of many favourite shows at the moment too)

I can't believe Alex and Lexie!! That is so not a good idea.

I knew that Katherine was leaving and I'm interested in what they will do with her storyline.

Callie and Arizona were cute. Addison was awesome :) Sloan annoys me but I can kinda understand why Mark would choose to help her. The chief and McDreamy also really annoy me. As does the Cristina, Teddy and Owen thing. Bailey is great :) Bring on next week!

Katherine leaving the show..

When I heard that news a while ago, I was like woohoo!!

I named one of my 4 cats after her character (that and cause I just liked the name so much) Izzy not Izzie but what's in a couple letters.

I was so glad when she was leaving, 'This what I wrote in my silly little Greys Anatomy blog (my way of venting, good or bad, about the show)

'At one point I thought Izzie was my favourite character then the Denny thing got really boring and then she ended up sitting/lying in a bed for what seemed like an eternity. I know its a medical drama, people get sick, and well one of the main cast was bound to be in bed with some injury or disease sooner or later, but it was like, is this Izzie Anatomy cause its sure feels like that'

she took over the show to much for me and in the end seemed like she was just there for a bit of eye candy for the guys.

T.J.Knight should never have left, but apparently fame like this is not his thing, he didn't even do that many interview either. As Sandra Oh said (not her exact words but), its one big family, and you have to live with these people day in day out for over 6months at a time, and that can be a little hard for some people, its not easy, cause you have to get on with these people no matter what, cause your working with them.

Sandra Oh - I tell you now if I was ill I'd want her character Yang as my Dr and I'd want either Little Grey or Arizona as my other Dr just for the great bedside manner

But as for a favourite character - Bailey is cool, 'She's his work wife' lol (thanks Callie) Chandra Wilson plays Miranda so well..

A classic Bailey quote I love from when she was pregnant

MIRANDA: Do not kick me!

GEORGE: Excuse me?

MIRANDA: Are you kicking me under the table, O'Malley?

GEORGE: No!

MIRANDA: Than clearly I wasn't talking to you. [looks down at her stomach] You cannot kick me when I am doing my job. Thank you.

Sorry for going on, but I just love the show so much... Won't link to my blog as it really isn't that good, my writing skills suck and it sometimes comes across as moaning but glad others like it as much as me..

My addiction / Observation with the show, got so bad the other week when it wasn't on, I was yelling from the kitchen, 'put living on or I'll miss it' (I was making some home made popcorn to watch the show with, I do that every week now) but it wasn't on and some Most Haunted special was on instead, I was fuming but new it was really only a TV show that I could just about live without for one week (though it was very hard lol)

I only just started a Face Book UK fans group this morning for a bit of fun and too see if I could meet other fans of the show who watch it on Living along with me and my hubby its called 'Grey's Anatomy UK Fans' funny thing is I was going to post on here about it, then saw this thread lol...

If your a fan please join the FB group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?cu...114359935250577

Again sorry for going on, but it is IMO one hell of a show at there don't seem to be many of them around at the mo...

:D

LLAP :clap:

Edited by zebredy

And Christina gave up Owen for an attending :(

That was obvious (at least to me and my mum) the character of Yang is so work driven and craves surgery, she even threatened to quite once and went to the Chief and said, basically (can't remember exact stuff) either I do what I signed up for or I'm out of hear, cause at the mo, I'm not learning anything....

Cristina: Sir.

Richard: Now's not the time, Yang.

Cristina: I have good hands. They're fast. They're dextrous. They were made to throw ties, and do complex procedures. These hands were made for surgery. Today they should have been deep inside a heart saving a life. Instead, they removed a tick, and pumped a (censored).

Richard: What's your point?

Cristina: My point? You know what, you should cut me.

Richard: What?

Cristina: From the program. You have to make more cuts, and I should go. Cause if you can't give me a brilliant cardiothoracic attending whose willing to teach me, then I can't get what I need from this hospital. Everyone is scared of losing their job, and so am I. But, if I can't learn. If I can't use my gift, then I... I guess that scares me more. That's my point Sir.

She will most likely in some way regret the decision but Teddy as a potential step in the right direction for Yangs career is way more important and we can see that..

Last time remember how alive she felt in the OR. Even though Teddy was just reading some paper Yang was being taught and learning which is exactly what she wanted 'For the first time I felt alive in there, can't wait to see how this pans out over time...

:D

LLAP :clap:

Edited by zebredy