LOTR TRILOGY IS NOW ON BLUERAY

Shabs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

No first we wait for the Extended edition. I'm not spending £50+ on the theatrical version to only then spend another £60+ for the extended version when they come out.

Will 100% be getting the extended version on Blu-ray though.

No first we wait for the Extended edition. I'm not spending £50+ on the theatrical version to only then spend another £60+ for the extended version when they come out.

im with you too tall, thats the first thing i thought when i heard lotr was to be released on bluray, when it comes to bluray i want everything Ive got (in this case the extended plus all the extras) plus something new, better pic and sound is great but having only the theatricals is crazy, i double dipped on dvd, i will not on bluray and besides i dont watch the theatricals anymore with lotr, the extended ones are better and definitive in my opinion, unlike with star wars where I still watch both originals and special editions

though truthfully when it comes to bluray, the discs should have both the theatricals and alternate versions all on one set!

*looks over at his 17 copies of T2 on DVD before nodding in agreement*

The studios really need to stop taking the mickey here. As a fan of LOTR and collector of DVDs, I have the 2 disc set, the four disk set and the four disk set with Weta model for each movie, and I am inclined to do the same for HD - but it's getting ridiculous. Ok I'm sure the mastering and authoring processes take quite a while, but I think I'll just wait for the Definitive Remastered Collector's Ultimate Bazinga Edition.

Yep that's what I'll be waiting for too!

• 1 year later...

disappointing, and why could the movie not be put onto one bluray disc and not split in 2 like the dvd, even with all the commentaries, surely bluray allows the space?

I will wait for the inevitable price drop.

back to the future and lethal weapon box sets are both at 25 now and have been on and off for a while, might go for them soon especially with there new bonus material.

• Moderators

They wanted highest quality possible for each movie, which did mean splitting them. People would've complained about the quality if they'd put them on one Blu-ray each. So they can't win either way really.

I got BTTF for Christmas, so I might get the LOTR one, depends how patient I'm feeling. I'd like to re-watch them before the Hobbit movies so I guess no real rush.

They wanted highest quality possible for each movie, which did mean splitting them. People would've complained about the quality if they'd put them on one Blu-ray each. So they can't win either way really.

I got BTTF for Christmas, so I might get the LOTR one, depends how patient I'm feeling. I'd like to re-watch them before the Hobbit movies so I guess no real rush.

yer id like to rewatch them also at the moment was thinking about it for this weekend, but yer and also before the hobbit.

rewatched back to the future on dvd this weekend ;-) love em.