Party Themes

showmasters

Adam Ant was played at the last Hub, So you will of ehard some of the music but maybe not seen him.

Siouxsie Sioux is a bit more non-mainstream. Wont hear her stuff as often on the radio and such.

And c'mon, you know who Harley Quinn is?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Ant was played at the last Hub, So you will of ehard some of the music but maybe not seen him.

Siouxsie Sioux is a bit more non-mainstream. Wont hear her stuff as often on the radio and such.

And c'mon, you know who Harley Quinn is?

I have heard of Adam Ant, I shall admit that much. Not sure I'd recognise his music. No clue about Siouxsie Sioux though.

And yeah, I know who Harley is. Wasn't meaning her.

Phew lol Harley FTW And I only asked as I wasnt sure how many people you were referring to.

And Prince Charming was played at the Hub a few times, thats one by Adam and the Ants.

Always a con fav, seems to get everyone in a line pretty quick.

I'll have to join in this time.

Phew lol Harley FTW And I only asked as I wasnt sure how many people you were referring to.

And Prince Charming was played at the Hub a few times, thats one by Adam and the Ants.

Always a con fav, seems to get everyone in a line pretty quick.

I'll have to join in this time.

Ohh thought that was by someone else for some reason.

Although I don't know the dance so I don't pay much attention to it

• Moderators

Okay, so morbid sparks and I decided to give in and do the actual theme on Friday after all... since it was the one we'd spent ZERO on our own theme for anyway, lol. Have now spent grand total of £4.80 on Friday costume, and sewn myself some epaulettes from scraps from Saturday costume!

Go me!

Although I don't know the dance so I don't pay much attention to it

what about stand and deliver? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1j7bOVEew0

Ooooooooooooh The Dandy Highwayman *droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooools*

and people wonder why I'm a goth!!!! Please! The bit when he's topless in front of the mirror *swoons*

And I've met him, and he was utterly LOVELY!!!!

*ahem*

@Never - *dons historical and important figures in music and media hat* Siouxsie Sioux was one of the original Bromley Contingent along woth Billy Idol, Steve Severin and Berlin. They were disaffected kids from Bromley and surrounding areas who were obsessed with David Bowie and then later became the hard-core initial fans of The Sex Pistols (most important UK punk band ever, whether they were the best is open to debate). They were the kids standing at the back of the Pistols on the Bill Grundy interview, Siouxsie is the blonde with the black star over one eye, who is offered a more 'personal' meeting by Grundy, which caused Steve Jones to go into the now infamous tirade of f-words.

Siouxsie herself formed a band at very short notice for The Screen on The Green, featuring Sid Vicious on drums (later 'bassist' with the Pistols), Steve Severin and Marco Peroni (who became Adam Ant's right hand man). That was the start of Siouxsie and the Banshees.

The early stuff is punk, and then when Goth began to happen, Siouxsie's look was copied by thousands of goth girls and boys up and down the country. Their music will fill any alternative/goth dancefloor, however Siouxsie has always stated that she is not a goth :D

The woman is a goddess, an icon, an inspiration and an idol. She is utterly amazing, and if I looked like her, I could die happy!

small_EC5AEA9B-C403-45D9-3D04D2332320E86F.jpg

She is utterly awesome, her music is fantastic (I recomend Playground Twist, City in Dust, Swimming Horses, Dazzle) Hong Kong Garden and Dear Prudence are probably the Banshees biggest songs, and the ones you are most likely to hear. Oh and Peek-a-boo.

Hope that helps *takes hat off* That was a potted history btw, I know faaaaaar too much about 70's Punk, and Goth, and New Wave

Friday - all sorted, just need to make my epaulettes

Sat - have the shoes but that's it lol

Sun - complete outfit sorted, but need to adapt the shirt slightly

I can't wait!! They're such fantastic themes!

Ooooooooooooh The Dandy Highwayman *droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooools*

and people wonder why I'm a goth!!!! Please! The bit when he's topless in front of the mirror *swoons*

And I've met him, and he was utterly LOVELY!!!!

jealous!!! And he's just generally nom in that video anyway! Love the make-up and I love the clothes. Always loved old military uniforms and poet shirts ;)

• Moderators

Friday - will be complete just as soon as my mum sends me 1 item of clothing still at parents' house

Saturday - complete

Sunday - probably complete, but may change my mind

Soooo excited about putting together the Siouxsie ensemble... will have to try and hunt down these potential redhead shots!

Also now have my Saturday plan... it's going to be a b!tch to make though (surprizes!)

Friday I think I'm sorted, just need to trawl some thrift/vintage stores!

Can't believe it's only a month now!! I have so much to do!!

What are you guys doing for Friday? I sort of don't have a clue. I mean, are you just dressing up as policepeoples?

I know Rob isn't but I can't touch him and his smexy outfit ;)

Also I have Saturday sorted but .. it isn't really anything to do with a fairytale. Or twistedness xD Oh dear.

PS I wanna dance with all of you. x