Party Themes

showmasters

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont have a plastic bag for it Lizzy?

I'm having to bring everything on the train with me. Yes its all packed away, but it includes a flintlock pistol and a modern pistol for two of my costumes.

And maybe a plastic axe for the other one lol

This is all sounding very strange.

Sure I'm going to wake up and it will be June 2008 again haha.

I have a HUGE fridge of a suitcase so everything I need can be stored away in there 8D

Shockingly I think I might actually have costumes for 2 of 3 nights - as a person who doesn't do dressing up if I can help it I'm feeling quite proud of myself!! Now I just have to dig out my old ball dress and school shirt and pray they still fit (and also get a bit creative when it comes to customizing things!). Fingers crossed!!

I'm all sorted.

For the 80s thing I will be bringing an extra set of crimpers with me if anyone wants to borrow them. Tips for successful crimping will be given free of charge. :D

I love crimping my hair! I sort of stopped when it was long, cos 1 hour sat with your hair in 3 bunches whilst you bemoan the lack of a 3rd arm was not fun. I ought to give it a go now it's short.

Personal top tips

- Hold the crimpers on to each section for about 10 seconds (ignore 'That's burning my scalp/ear' it's only 10 seconds, and it'll be worth it)

- Do small sections, takes longer, but you get much bigger hair

Personally I don't bother with back-combing or hairspray, I just comb out once I've gone over the whole thing and poof! Big Hair!

Personally I don't bother with back-combing or hairspray, I just comb out once I've gone over the whole thing and poof! Big Hair!

I do that for everyday big goth hair, but for 80s big goth hair I need to make an effort! My hair's all one length and quite a bit longer than yours IIRC so there's a lot of weight in it threatening to pull out the crimp if I don't take steps to counteract that by using about half a can of hairspray!

Another tip - crimp stays in better if you tackle your hair when it needs washing as the grease protects your hair and the crimp takes better. If you try to crimp the same day as you've washed your hair it will fall out in only a few hours.

I do that for everyday big goth hair, but for 80s big goth hair I need to make an effort! My hair's all one length and quite a bit longer than yours IIRC so there's a lot of weight in it threatening to pull out the crimp if I don't take steps to counteract that by using about half a can of hairspray!

Another tip - crimp stays in better if you tackle your hair when it needs washing as the grease protects your hair and the crimp takes better. If you try to crimp the same day as you've washed your hair it will fall out in only a few hours.

I think my hair is abnormal, because I can crimp it after washing (when it's dry) and it stays for days. Obviously it loves the crimp! Damn hair! Won't hold a curl, but will crimp forever!