Cosplay

Gojira

This is not Plunderbird. I'm a friend of his who he has given permission to to use this account because my own has not been validated by mods for a month or so.

The website hasn't been updated since last year so I wanted to know if theres still a cosplay masquerade or if cosplays allowed at all ( I know recently theres been some strict rules on wearing "disguising" clothing.)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure one of our lovely cosplay ladies will be around shortly to confirm, but as far as I know cosplay will still be taking place.

The latest rules about costumes can be found here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=49064

Regarding your validation I am sorry, but the mods do not have influence on validating members. The system should automatically send you an e-mail. Sometimes that e-mail ends up in spam or get lost somewhere in cyberspace. You don't have an AOL account by chance? This is where the biggest problems are.

If you e-mail info@showmastersonline.com with your user name they can manually validate your member name so you can post.

Cosplay is always allowed :D No rules against wearing what you want (as long as it dosnt break the law lol)

As for a masquerade, I doubt there will be one at this event, but I'll let Turkfox (who runs the cosplay) explain that herself.

I'll still be dressed up all 4 days though!

• 3 weeks later...

I see on the LFCC board people have been listing their cosplays, so what's everyone planning for Collectormania?

I'm hoping to do Ripley from Aliens one day, as part of a group with my sister as Vasquez and my 9 year old niece as Newt. I've seen photos from previous Collectormania's of people dressed as aliens, which would be awesome if we could bump into someone like that this year!

The costumes themselves are pretty easy, it's just the pulse rifles that are proving to be a bit of a challenge!

Then on the day I've got the photoshoot with Kate Mulgrew I'll probably wear one of my Trek uniforms (probably my TNG skant dress).

Anyone else?

hi, ive been a member on here since 2009 but i hardly post so im not sure of where to post things on here yet sorry.

im planning on doing cosplay this year and i wondered what are the rules on prop weapons?

if i dress up ill be carrying a plastic gun, and ive seen many many people carry guns and swards around the events but i dont know if weapons need to be checked or modified or something

HI, I did post a question about csoplay in the cosplay title section from the home page. I had no response there, but just saw this post now. I was getting worried there wouldn't be a competition as i've spent many months over winter preparing for it. Last years comp was nearly a disaster, many of us people wanting to take part spent up yo 3 hours looking for the cosplay lady. We walked round & round & round & kept going to the main desk for help.

Why can't the cosplay competitions as collectormaina MK be as good & as well organized as it is at other simliar events?

You know It would be great if there were events around the country just for cosplay only. I come from Shropshire & even Milton Keynes is fairly far to go, but at least can park the car right outside the venue, so can easily travel the costume's down & then get changed, then quickly hop over to the car & can tidily put my costume away for the rest of the day, as they are very delicate.

Anyway, please let us all know what's going on, where we can find the cosplay person on the day & anything else, soon.

Many Thanks

:wub:

As I posted before, it wont happen unless Turkfox/SM organise someone else to run it for one or more of the days, as Turkfox will not be at this event at all.

Last year Rickman101 managed to put together a rather good comp based on the time she had to prepare for it.

But as we found last year, only a few people (literally 3 or 4 over the whole weekend) either put enough of their own work into a costume to be eligable or bothered to take part. We had to pad out the entries with people who had not even made part of their costume, which is usually a rule strictly imposed to the adult section of the comp.

If there was enough pre-interest on here maybe something would be held on the saturday maybe.

So sign here if you do want to TAKE PART in a comp and have self-made at least some of it. Its the only way SM will know whether to run something or not.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

I'm still waiting to hear back from SM with answers to my questions. Unfortunately, this event is scheduled for the same dates as another event and it seems practically every cosplayer I've asked will be there instead. As I don't believe there will be enough interest (as BeatrixKiddo88 has said was the case last year even though there was no clash with any other events), and I wouldn't settle for anything less than an onstage masquerade which wouldn't be possible without a decent amount of entries AND audience, I've asked SM what they think we should do. I'll let you know when I have anything to tell you.

(And for the record, I would be running it, should there be one.)

Edited by TurkFox

It wasn't specifically to you, just a couple of people had said it so I thought I'd clarify. :wub:

And I have an assistant officially now, though I think I've forgotten to tell her, but she'll always be my first option if I can't make it.