What book are you currently reading?

touchthesky

Currently I'm reading, A year and a Day by Isabelle Broom and in my bookcase to read next is:-

The Girls - Emma Cline

The Trouble With Goats and Sheep - Joanna Cannon

Life Skills - Katie Fforde

Living Dangerously - Katie Fforde

The Night Brother - Rosie Garland

Into The Water - Paula Hawkins

The Queen of Wishful Thinking - Milly Johnson

The Hundred Year Old Man - Jonas Jonasson

Rumour Has It - Jill Mansell

The Unpredictable Consequences of Love - Jill Mansell

The Sunshine and Biscotti Club - Jenny Oliver

The Essex Serpent - Sarah Perry

The Tenth Circle - Jodi Picoult

Look Who's Back - Timor Vermes

Escape to the Riviera - Jules Wake

Katie Welsh - The Wages of Sin

Phew!  I don't think I'll be getting through them all any time soon, these will keep me going for quite some time, but I can't resist buying books and going to book signings.

22 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Currently just over halfway through Hollow City, the 2nd book in the Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children series.

Is it good?  I have yet to read the first one, but will check out the second book if I like the first.  But I love the film! :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Just about to read "Apollo Pilot" the memoir of Apollo 7 astronaut Donn Eisele.

It's a slim volume, but I'm reliably informed his blunt views make most of the other astronaut autobiographies "look like kids' books".

On 18 June 2017 at 7:53 PM, ChloeLou said:

Is it good?  I have yet to read the first one, but will check out the second book if I like the first.  But I love the film! :smile:

Finished it the other day there, quite good! :smile: I'd recommend reading the first book as it varies quite a bit with the ending if you're gonna read them all. :smile:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Just finished "Airborne" by Robert Radcliffe. Exciting WW2 adventure, first in a trilogy. The next instalment "Freefall" is due for release in the next few weeks-looking forward to it!

I am currently reading Final Girls by Riley Sagar. If you are into slasher horror films then I would recommend giving it a go. The story is based around three girls who were the only survivors of separate killing sprees. I am about half way through it and really enjoying it!

While I'm waiting for Freefall I'll be reading "He". An imagining of my comedy hero Stan Laurel's life by John Connolly.

A bit hesitant tbh 'cos I know it won't be all sweetness and light.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Listening to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on audio book. I've been struggling to focus on books recently but I'm making my way through a book called Jane Doe by Victoria Helen Stone. I'm enjoying it but I just don't have the time to read at the moment.

14 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

I've been struggling to focus on books recently

I'm the same recently. Haven't gotten much farther in Artemis since I posted. Always mean to get a bit done in bed at night but finding I've wasted too much time and rather go to sleep than stay up. lol

• 3 weeks later...

"D Day Through German Eyes-The Hidden Story of June 6th 1944"

This book is based on the accounts of German soldiers from various units who were interviewed in 1955.

Recurring themes are the tension of the days before the invasion, the shock at the scale of the attack and the horrors of battle.

It gave me a greater understanding of the motivation of the ordinary Wehrmacht soldier.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Planet of the Spiders" (Terrance Dicks)

Was feeling nostalgic for the old Target Doctor Who books so I picked up a couple on ebay.

The prologue features Jo Grant and her hubby in the Amazon jungle which is a nice touch.

I'll go back to grown-up books after this guilty pleasure :whistling:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...