What book are you currently reading?

touchthesky

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am currently reading World War Z and The 100 Year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared.

Both good but just don't seem to have the time nower days to really get stuck into them.

I'm a huge series lover so I'm looking to move on to The Mortal Instrumants series afterwards,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am currently reading World War Z and The 100 Year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared.

Both good but just don't seem to have the time nower days to really get stuck into them.

I'm a huge series lover so I'm looking to move on to The Mortal Instrumants series afterwards,

Just started the 3rd MI book myself, after attending the panel at LFCC and seeing the movie - Can honestly say the books are good once you get into them. They start a little strangely with some wierd symbolism and phrases but come good. There's plenty that wasn't in the movie too - shame they've put the franchsie on hold as I quite enjoyed it.

Will be carrying on my Horus Heresey journey once I've done book 5 of the Mortal Intruments.

• 1 month later...

Stopped the MI series at the end of the trilogy... Good books and hope they do carry on with the movies but I think the end of the 3rd book is a good place to stop for me.

Starting the Mockingbird trilogy now and really enjoying the style and the fleshing out the story.

• 1 month later...

Just started the 3rd MI book myself, after attending the panel at LFCC and seeing the movie - Can honestly say the books are good once you get into them. They start a little strangely with some wierd symbolism and phrases but come good. There's plenty that wasn't in the movie too - shame they've put the franchsie on hold as I quite enjoyed it.

Will be carrying on my Horus Heresey journey once I've done book 5 of the Mortal Intruments.

About to purchase book 3 of the MI's now. I'm actually really enjoying them, they're not the most amazing written books but they're definitely an enjoyable easy read. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Moving on to "Selecting the Mercury Seven: The Story of America's Space Pioneers" (Colin Burgess)

Sure is quiet...

Fascinating stuff...some nice pics too...oh! Thought I heard a noise..."CHAPPiE, is that you? Mands"?

Nobody there-just my imagination..."KING RICHARD!!!??

Get a grip Alan, there's nobody here...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have re-read Antony Beevor's "Stalingrad" and "D-Day"

Gripping (and sometimes heart-breaking) accounts of two of the key events of WW2.

Leaving terra firma again-currently reading "Two Sides of the Moon" by Dave Scott and Alexei Leonov, an account of the 60s space race seen from either side of the "Iron Curtain". It is clear that while there was competition, there was mutual respect between the Astronauts and Cosmonauts.