Cosplay Clans?

LilyLovesEdwardCullen

LMFAO! Chelsea's a Tinsel-Corey Muffin Muncherr!

and yes! WHAT innocence!?

If you're going to accuse me of munching muffins, at least spell the munchees name right lmao :D Korey! With a K! K for know that I don't just munch anyones muffins!

LMFAO! i know that... i just wanted to see what sorta scene you would put on if i didn't spell it right :crying: you didn't fail me!

Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

hahaha why of course ;)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really been one for avoiding a costume just because someone else does it - a bit of healthy competition never did anyone any harm,

I know. I always wanted more people to do Lara at cons but nobody does these days :headscratch:

totally not twilight but it's funny you say about lara i have been trying to get in the marathon for teh last 4 years, am hoping i will finally get through next year as if you don't get selected for so many years you get to skip the ballot but anyway when i eventually get in i intend to run as lara :)

Edited by thewhiteladyofrohan

i have just read through all 15 pages of this and call me crazy but does it not seem logical that to stop teh arguing you post the names of all the people who intend to be that character or perhaps the different styles of that character

for example if there are 5 alices put down all 5 of them and which version they are doing, i don't think people truly are so possesive of teh character as much as the style coz the way the list is written is like saying only they can be alice and i understand why people get upset

so i would either right is as alice - prom alice - volterra etc etc

for example i know that there is a couple of esmes perhaps birthday esme, baseball esme would be a betetr way of listing them again still not to say no one else can do the same thing but people can get a general idea of how many there are when they decide who to be..

if my daughter was coming i'd dress her as renesmee but she's not coming to this one. still may dress her like it for fun one day and post a pic :) or maybe at collectormania or LFCC or something when she has to come :)

Edited by thewhiteladyofrohan

Anybody is free to cosplay as whichever character they choose, people could even create their own Cullen clans, and group together. :(

Think how amazing your photos would be if you had loads of different cosplay groups each cosplaying a certain scene from the film :D

I get what you are saying, nobody can exclusively claim one character. But I dont think they are doing that, just letting people know who is cosplaying as what so that they can get together/compare notes etc

Even if someone wants to be the only Alice in a particular costume, who is to say that someone who has never been on the forum wont turn up in that exact same costume.

Perhaps it is just the phrasing that is the issue? Written word can always be mis-interpreted, I doubt any harm was meant by it :P

Its all fun, and is awesome to see everybody dressed up :D The more pics the better :D

Definitely post your pic of her if she cosplays at CM or LFCC :D

well like i say it doesn't affect me as i wil be anyone i fancy regardless of what anyone else does but i know how peole see things when written so thats how i'd solve it but tis all good to me :)

personally i am torn between 2 characters i expect i'll end up doing both will decide tomorrow when the trailer comes out if i can get a decent image from it to see the outfits clearly

i already know which dress i would put my daughter in to be renesmee when i read the book i see her the description is so close to her it's funny,

well, we definitely expect pics of her! :(

And why not do both costumes :D I know lots of the cosplayers do different outfits and even different characters, sometimes during the same day

But it all costs money doesnt it :P

well i suspect one is actually going to be super easy if her outfits as i expect them to be and the hair is super easy as it is how mine is, the other i can make part of and have found the other part cheap. so i am leaning towards both but will probably decdie tomorrow when isee the tariler

I remember one of the days at ET3 Becky (foreverbella) and Vicky (pegasusmarsters) both did Alice's blue smock and they got a picture together. They looked awesome. I also wanted to get a pic with another girl called Elli who sometimes dresses as Edward/Rob but every time I saw her I didn't have my camera so Elli if you read this I'm so stealing you next time for a picture even if it means you coming back to my room to get the camera first!!!!

Also thewhiteladyofrohan usually closer to the events I do a list of whose doing what costumes, which day. It made it easier if any of the different cosplayers wanted to get group pics together and helped people decide which costumes they were doing which day. I put all of those into categories like Cullen, Volturi, Nomad, Other just so it was easier for people to see who was doing what.

This is what I did last time http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=56694

Lily,

I have had one thought.

There seems to be an awful lot of people wanting to cosplay the cullens,

As Sam has done in the past with the different outfits etc.

Why not have something for different Cullen Groups.

You could name the Group, even after the name of the person that formed it, eg (and I dont know if this is the case, just an example)

Sams Cullens (Flashback scene)

(Then go on to list all the people in the group)

Rhi's Cullens (too lazy to cosplay scene)

and then name the other lazy bums like me :D

eg eg

That way, if someone wants to join a group, they could offer their services so to speak

What do you think? :D

Edited by Rhianydd