3 people in a room?

Holly

Hi guys,

Sooo me and two friends will be going to ET4 together, the problem is our room. We booked a twin back when only two of us were attending, but now we have a third friend who'll be joining us. I kinda just assumed it would be okay for us to all share a room (I have a blow up mattress I was going to bring) considering it's price per room, not per person, buuut there have been some conflicting opinions that have come up and...yeah I'm kinda freaking out a tad :D sooo if any of you have any experience with the same problem, I was just wondering if you could help me out?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated :dance:

Hiya! At ET3 we had between 3 and 5 people staying in our twin room each night, nobody ever said anything :) it may be an idea for one person to check in and then the other two meet them at the room or something in case the people at check in get suspicious...but to be fair, I'm sure they know that there's extra people in the rooms, and I've not heard of anyone getting kicked out because of it...don't worry!

There are reasons behind the maximum occupency per room, which are normally fire safety and insurance purposes (don't quote me... but I'm pretty sure thats close).

If you look at this page it will tell you the max occupancy for each room type:

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/BHXM...commodations.do

Seems as though it's the executive rooms that have the higher occupancy allowance :)

You most definitely can get kicked out, but as long as you're sensible - not too much noise, sleeping bags packed up immediately, only one person checking in, do not disturb sign up all weekend, don't get extra breakfasts - you're very very unlikely to get caught. Or I haven't, and am not planning to this time. Also, Hilton rooms are HUGE! We struggled at the Park Inn but you can get heaps of people in a twin at the Hilton! But you might prefer to go all above board if you think spending the extra money is worth the peace of mind.

Edited by Spectrum

There are reasons behind the maximum occupency per room, which are normally fire safety and insurance purposes (don't quote me... but I'm pretty sure thats close).

Not sure about the insurance, but it's definitely a fire marshall rule, just like the maximum occupancy of the event rooms.

Not sure about the insurance, but it's definitely a fire marshall rule, just like the maximum occupancy of the event rooms.

They are legally required to have public liability insurance, and if any claim under that insurance were in any way related to excess occupancy and/or the hotel not taking reasonable steps to enforce occupancy rules, the claim could likely be voided. Suppose the room got burgled or flooded and everything stolen or irreparably damaged - the insurance company aren't going to pay out for 3 laptops or 3 replacement passports for a twin room (unless you've got a really good story why there were 3 laptops or passports in a 3 person room).

But generally, there's very little chance of problems if you act clever.

Thank you soo much for all the replies guys, I really do appreciate it. We're playing it safe, my friend just booked herself a single room :P soo thanks again! ;)

Edited by Holly