palitoy related questions.

mr fagan

Hi can anyone please confirm that back in the late 1970s early 80s the JAWA with vinyl cape was available on a PALITOY 12 BACK? and on what card did BOBA FETT make his UK debut? I know the vinyl cape Jawa was out for a limited time before they changed it to the cloth version and that the vinyl version was out in the USA on a KENNER card but was he also out on a PALITOY UK CARD as well? As for Boba Fett he too was out on a STAR WARS KENNER card in the USA, but was he also out on a PALITOY 20 BACK OR 21 BACK? or was his debut more subdued and was on a EMPIRE 30 BACK? Any help in this matter would be great as i have not seen any photos of them in the books i have or the web only kenner versions. But for collectors in the UK like myself from that age group who did have Boba but not via the mailaway offer and the vinyl caped jawa was pictured on the back of the cards on wave two of the figures someone out there must know the answer. Many thanks to anyone who can help me.

I've done a bit of research for you and as far as I can tell the vinyl caped Jawa was 'corrected' before it hit Palitoy. There again I'm only going on advice from a few friends 'in the know' so who's to say that they are right?

I only ever remember the cloth caped/robed one. It's certainly the only one I ever had as a kid.

As for Boba Fett - I'm drawing a blank on that, but if I find out I will let you know.

Was looking for a sci-fi fair to attend recently as I fancy getting some vintage Star Wars items, but there doesn't seem to be any of these little shows any more. As much as I love the Showmasters huge shows, I do long for the Empire Day and Cheshunt shows to return. Little or no signings and just Star Wars and sci-fi stuff.

If Jason and Mark are reading this - is there any chance of a smaller, traditional sci-fi collectors show from you guys any more? (say yes!)

hi many thanks for this as you are the first person to respond to my questions re this matter. I have come to the conclusion that Boba was debut in the UK on an Empire 30 back,but seeing as he was on a Star Wars card in the USA that just makes it even more perplexing. The search goes on. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.