Future ET cons

cullencrazy

I was talking to an attendee at ET3 who has advised that Taylor, Rob and Kristen will never be able to do a ME con coz they arent allowed to do unofficial conventions....?

Is this the case? I know the chances of them doing it at all is slim to none anyway but Im just curious.

I mean obv Taylor was gonna come to the first one but had to drop out so.....? Any ideas??

• Moderators

As ME have said they aim to get all the cast members over at some point, I would imagine they won't give up on attempting to get those cast members who are obviously going to be the trickiest to get.

We've had plenty of "oh you'll never get that guest!" comments before, and Showmasters have proven us wrong. So I think never say never.

I don't think anyone ever said they can't do unofficial conventions, it's just that official work comes first. Also, haven't the guests got to want to come to conventions? A lot have people have mentioned (to me) the fact that Jamie managed to both the con and the BAFTAS so why couldn't Rob, Anna and Kristen, but one would assume that maybe they just didn't fancy it this time round!

I don't think anyone ever said they can't do unofficial conventions, it's just that official work comes first. Also, haven't the guests got to want to come to conventions? A lot have people have mentioned (to me) the fact that Jamie managed to both the con and the BAFTAS so why couldn't Rob, Anna and Kristen, but one would assume that maybe they just didn't fancy it this time round!

I'd have assumed Rob and Kristen had more press interviews etc to do beforehand

I'd have assumed Rob and Kristen had more press interviews etc to do beforehand

Yes.. there's always that! And that would be considered official work whether it be for Summit or any other work related thing...after all their work has to come first!

Edited by JaneDoe

As ME have said they aim to get all the cast members over at some point, I would imagine they won't give up on attempting to get those cast members who are obviously going to be the trickiest to get.

We've had plenty of "oh you'll never get that guest!" comments before, and Showmasters have proven us wrong. So I think never say never.

So the lass I spoke to was obviously talking a load of nonsense then!! I think its just nice to consider it as an option one day rather than it being ruled out altogether like she said...

I would hope that they would attend but I just cant see Rob and Kristen wanting to do it. Taylor on the other hand I can well imagine enjoying a con!! Fingers crossed I guess xxxx

I do not think it is in their contract that they cannot do the unofficial cons..I think it is more about schedule etc...also the offical ones as long as they are promoting the Twilight Saga movies, being it a premiere or DVD release, that comes first. But when it is all said and done and if SM/ME runs these cons after that I'd say it is all about them wanting to do it and work related schedule allows for it. I do NOT think Summit can order them around what cons they can or cannot do.

Good point. I saw you after the Gold Pass reception. That was borderline illegal I'm sure!

It wasn't illegal, Jaswin was just amazing after that :D Then I joined in, it was fun!

SHE SPILT MY WINE ALL OVER MY TEAM BEWLEY T SHIRT! :wub:

I think I was nearly as bad as her tbh ^_^

• Showmasters Admin

Surely if Rob was to come over to a convention at a hotel somewhere in the UK, said hotel would be mobbed with people as soon as he arrived, which would make it pretty hard for ME to run it.

The level of security would have to be much higher and we'd have to have a lot more crew checking badges etc, but I don't think it's completely impossible.

Surely if Rob was to come over to a convention at a hotel somewhere in the UK, said hotel would be mobbed with people as soon as he arrived, which would make it pretty hard for ME to run it.

The level of security would have to be much higher and we'd have to have a lot more crew checking badges etc, but I don't think it's completely impossible.

It would actually be INSANE!

• Showmasters Admin

INSANE but not impossible :D

INSANE but not impossible :P

Yet still very, very INSANE ;)

INSANE but not impossible :wub:

Yet still very, very INSANE :(

hmmm too tall does this mean u are trying to get him???