Silver ticket seating

cullencrazy

I think that the seating for the guest talks should be sectioned off for silver ticket holders as it is for gold. This was the case at ET1 because I remember we were standard and werent allowed to sit in the first x amount of rows. Personally I just think that if you are paying silver prices for your ticket then you should have some sort of priority since that is meant to be one of the perks?? Is there any reason this is different from ET1? xxxx

Yes there's a priority seating, as far as I'm aware.

Oh, by the way, is it an area that is allocated to Gold tickets, and then Silver and then Standards, and in them you can sit wherever you want? Or is it like in LFCC when you have ONE seat that is allocated to you and that's all? Hopes this makes sense :thumbup:

The only ticket group that has an allocated area are the Gold Pass holders.

Silver Ticket owners do get a form of priority over Standard Ticket owners because they get to go first when the hall is loaded. As far as I know there has never been a special area allocated to the Silver Tickets, at least not at the events I went to.

I noticed a lot of people I knew were silvers sitting at the back of the middle section of seating, whereas no one had really gone over to the far side of the hall so all the rows behind the gold pass ones - even as a standard I had a great seat both days with a clear view of the guests and the screen. I later heard one of those silver people complaining that she hadn't been able to see very well... am I the only person who has thought of the solution to that one? :lol:

• Moderators

I actually do agree with this as being Silver myself me and my friends were pretty annoyed in the Sunday talks when a group of French Silver pass holders saved seats for their Standard pass friends meaning we had to sit a lot further back than we actually should of had to. I mean, at one point we had a Standard ticket in the 300's in front of us when we had paid alot more money so that wouldn't happen. I don't mind swapping seats so friends can sit with each other but I really do feel as though Silver seating should be sectioned off so things like this where you feel cheated don't happen in future events. I don't mean to be all complainy as I did enjoy the talks, but I paid over £40 more to get the right to get the seat of my choice, and not to be told I can't sit there because it's saved for their friend in the Standard ticket queue.

i think in general seating is a problem, i was gold and a few chairs down from me people got their seats pinched by a few girls who wanted to be near their mates, then when those women came back and got a memeber of staff to move them, the girls just refused. Would be alot less hassle if it was all done by ticket number, then if u aint got that number pass...move on basicly to your correct seat.

i think in general seating is a problem, i was gold and a few chairs down from me people got their seats pinched by a few girls who wanted to be near their mates, then when those women came back and got a memeber of staff to move them, the girls just refused. Would be alot less hassle if it was all done by ticket number, then if u aint got that number pass...move on basicly to your correct seat.

Agreed! A few people I know suffered with seating! Me and John were in standard 370's so we knew our view would be a bit rubbish but we got stopped by a group of French girls "holding seats for friends" and one was very rude to us (and the same lady was later rude again), their friends never actually turned up to sit there either!!

If seats were numbered (even if it was only rows numbered, not necessarily each single chair, then possibly this might stop some of this?

the way it worked (or should have) is Gold was the first 4 rows, silver was the next 3 and Standard was the last two before the aslieway thing and everything after, and it shouldn't have mattered for people who entered the hall later than loading golds can always go to their section and so on a so forth....it is sometimes hard to spot empty seats. silver's and gold's shouldn't be saving seats for friends in standard

Edited by Jessy

Silver and standard ticket holders were going in with the golds, and standards were going in with the silvers...It's a bit messed up. Like fair enough if gold/silver choose to sit behind for whatever reason, but when you pay for those perks, it does pee you off a bit when you see people who didn't get all the advantages.

Silver and standard ticket holders were going in with the golds, and standards were going in with the silvers...It's a bit messed up. Like fair enough if gold/silver choose to sit behind for whatever reason, but when you pay for those perks, it does pee you off a bit when you see people who didn't get all the advantages.

Did this happen when the hall was loaded for the talks? This should not have happened, and at other shows I have seen crew checking badges when people entered the hall.

Agreed! A few people I know suffered with seating! Me and John were in standard 370's so we knew our view would be a bit rubbish but we got stopped by a group of French girls "holding seats for friends" and one was very rude to us (and the same lady was later rude again), their friends never actually turned up to sit there either!!

Seat saving for others is not allowed. Next time you see someone doing this, grab someone of the crew and if that doesn't help try to find TooTall.

EDITED to clarify

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Seat saving is not allowed. Next time you see someone doing this, grab someone of the crew and if that doesn't help try to find TooTall.

It was our first con and we were a bit scared to say anything. We didn't want to fall out with anyone (even if they were rude!) but, at ET4 if we see the same thing happen we will def stick up for ourselves! Thank you!

You were allowed to save your own seat after you had sat in it but just not for anyone else. Too Tall called us in by ticket nembers and I sat where was best at the time. I don't think I could have got better seats for my ticket numbers. If I wanted a seat near the front then I would have bought Gold on 22nd January and not silver! That's the priveledge of getting GOLD!!

Did this happen when the hall was loaded for the talks? This should not have happened, and at other shows I have seen crew checking badges when people entered the hall.

It did, I was kinda shocked too. Some people just somehow got in when the hall was being loaded, and others just ran to the front once they were inside.

It did, I was kinda shocked too. Some people just somehow got in when the hall was being loaded, and others just ran to the front once they were inside.

If you see this again, tell the crew. If that doesn't help tell TooTall.

I am really very surprised about this. People slipping through is one issue and as much as one checks it will happen from time to time. But at every other show crew members were around making sure that only Gold Pass holders got in the front rows once attendees were being let in.

Edited by Queen_Sindel