doctor who s5

tgifriday

• 4 weeks later...

On a big screen to an audience ? Very unlikely for legal reasons. I'm sure people will be watching it privately in the hotel's bedrooms / bars etc, but some sort of "official" screening by the organisers, almost certainly not. :lol:

On a big screen to an audience ? Very unlikely for legal reasons. I'm sure people will be watching it privately in the hotel's bedrooms / bars etc, but some sort of "official" screening by the organisers, almost certainly not. :wub:

Not sure what legal reasons you're alluding to but in fact its relatively easy to get a license to screen episodes. The rules are quite stringent though. For instance the screening must be open to the general public (i.e. not just convention attendees) and no fee must be charged for the screening (this includes indirect fees so you couldn't say, for example, that someone could attend the screening only if they purchased a drink from the bar).

However, for public screenings you must get a license and there's various BBC forms to fill in so I doubt Showmasters will want to spend the time on that.

• 1 month later...

As said earlier, a screening of Torchwood was arranged at Bad Wolf, and at Dimensions there was an unofficial screening of "Waters of Mars" (watching Doctor Who, with 2 companions... how mad is that?)

I really can't see a reason why Showmasters wouldn't arrange a screening. It would surely get us more in the mood for their Who related activities the following day.