Charlie Bewley

talie

It's gonna sound biased but he IMO totally outshone the restof the guests. He showed face to every single one of the parties and went out of the way to treat every single attendee as an individual person. He was amazing in the talks despite a lot of the audience laughing at him when he was being serious. I've heard some folk saying he's pretentious and arrogant and without sounding pedantic it's a case of not understanding him

lovely guy as always, star of the show thanks for getting him sm.

Talie

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst for me Jamie was my favourite, Charlie was incredible. I'd heard a lot about how nice he was and he really didn't disappoint. He was very friendly with eveyone, had a laugh with everyone he spoke to, and gave some brilliant answers during the Q&A sessions. He was a brilliant guest :)

It's gonna sound biased but he IMO totally outshone the restof the guests. He showed face to every single one of the parties and went out of the way to treat every single attendee as an individual person. He was amazing in the talks despite a lot of the audience laughing at him when he was being serious. I've heard some folk saying he's pretentious and arrogant and without sounding pedantic it's a case of not understanding him

Talie

Charlie was my favourite guest :) He was so lovely and like you said, came to every party and so funny!! I actually would love for him to come to ET4 but I doubt it as he's been to the proms & ET3 aha.

Talie

Thankyou :) Fantastic guest, honest and fun. Let's hope we get to see him at more events in the future x

As much as Charlie is a lovely guy he did fall right into what I'm calling the Heyerdahl trap at the talks!! Every time he tried to give an eloquent, intelligent if not slightly off the wall response, Chris got us laughing.

Charlie was great with my daughter. He made a point of talking to her everytime she walked past him in the corridors etc, in fact he seemed to do that with everyone which was nice.

Talie...can't wait to see the interview!!!

• Moderators

Charlie certainly divided opinion from what I saw. Some loved him before and still love him, while others ended up liking Jamie and Christopher more.

I did see Charlie being really attentive to a lot of people, and that's always great to see from the guests.

I don't see it as having to say who was 'the best' though, and it doesn't have to be some kind of competition. In the end, the panels will always have a few strong personalities and it's always more fun when they work together.

As long as everyone was friendly, and enjoyed their time with the guests, it never needs to turn into a 'my guest is better than yours!' kinda deal. There'll never be a convention where everyone likes everyone! ;)

I think they were all very different. Charlie is pretty full on, Christopher has a really sarcastic sense of humour, Jamie is such a thesp...love him, Kiowa was very quiet and sweet and Tinsel was just too damn pretty for her own good lol!! I alwasy love all the guests really!

Charlie was amazing as always! Luved him at the proms, and he certainly didnt disapoint at et3 either!!! Luved him to bits! He made a point of talking to every guest he came by, had a good old chat quiet afew times in the lifts lol and the pictures he had with guests were AMAZING!!! Although ive said id prefer new guests at every ET he really is one i wud luv to be there every single time :D

Charlie sounds absolutely amazing! I would definitely travel anywhere to meet him if SM could get him for another event .... LFCC perhaps? :D

I can't answer anything to this but YESSSSSSS I really want to meet him too!!

And Christopher.

And Kiowa (the only wolf that I've not met yet, except for Chaske but I'll meet him in May! and Taylor of course, but that's another story...)

And Jamie.

And Tinsel.

Well all of them actually!

But, Charlie? Hell, yes! :P

Actually I felt the same thing as Talie.

Some french attendees told me that they thought Charlie was arrogant.

For me, like most of the French people, I met him in Paris last October and this week end I didn't feel that he was pretentious.

I'm thinking that most of the French people were demanding and maybe it upset Charlie which is a thing that I totally understand. I mean, it costs nothing to tell "Hi" "Please" and "Thank you" to a guest...

During the week end, Charlie was just as loveable as I thought he was in Paris. Saturday afternoon I did a guest encounter and since we were 5 french people he translated for us the questions and his answers. And Sunday on the photoshoot, I asked him politely if I could jump on his back in order to bite him... And he said yes... LOL (Too bad though that the photograph did'nt let me pose cause in the photo we only see Charlie's funny face and my hair....)

Soooooo I went to ET3 especially to see him again and I really don't regret it!!!

And I'm so happy he agreed to sign my pic with "Angelique - Bewlier #58 rocks" :D

Well I'd like to tell the Bewliers that I'm sorry for the group shot : not being able to understand what Talie told me (my speaking english is not so good. :P)... and I was too shy to come to talk to you during the week end...

By the way, the t-shirt rocks :)

I have to say to Charlie was very spontaneous in the photoshoots and probably tried harder than the others to make each one individual. I walked up and just pointed at my cheek and he obliged even thought the result is quite comical. He swept my daughter off her feet and I really wish the picture had been a full shot to see the effect..she loved him and was disappointed not to win a guest encounter with him!

On the arrogant front...perhaps he may have seemed so a little but I just think that's because he a confident person!

Edited by JaneDoe

Talie

Talie you know Sam, Mel and I are big fans of Charlie - the man is a legend and was just wonderful what else can I say :D

I think some people confuse confidence for arrogance at times, and I know he doesn't like people thinking those things about him.

I just find the negative comments people were making quite upsetting cus as much as someone like Jamie was amazing i loved him, he didn't even make one apperence at the parties :D

I think Charlie is just a typical British lad with lots of charm. He was really sweet at the autos and was happy to pout and make peace signs like an idiot at my photoshoot with him. He was really nice to all the cute kids as well.

I did think sometimes he needed to tone it down a bit at the talks, as there were a few moments where he'd talk over other guests and fail at making the audience laugh.

But other than that, I loved him!

I think Charlie is just a typical British lad with lots of charm. He was really sweet at the autos and was happy to pout and make peace signs like an idiot at my photoshoot with him. He was really nice to all the cute kids as well.

I did think sometimes he needed to tone it down a bit at the talks, as there were a few moments where he'd talk over other guests and fail at making the audience laugh.

Thing is a lot of the time he wasn't trying to make people laugh. He was just being him, being lucky enough to have some contact with Charlie it really shocks me that sometimes people view him like that lol :D

People need to remember the guy has ADD too.

HIGHFIVE on the love though <333

Edited by Crépuscule

Thing is a lot of the time he wasn't trying to make people laugh. He was just being him, being lucky enough to have some contact with Charlie it really shocks me that sometimes people view him like that lol :thumbup:

People need to remember the guy has ADD too.

HIGHFIVE on the love though <333

He was at his funniest when he wasn't trying to make people laugh and the jokes just came naturally.

And I'm very glad I met he because he was so nice *High fives back* xD

Also, the ADD thing shouldn't make much of a difference when it comes to what people think of him - my best friend has ADD and she's exactly like Charlie. Can't keep still for 2 minutes. :D

I was one of the people lucky enough to win a guest encounter with Charlie and honestly, what a really great 45 minutes!! He was such a lot of fun and so genuine and chatty, it was fab.

I've been sitting thinking about it all morning and writing down what we talked about so I don't forget it!!

His bodyguard said he's a pleasure to work for as well!!

A really great guest!