Event Feedback

DavidB

I have to say that I agree with the part about the interviewer, it did feel a little forced, and the fact that tinsel had to keep asking for the next question felt really awkward, and seemed to make the guests feel uncomfortable. It probably isn't totally doable, but maybe have competitions to let fans ask questions... or at least get someone who knows about what it going on/ twilight background?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About adjustments to passes, I'm not sure if it would be possible but put attendees names or photos on the passes seeing as everyone of the passes has an individual number put on it already. Just an idea but seeing as there are so many of us I'm not sure if it would de doable or easy and would mean more work.

Edited by chimmykins

Yeah I agree about the talks. The Sunday group talk was so dull and also very embarrassing. I was saying to people afterwards, that to be fair, it wasn't the guests that were boring, it was more to do with the fact that;

A) They couldn't understand some of the questions because they were mumbled etc. and

:P The interviewer didn't lead the talks enough and just left long embarrassing gaps.

David not so bothered about having a wristband with my costumes but what I also said was I can't stand having things round my wrists. I'm the kinda person that when I'm admitted to hospital will do anything to get the wristband thingy off as I get extremely panicy and irriated by them.

Another thought is, not sure if I'm right here and I know it would mean alot more work but at LFACC I'm sure I saw some of the gold pass things with peoples names and photos on them. Maybe doing that just for Gold and Silver passes could work I mean not much point putting them on standard really as its not like a standard is going to swap passes with another standard.

Hi all! First I will apologise now if any of these points have been repeated but once I got to page 5 of the replies I felt I wanted to add my two cents in :)

Good Points:

Guests were fab!

Laidback atmosphere, I didnt feel I would get wrestled to the floor by the bodyguards for getting too close to the guests lmao.

The themed parties were fab, much better than at the other two ET's (also bigger dance space which is always a bonus).

Photoshoots/autographs really well organised.

Staff really nice.

Hotel really nice.

Tha majority of the attendees were fab especially great to see the PJ crew again, you know who you are!!!

Bad Points:

Hotel prices for food (although having the NEC so close was a lifesaver!)

The queueing for the talks, although it was good that Gold/silver/standard had their own place to stand, perhaps it would be possible to put little group numbers up so that the higher your group the closer you were to the door and therefore wont miss your call (i.e. Gold Group 1 near the doors, I think outside the hall is big enough).

The dealers room. There seemed to be less to see than usual. I know for a fact my friend was desperate to buy postcards (she's obsessed!) and she couldnt find any, yet they had deffo been there at both ET1/2.

Having nothing to do between autographs/photoshoots. Perhaps quizes or something that you can work on while waiting?

Other than that I had a fab time and even bought a ticket to ET4 when I was adament I wasnt going :P

Cant wait to see everyone in October!!!!!!

seems like the majority of conventions just have fans asking the questions... put two mics up, on either side of the room, let people queue to ask their questions, that way the guests have control over when they want to move along to another question or even whether they want to answer it in the first place.

Without meaning to offend, the gaps between questions were sooo awkwardly looooong, that the guests were just sat around looking uncomfortable...

Another thought is, not sure if I'm right here and I know it would mean alot more work but at LFACC I'm sure I saw some of the gold pass things with peoples names and photos on them. Maybe doing that just for Gold and Silver passes could work I mean not much point putting them on standard really as its not like a standard is going to swap passes with another standard.

Great minds think alike, had the same idea but didn't think of just doing it for gold and silver.

Great minds think alike, had the same idea but didn't think of just doing it for gold and silver.

I was only thinking gold and silver just because it would take alot of time to do the 600 odd tickets for standard aswell when theres only like 300 silver and gold.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I think that the Guest Encounter board needs to be monitored more frequently, as some people were cruelly crossing out other's people's bids - this happened to one of my friend's who was hoping to get into the Charlie Bewley encounter. I think that people doing that is just a little too mean. And bizarre.

Oh my gosh, that's awful! :P

This happened to me at ET1 with Kellans encounter. Someone had crossed out my original bid so I was glad I double checked. After that I didnt leave the board til they took it down to make sure it didnt happen again! So :P to the person who did that coz I still won my place!!

xxxx

I was only thinking gold and silver just because it would take alot of time to do the 600 odd tickets for standard aswell when theres only like 300 silver and gold.

Yeh, I guessed the reason. It's a good idea, like you said it's not like a standards going to swap with another standard. :)

• Showmasters Admin

ok we have been told about some people behaving badly and not being fair

crossing out my original bid

swopping tags

removing marker pen on there auto slip on the back of the program

we have things we are going to use to stop this as it really is not a nice thing to do, as they are ripping of you the fellow fans and the event and the guest as we pay for each auto to the guest and if they do this they are ripping of the guest and it has to stop

it is really sad off people do this , all i can say if anyone is see doing any of the above the will remove them from the event , and they will be band from all the events we run and they will not be refunded there ticket price as we do not want people like this at any of our events

sorry if i come over upset about this its just because it wrong and damaging to the con

i hope you can also see this to

thanks to the 3 different fans that came up and told us over the weekend you are a star

thanks

jason :YAHOO:

I don't understand why people ask for feedback and then delete it if it's negative?

because the post i remove was from someone i do not feel has the interest of the event at hart at all i have had a privet email which would have shocked you all , and as this person is not attending again i do not see why they would care about giving feed back at all so i removed it and am happy to here fare constructive feedback from people that are planning to attend another event of ours

i hope that clears this up for you

jason :P

What on EARTH was that canteen all about!? I mean seriously, £7 for a plate of pasta and sauce that looked like it had already been masticated and regurgitated back onto the plate. An absolute farse imo.

However, that was my only major grumble. I would definitely recommend having a hotel breakfast sent to your room each morning (only £9.50 per room per day) as it was heavenly not having to go downstairs for a buffet breakfast!!

I thought the Food Court thing was fine. I had a hot dog and wedges for a few quid that was quite nice.

I think from the hotels point of view they could have run it better. They made you pay before you even knew what the pasta sauce was. And the guy dishing up was so busy he let me just help myself to what I wanted.

I've been to all ET's and to prom's I have to say this is the best organised one but not the most enjoyed due to a few things.

Crew

The crew we're awesome well done guys I didn't hear one bad thing that happened with any of them and I didn't experience anything bad. The last events there has been a few problems with some crew but this time I think you guys got the perfect most well experienced crew together.

Hotel

I love the hotel great to have it in birgimham so easy to get to for people. Although I know nothing you guys could do about but it was soooooooooo cold.

Talks

Like it's been point out by other people too many pauses between questions. I know you guys can only go with the questions you are given but surely some of the fans in the crew could think some up as well.

What about getting one of those to be the people to ask the questions I remember Davey did one Q and A one time and he seemed to have a lot of fun.

It might also be a good idea to have the final talks where there is a mic stand and people can go up to the mic and ask a question. So you get a queue and it's not a matter of waiting for the mic to get to a person and having more pauses.

The photo sessions

I only had 3 photos but all we're very well orgainsed Malcome was awesome as normal and my pictures are great.

However my photo with Tinsel is terriable and 90% of the photos I know people had taken in photoshoot b people don't really like.

I don't know what is up with the photographer but she just seems to just stand there doesn't seem to care she might as well have the camera on a tripod as she doesn't seem to do anything but landscape.

Maybe Malcome needs to show her a few tricks.

Autographs

Well orgaisnsed although I was upset I didn't get Christopher's personisted I understand because he was slow the first day but it was kind of gutting when I was advisered to go to Kiowa first as he didn't really have a queue then I went back to Chris later and now had a no personison sign.

Richelle Mead

What a great idea to have a author was lovely to met her and the people on her stall we're just so lovely. Although was a little disappointed and the only 4 books each rule but easy sorted with my friends coming up with me. Sad that we could not get pic with her but understandable due to the fact she was signing next to the other guests.

Other things to do

We could really do with a few other things to do great to see the costumes and other things like this would be great. I think the idea of the chill room will be really good.

Food

I know people went on about the food but it's the hilton food is going to be expesive I managed to find the food court fine I saw the signs but maybe more could have been put out. It was nice idea and more choice would have been great as well.

Guest encounter

I only had 1 and that was with Tinsel she was lovely and I didn't feel any pressure from the crew they gave us the chance to talk.

Parties

I only went to friday and saturday ones but though they we're great the only down side being how dark the room was and also the over use of the smoke machine.

One of the things I liked about Northampton was that small bar near the hall so you could still feel part of the party but it was quiter and the lights we're on. Would there be any chance of maybe spiliting the room a bit so we could have a bit of light and maybe a bar could be in there as well.

Guests

I didn't see any of the guests at the parties maybe due to it being too dark but maybe they could do with a special section for them to chill out but they could still party a bit.

I was very pleantly surprised by Christopher such a nice funny guy. Jamie was awesome as well loved his solo talk. Tinsel so pretty and clever and she was very nice. I was a bit disappointed in Kiowa he's done a lot of con's now and he doesn't seem to want to talk to the fans much. I had 3 things signed and tried to talk to him and his queue was tiny. I don't care if he's young and this is his first film he must have enough experiences with cons to know how to answer questions and talk to fans.

I know there are a lot of Charlie fans but seriously Charlie is now coming across as arrogant as he's trying to take over in the talks.

He was also making fun of a fan in one of the talks and and I heard he was heavy brushing against some fans in photo sessions.

I think it might have been a good idea for Charlie to have a talk for himself I'm sure his fans would have really liked it.

I know some people are going to have a go at me and say oh that's just Charlie but you have to remember he's also a guest meeting fans.

I've been too a lot of events and I've never had a guest be like this.

I doubt you can find an ideal way for everyone, but if it stops people taking advantage at the expense of a couple of people's costumes being accessorised with a wristband then I think it'd be worth it. It's not ideal, as pointed out above, but who knows.

Jess does dancing competitions and they are very strict about the seating due to the amount of spectators so we all get issued with wrist bands (they're made of like papery stuff that you can't rip). They're colour co-ordinated and you have to show them to a few people before you get to your allocated seat.

It does work a treat :P but on saying that I do like the ET passes - they're more interesting and collectable.

I really dislike the wristband idea, purely because I like to keep the tags, but I guess if it were to stop people from swapping =/

Also the rubbing off of the photoshoot marks is easily changed use different paper, but on the program o.0. Although maybe use a biro =/ The problem with the photoshoot one is that when you get it at first it's actually quite easy to rub off, I didn't realize this and accidentally rubbed it off. I didn't take advantage of it and have since added my own mark too it :P but yeah it was quite easy to do especially since I didn't do it deliberately. I was actually going to mention it at the con or afterwards and completely forgot :P

Wow I never knew people were rubbing out there mark on there autographs...how the hell can you even do that :blink:

Ok my feedback...

I LOVED the bits at the parties the bouncy castle and stuff, all awesome brilliant idea! The music although good, didnt need to be repeated in pretty much the same order for 3 nights he was good in the aspect that he played whatever you requested its good to have a DJ that does that for a change. I do also have to agree alot with David's original post about the smoke machine and it being too big/dark. I couldnt see sh*t in that room lol

Venue

Well its a Hilton ITS AWESOME!!! With awesome breakfast and an awesome swimming pool lol No in all seriousness, Ive never been to the Northampton venue so i cant really compare them but at times it did seem a little too big and i did get lost ALOT but i suppose you guys do need the space lol

Talks...not SM fault, but my god they were boring o_O the only decent talk of the weekend was the Jamie one, yes I know I am biased as Ive been bumming him for like the last 6 months but its true it really was the only decent talk I think that does also have to do, not only with the guy asking the questions, but the fact I couldnt hear sh*t. You need to A, get more speakers, and B, stop guests from mumbling/talking behind their hands I was gonna go for a C option of get your sound guy on the case BUT during the Jamie talk I heard EVERYTHING he didnt mumble and spoke properly so I suppose that helps alot. I dont know what im trying to say really but still XD

I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and the only thing i was upset about was not getting to actually approach and speak to Jamie. I suppose you cant force guests to come to the party plus I wouldnt of got near him anyway....blah nevermind I will just have to make sure I take more money next time just wish that wasnt the case :WINCE::WINCE::WINCE:

Yaaaay for ET4 ^_^

Edited by Jacobs_bint

Yaaaay for ET4 :blink:

Yay, you're going to ET4? xD I have to get less shy by then, I only said hi to you once and that's because you said it first :WINCE: I'm such a tool!

And ooh, I agree about Jamie. He was AWESOME. He spoke up and didn't mumble which made it even better, lmao. He was so funny and it was one of my favourite parts of the whole weekend. My stomach actually hurt afterwards from laughing so much :WINCE:

I wouldnt of got near him anyway.

You would've threw yourself on him had he been at the parties :WINCE:

Yay, you're going to ET4? xD I have to get less shy by then, I only said hi to you once and that's because you said it first :blink: I'm such a tool!

Right, ET4, Imma find you, bring you to everyone and be all like YO GUYS! THIS IS AMANDA! EVERYONE SAY HI!