Event Feedback

DavidB

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I think that the Guest Encounter board needs to be monitored more frequently, as some people were cruelly crossing out other's people's bids - this happened to one of my friend's who was hoping to get into the Charlie Bewley encounter. I think that people doing that is just a little too mean. And bizarre.

Oh my gosh, that's awful! :wub:

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I think that the Guest Encounter board needs to be monitored more frequently, as some people were cruelly crossing out other's people's bids - this happened to one of my friend's who was hoping to get into the Charlie Bewley encounter. I think that people doing that is just a little too mean. And bizarre.

That's actually disgusting!

I think that the Guest Encounter board needs to be monitored more frequently, as some people were cruelly crossing out other's people's bids - this happened to one of my friend's who was hoping to get into the Charlie Bewley encounter. I think that people doing that is just a little too mean. And bizarre.

I'll have to stand by the encounter boards at ET4 - this is awful :chair: I don't understand some people ;)

Yeah, it was! She was gutted, especially since she had bid something expensive, and the least highest bid was at least something like £75. :/ she came to the Kiowa one instead, but still!

There was a few really nice people around that were looking at it too, and it just seemed really weird. Can't believe people would do that D:

Edited by imprints

OMFG! just cause THEY can't attend it or up their bid, doesn't mean they should ruin it for other people!

I know, but I actually saw you several times! I was just too shy to say hi, because I was afraid I would embarrass myself if you didn't know who I was.:wub: Sorry about that!

I even spoke to you once. It was when you were checking the vouchers for Kiowas signing. You told me that Tinsel would be there in a couple of minutes and I asked if the empty line was for Kiowa and you corrected my pronunciation of his name :chair: (I never managed to say it right though, no one knew who I was talking about whenever I mentioned his name lmao)

Noooooooooooooooo so we did meet! lol oh dear, you should have just said hi!!!!

I only just got to meet Beth this time too, she said she saw me at Proms, but didnt like to say hi, then again at ET2, but only said hi this time, cos I said "you are beth arent you"

oh no!

It HAS to be next time!!!!!

Yes, you are going to ET4 right? Hopefully I have worked up the courage to say hi by then, I'm too shy for my own good but really wanted to say hi to you this weekend, just couldn't find the courage ;) So next time it is ;)

ok that's just horrible! I can't believe some people have done that!!! I'm glad it didnt happen to me. How can you do that?

Once again, that shows you can't trust anyoe. I'm worried now about ET4...

well i met a loverly group of french girls and i didnt find them rude at all they were really friendly polite girls .little jane and bella were with us .

Im sure there is no animosity towards you and besides that you have just as much right to be there as anyone else ,people come together at these cons because they love twilight and they love meeting up with all their new friends again ,and make lots of new ones at each con.you shouldnt have to appologise for someone elses behavior either .as long as you didnt behave in an appalling manner dont be worrying about what people think of you,im sure some english were just as bad as those french girls .there are good and bad no matter where you live or what language you speak .dont worry about it long as you had a nice time and your coming back for et4 then the uncivilized ones havent achieved anything except make themselves look pathetic xx

Oh It was my friend and I. :)

Little Jane and little Bella was adorable! When we asked Jane to make a wicked grin, she was superb in this role! :D

I just hope you don't put all the French in the same group. All fans have their own reaction in events.

aww was that you? i did give someone my email ad facebook was she with you? do u have facebook? x

Guests

I found the guests really friendly and really enjoyed the talks.

Especially enjoyed meeting Jamie and Christopher - didn't know much about these two apart from them being in New Moon (and Jamie being in HP7) and I'd seen Jamie in Sweeney Todd. I was really impressed by them, they were hilarious in their talks. Was very entertained by them.

I see some people didn't have good experiences with Kiowa, but in my photoshoot and auto signing with him he was friendly and gave me a hug.

Charlie was very friendly also, him and the crew member with him (on Sat) had a joke about my mum being my younger sister! Funny guy.

Venue

I wasn't keen on the Hilton as a venue, I felt it was too big and the event didn't have as much intamicy as that of the Park Inn however I do understand that the event has now outgrown the Park Inn. I also didn't like being able to go off into town like we could in Northampton for food or something to do during breaks... I know the website says " There will be activities each day from the usual guest talks and photograph sessions to quizzes and late night themed parties!!" Maybe quizzes could be incorporated to the event to kill some of the down time?

I was very pleased at being able to have the costume display - very good event!

Things I did like about the hotel were the Twilight food menu but I felt more options could of been put on the menu and I also liked how the party/talk room was a different one to signings meaning the room didn't need to be cleared after signings.

Parties

Some guest hounding again but nowhere near as much as the other two ET's previously, having been to Hallowhedon and having the guests stay all night I do think that the hounding can spoil it for other attendees but myself I'm not so much. I like to see the guests enjoying themselves.

The music was decent overall (everyone has different tastes) but seemed repetitive. I feel that the more group dance music (macarena etc) could be played more later in the evening once everyone has relaxed more.

I didn't like the amount of smoke used, I have throat problems and it meant I couldn't stay very long at the Sunday party. Having said that Sunday looked amazing!

Attendees

Apart from some hounding and some attendees talking during the guest talks (already mentioned) every attendee I did speak to was very friendly. I'm shy so didn't speak to many of you if you do see me please feel free to say hi. :)

Overall this was a very good event and I am looking forward to ET4 and to meet Alex Meraz most of all so far.

Edited by chimmykins

that is horrible. and SO unfair!

The guests should have come down more at the parties

It's really up to the guests though. I think that if maybe there was a VIP area in the future (like at the proms) where they could hang out when they got tired of the fans and the crowding (no matter what, there will always be people crowding the guests :P) it would feel more comfortable for the guesta attending. That may make it easier for them to go down to the party because they can feel more safe if they have somewhere they can go hide if things get too much?

Edited by Mandelina

The guests should have come down more at the parties

It's really up to the guests though. I think that if maybe there was a VIP area in the future (like at the proms) where they could hang out when they got tired of the fans and the crowding (no matter what, there will always be people crowding the guests :P) it would feel more comfortable for the guesta attending. That may make it easier for them to go down to the party because they can feel more safe if they have somewhere they can go hide if things get too much?

I didn't go to proms so I didn't see the VIP area....but that sounds like a good idea!

They had a gold area, and inside the gold area they had a VIP area where just the guests and their friends were allowed to be. And they had put up walls so that no one could see them. I think that was quite nice for them because having nowhere to go except all the way to your room is probably quite scary. I know they have bodyguards, but instead of just leaving whenever they want some time alone, they could have a VIP area. :)

To be fair, the guests might have been there, but people didn't see them because of that damn smoke machine :P

Maybe that's what the smoking machine were for. Hiding the guests :D

This may not be doable, but due to the amount of french people who attend these events could it be possible to have some sort of translation. I can see why people may have got annoyed with the translating in the audience as you can end up missing some things, but at the end of the day its not there fault. And the few French people I spoke too, at least i think they were French I'm not great at placing accents, were pretty good when it came to English and very apologetic when they didn't know a word. I felt a built guilty at this, they really didn't need too apologise.

But yeah anyway you know on the screens would it be possible to get what the guests are saying translating on there, like subtitles like they do in the films. Although I'm guessing this isn't possible and may be a it of a lag. I'm just thinking it may make it a bit more relaxing especially if people aren't very confident with English they don't/wouldn't have to worry about it soo much.

I'm really worried I may have offended a ton of people in here, apologies if I did :P

Edited by xxobsessedxx

Don't worry, you didn't!

I know I don't always understand everything that is being said, in particular the jokes on words and stuff like that, but I don't think translations could be doable: why translating in French and not in Spanish or German or other languages?

I'm sorry if I offend anybody here, but I do think that when you don't understand the language you have two solutions: you don't come to the con, or you just remain quiet even when you don't understand...

Yes, you are going to ET4 right? Hopefully I have worked up the courage to say hi by then, I'm too shy for my own good but really wanted to say hi to you this weekend, just couldn't find the courage :o So next time it is :D

Did I say Hi to you first then? I mean, if you were to shy to go up to Rhi who's like the MOST APPROACHABLE PERSON IN THE WORLDDDDDD! Caps for emphasis :D

I'm sorry if I offend anybody here, but I do think that when you don't understand the language you have two solutions: you don't come to the con, or you just remain quiet even when you don't understand...

I was thinking this but didn't want to say it >.<

Yes, you are going to ET4 right? Hopefully I have worked up the courage to say hi by then, I'm too shy for my own good but really wanted to say hi to you this weekend, just couldn't find the courage :o So next time it is :D

Did I say Hi to you first then? I mean, if you were to shy to go up to Rhi who's like the MOST APPROACHABLE PERSON IN THE WORLDDDDDD! Caps for emphasis :D

Lmao, yes you did. You gave me a hug :o I would have been too shy to be the first to say hi. I don't think I said hi first to anyone all weekend :P