Event Feedback

DavidB

Photo shoots - obv I dont know how much it costs to get done but if ET cons are still gonna carry on then can you not get a 2nd Twilight back drop done for Photo Shoot B? It just looks odd having some pix with the Twilight background and the others not and tbh they dont look as good without.

I agree - the photos just look a lot nicer on the lighter background, and more professional too.

I dont think you can say anything about Malcolms photos not being professional regardless of backgrounds.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and just quickly has anyone not been well? Just I was making a sausage butty for my friend who was a bit hungover and missed brekkie and when I cut open the sausages they were undercooked.

I cut open bout half a dozen and none of them were cooked through. I'm a veggie so I've been ok but just wondered if it had affected anyone and as this is the feedback I though this was the right place to do so x.

I didnt eat my sausages at breakfast on Monday Morning as they were pink in the centre, but didnt arrive to breakfast til 10:20 so was incredibly rushed and forgot to mention it to the staff

They were fine the other days

ps I hope that non-British people don't feel that they have to apologise for being French, Spanish, whatover.

They have as much right to be at the con as anyone.

Would the americans complain if people from Britain went to their cons?

I enjoy meeting people from..........where ever! :(

Edited by Rhianydd

Photo shoots - obv I dont know how much it costs to get done but if ET cons are still gonna carry on then can you not get a 2nd Twilight back drop done for Photo Shoot B? It just looks odd having some pix with the Twilight background and the others not and tbh they dont look as good without.

I agree - the photos just look a lot nicer on the lighter background, and more professional too.

I dont think you can say anything about Malcolms photos not being professional regardless of backgrounds.

I don't think Malcolm was the photographer for the blue background - he wasn't for us anyway.

I don't think Malcolm was the photographer for the blue background - he wasn't for us anyway.

No - it was a girl taking the photos with the blue background.

The guy (who I can assume was Malcolm) was a great photographer.

Would it be possible to have the signs for the Silver seats like you do for the Golds? I noticed some Standards sneaking like ninjas a row forward, which I thought was cheeky!

Silvers do not get reserved seating, so the us standards were not being cheeky at all :)

Was there any tickets that had "ability to go and sit with the golds even though you don't have a gold ticket"? No? Weird ..

Exactly David! I was sitting behind the last row of golds for every talk and I spotted standards sitting infront of me. That is what I thought was was "sneaking like ninjas"!

You said that standards were sitting in silver & as there wasn't a silver, thats what I meant about them not being cheeky. I know of some silvers that were in gold as well as standards - those were definitely cheeky, but I have to say hardly any crew were around checking their passes :\

I didnt eat my sausages at breakfast on Monday Morning as they were pink in the centre, but didnt arrive to breakfast til 10:20 so was incredibly rushed and forgot to mention it to the staff

They were fine the other days

ps I hope that non-British people don't feel that they have to apologise for being French, Spanish, whatover.

They have as much right to be at the con as anyone.

Would the americans complain if people from Britain went to their cons?

I enjoy meeting people from..........where ever! :(

i dont think anyone is saying that other nationalites are not welcome, people are saying there was too much noise in talks. and it just seems that those who were around groups making noise, some of those were those speaking french. I met some lovely french girls on the way to the hotel and wud hate to think they now feel unwelcome :P

People wouldnt be happy with noise regardless of who it was from, i think it has just been more obvious as people cudnt understand the conversations that were making the noise.

If people HAVE to talk then atleast try be quiet about it, again it really doesnt matter who is talking or in what tongue, people just need to be considerate of the other atendees.

no, my response was to the french/spanish that had expressed horror that they are possibly being categorised under one group just for speaking a certain language.

I am not intending any offence to anybody, just that I want people to put themselves in other peoples position. To someone not from Britain, it certainly does look like other nationalities are being bundled together, but I do think that is the uselessness of the written word that can be taken the wrong way. We have seen that before. It can cause offence without meaning to.

Just for people to be careful what they write in case it can cause offence in some way. This is just for event feedback that Mark and Jason can pull information from as they are always looking for ways to better an already fantastic system.

It doesnt matter where someone is from, if they make un-necessary noise, it is rude when people are trying to listen.

Think how often you could be asked to repeat something for a friend that couldnt hear, the majority of us would whisper it, but there are some inconsiderate others that would speak in a loud voice while the guests were talking.

For the most part, it would seem that lots of us made new friends from all over Europe which is fantastic, to come together and share a love of a film/genre, and be able to party together too. Fantastic! :(

**Edit** Perhaps the main issue is just simply noise and sitting in the incorrect place for the talks.

So somehow numbering the chairs, and asking for quiet every now and then is all that is needed, regardless of who is sitting in the wrong chair, or making the noise.

Edited by Rhianydd

I hope I personally didn't offend anybody, I just felt it was an easier way to say what I felt personally. Such as, if they had been English girls, I would have said "the English girls in front of me were really irritating," This was definitely not meant as a direct hit on anbody who was French, when it most likely wasn't you who was making the excessive noise. :)

I feel slightly gutted that some people percieved Kiowa as disappointing, as you have to remember he is 19, and one of the youngest children (out of 7 as we were told) and therefore he is probably not use to all of the startling questions, stares and expectations. I understand how people could have seen him in that light, but I can assure you he's not. <_<

Yeah, I'm a Veg too, and I found it slightly upsetting that the more safe things to eat were the Pasta and Wedges.

I think everything was great. The hotel was big, yes, but I liked it that way because it would have felt so crowded if 900 people were sharing a smaller space than we did now. It felt really good to be able to move without walking into someone, you know. :D

Even though I haven't attended an Eternal Twilight event before, I could tell that you guys had improved some stuff. An example was the Twilight menu you could eat from, with much better prices than in the rest of the hotel, and this was really good since I had been a bit worried about spending too much money on food since the hotel seemed to be located in the middle of nowhere if you didn't have a car ^_^ So that was actually great. And I know some people have complained about being bored when not having photoshoots and stuff before, but there was stuff to do all the time this time around so I barely found the time to even think about doing something else. This shows that you really do listen to what people say when they are giving you guys feedback and that is really good to know and really great :) Oh, and also...I liked the special drink menu with cheaper drinks like Jane's pain. I loved that drink lmao xD

Jamie was an amazing guest. His talk was the funniest I've ever attended and that he managed to make everyone laugh for 45 minutes straight without a pause, all by himself, was really impressive. Please bring him back for ET4 :] He was such a nice guy and really down to earth. Wow is all I can say.

On another note, someone said that foreign people should have their own seating area in the talks and I'm sorry but I think that it would be a very bad idea. I can understand that it can be annoying if people around you are talking during the talks but that have nothing to do with what country you're from. There are always people like that, and the best thing to do is to tell them to be quiet or tell the crew if they don't listen. Don't you think that foreigns would feel like outsiders if they were forced to a special area? I know I would feel like an idiot if I had to do that and I would probably feel like I wasn't welcomed to the event.

Edited by Mandelina

here is my quick list review:

1- would it have killed the hilton to turn it from air con to heating, i went home with cold!

2- I did like the fact that the signing room didn't have to be cleared for talks ect

3- the clothes and richelle were really cool extras and made the waiting for autos and photos easier :)

4- jamie is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5- I don't know if people realise this but i asked Kiowa if it was his first convention at the drinks reception cos i thought that was why he was acting so shy adn he said no it was his 12th- i'm sorry but i don't care how young he is, he was getting paid and had 11 other con experiences to draw from- he actually yawned during the Q & A like we were boring him, he knew what to expect- he was just rude.

6- the ME staff seemed way more relaxed and were really nice- and shout out to wine girl from the drink reception, your awesome!!!!

I dont think the person who mentioned the seperate seating area was being discriminative more trying to providea solution to what attendees were saying earlier.

Basically those who were sat by other nationalities were complaining that they couldnt hear the talk due to them chatting. As a couple of people since then have pointed out they were actually translating for others who could not speak as fluently as them, which is fair play.

So the suggestion was to help both Brits and other nationalities out.

I was sat in front of French and English who chatted throughout the talks for what ever reason. I can say it does ruin your enjoyment of the talk especially when the guests are as shy and quiet as Kiowa was.

On another note, someone said that foreign people should have their own seating area in the talks and I'm sorry but I think that it would be a very bad idea. I can understand that it can be annoying if people around you are talking during the talks but that have nothing to do with what country you're from. There are always people like that, and the best thing to do is to tell them to be quiet or tell the crew if they don't listen. Don't you think that foreigns would feel like outsiders if they were forced to a special area? I know I would feel like an idiot if I had to do that and I would probably feel like I wasn't welcomed to the event.

Sorry that was me :P

but I didnt mean it to put anyone on their own to one side, it was so that you could talk and translate without anyone getting cross.................not to separate anyone.

Forget I said it, sorry x

No worries, Rhi. Just think I would feel like I was from another planet or something if I had to sit in a special area because of where I'm from. :P

But don't get me wrong, if people have to translate for each other during the talks, I do think that it would be a good idea to let them sit somewhere where they wouldn't disturb someone else because I think it's rude to disturb everyone else because you don't speak the language. But it should be an opition in that case, and not an demand. It's the same thing there, the same rules should apply for everyone so just as people from other countries shouldn't have to sit in a special area, foreigns shouldn't have the right to disturb others because they need extra help with the language either. ;)

Edited by Mandelina

No worries, Rhi. Just think I would feel like I was from another planet or something if I had to sit in a special area because of where I'm from. :blink:

But don't get me wrong, if people have to translate for each other during the talks, I do think that it would be a good idea to let them sit somewhere where they wouldn't disturb someone else because I think it's rude to disturb everyone else because you don't speak the language. But it should be an opition in that case, and not an demand. It's the same thing there, the same rules should apply for everyone so just as people from other countries shouldn't have to sit in a special area, foreigns shouldn't have the right to disturb others because they need extra help with the language either. :WINCE:

definitely! that is what I meant, you just explained it better. I really didnt mean segregation would be required, or I would have to be put in a separate area for laughing too loud too! lol :rolleyes: sorry if I caused offence

Its a shame there cant be those headphone thingies, cos if there were 200 french, then it would certainly be worth having someone speaking into a system whereby anyone wearing the headphones would get a translation. Like they have in the summits. 200 attendees from France alone, is a very large percentage, and therefore very important group of attendees

I expect they are really expensive though!!!

I dont think we will ever find a solution to everything, people just need to be considerate to each other and thats all really

I dont think I got to meet you this time either :(

Yes it should be an option not a demand and I am more than sure those people who were translating never meant to disturb others as they were trying to help someone and never realised the impact they were having.

I am also sure if they were given the option then they would probably take ME up on it.

But I must stress it wasnt just other nationalities that were chatting there where English too, ok someone may be genuinely unable to hear the answer to a question and their friend filled them in but to have a full blown conversation is disrespectful to the guests and attendees and very rude.

I think everything was brilliant! there wasn't one guest that I didn't like, and I thought they were all lovely!

The only thing I would say is being more strict on the seat saving rule.... If silver people are having to sit at the back then i think something should be said, I will be going silver to ET4 and I think that I would be too scared to talk to a member of staff, although if it came down to it I would.

And when there was a two hour gap some people were moving peoples belongings to sit in their seats which is just mean!

Bring Jamie and Kiowa back pllllleeeeeaaaaassssee!

definitely! that is what I meant, you just explained it better. I really didnt mean segregation would be required, or I would have to be put in a separate area for laughing too loud too! lol :rolleyes: sorry if I caused offence

Its a shame there cant be those headphone thingies, cos if there were 200 french, then it would certainly be worth having someone speaking into a system whereby anyone wearing the headphones would get a translation. Like they have in the summits. 200 attendees from France alone, is a very large percentage, and therefore very important group of attendees

I expect they are really expensive though!!!

I dont think we will ever find a solution to everything, people just need to be considerate to each other and thats all really

I dont think I got to meet you this time either :(

No offence taken at all :) I think it's a good idea, as long as it is optional. Over 200 people attending just from France is amazing and I doubt it that other events have as much foreign attendens as ET have. So it's something to really think about in the future to make it good for everyone, although as you say, it's impossible to find a solution for everything.

I know, but I actually saw you several times! I was just too shy to say hi, because I was afraid I would embarrass myself if you didn't know who I was. :blink: Sorry about that!

I even spoke to you once. It was when you were checking the vouchers for Kiowas signing. You told me that Tinsel would be there in a couple of minutes and I asked if the empty line was for Kiowa and you corrected my pronunciation of his name :WINCE: (I never managed to say it right though, no one knew who I was talking about whenever I mentioned his name lmao)

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I think that the Guest Encounter board needs to be monitored more frequently, as some people were cruelly crossing out other's people's bids - this happened to one of my friend's who was hoping to get into the Charlie Bewley encounter. I think that people doing that is just a little too mean. And bizarre.

I know, but I actually saw you several times! I was just too shy to say hi, because I was afraid I would embarrass myself if you didn't know who I was.:rolleyes: Sorry about that!

I even spoke to you once. It was when you were checking the vouchers for Kiowas signing. You told me that Tinsel would be there in a couple of minutes and I asked if the empty line was for Kiowa and you corrected my pronunciation of his name :blink: (I never managed to say it right though, no one knew who I was talking about whenever I mentioned his name lmao)

Noooooooooooooooo so we did meet! lol oh dear, you should have just said hi!!!!

I only just got to meet Beth this time too, she said she saw me at Proms, but didnt like to say hi, then again at ET2, but only said hi this time, cos I said "you are beth arent you"

oh no!

It HAS to be next time!!!!!

Quick comment about the whole charlie treating it more like a job, I had a chance to speak to his dad for a long time and he said that it's tiring Charlie out cus he's doing so many, he still enjoys doing them but he'd done one last weekend, then et3 AND is doing one next weekend, it must be murder, he was shattered sunday night and had to be up early to dash down to london. Poor guy :rolleyes:

Quick comment about the whole charlie treating it more like a job, I had a chance to speak to his dad for a long time and he said that it's tiring Charlie out cus he's doing so many, he still enjoys doing them but he'd done one last weekend, then et3 AND is doing one next weekend, it must be murder, he was shattered sunday night and had to be up early to dash down to london. Poor guy :wub:

I will own up to it being me who said I thought it had become more of a job to him. It wasnt exactly the right word but I wasnt sure how I wanted to phrase what it was I think.

To be fair to Charlie he does do a fantastic job of making sure everyone is happy and he does work very hard. I was thinking that its sort of like when you first start a new job and you jump in with both feet but very quickly adapt to the pace and routine and before you know it you aort of work on autopilot at times. Its human nature to do so.

Wasnt a criticism of him but more of a logical reason as to why he wasn't conga'ing this time.