Event Feedback

DavidB

Richelle Mead

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR HER APPEARENCE. she was sooo lovely and I'm a huge fans of her books so to have her as a bonus guest was too amazing. I really think that more authors should appear or maybe book publishers should be encouraged to have stalls in the dealers room like the Puffin/VA stall. more books and activities like the name spinner thing. I was defo a highlight! I know it was part luck that Richelle was coming over to the UK to do a quick tour but doesn't hurt to ask I guess or for publishers to just send some freebies or book samples like the Beautiful Creatures and VA ones.

More publishers definitely want to go!

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one thing i didnt like. I just sat there with no idea what was going on when the guests and attendee's spoke in french. I have nothing against them being there, it was just the fact that half the people have no idea whats going on :/ and in one talk we had some foreign people sitting behind us talking all the way through in their language and it got a tad annoying :/

i had a group of people behind me who answered their phone during Kiowa and Tinsel's talk on the sat. The proceeded to talk quite loudly in their native tongue for at least 5 mins then decided to tell the rest of their group what was being said in her conversation....with Kiowa being quite quiet anyway me and my friend missed half of what he said! I think people need to respect other people and the guests and i definatly think there should be an announcement about not using phones during a talk!

Thats what i mean about people being inconsiderate :/ theyve come here to the con but dont listen, talk and spoil it for others :/ i know its not everyone, and i really dont like making it sound its everyone but it really got on my nerves :/

Was there any tickets that had "ability to go and sit with the golds even though you don't have a gold ticket"? No? Weird ..

lol some people seemed to think so...............weird lol

99% of the attendees are absolutely awesome and really make the con, thats a big reason why I go :D

always sad there are the odd few that dont want to play the game

Yea im not saying all the non british people were rude just a tiny tiny percentage and obviously there is nothing ME/SM can do except keep telling poeple the rules...though we arent children and they really shouldnt have to!!! The only thing i think ME/SM need to add to their talk rules is No phones on during the talks as i noticed that Tinsel was distracted a few times by phones going off as well as it being rude to other guests......im gonna stop ranting on now because although it was irritating i still thoroughly enjoyed myself and most of the attendee's were pleasant and friendly and have already bought my tickets for ET4!!!! :(

in the guest encounters they were speaking french too which i actually didn't mind too much... because tbh the french paid as well... and i don't mind the odd bit of french because even though it is a UK con, they're still coming to it and it is nice to feel involved...i just think in return they shouldn't mob the guests....that isn't how the UK work... though tbf i know it wasn't ALL french... but i think the majority of it was...

Yeahh i dont mind the odd bit of french, they have paid but i mean i'm talking about the ones that didnt speak much english at all and didnt even try speaking english. The ones that tried to speak english were actually really nice and i spoke to them about france and stuff :( but some were really snobby as if they owned the place.

put it this way....

if there was a con in france... i would NOT go to it if i couldn't string many sentences together... because it would be kinda pointless tbh wouldn't it? is that what you mean? lol

oh and it was ace to finally meet you lilz! see! told you you were pretty :)

I don't mind if your french, german, russian or from pluto. you pay to come and that's fair enough. I even din't mind too much when the guests spoke a little french too even though I wished they translated a bit so we got the joke. lol. what did annoy me was during alot of the Sunday talks there was a large row of French girls in front of me that proceed to talk to each other while the guests were talking, sat in between seats so they were in the direct eye line of everyone one behind them and kept shouting out french at random moments and at one point sing a bit to get the french speaking guests attention WHILE THEY WERE TALKING.

i know there were english people shouting things too and it's not the audience shout outs that bother but it's just rude when someone is talking and others are trying to listen; French or not.

I did like the mix of people from all over Europe and further away but it's about being polite more than anything else. just my 2 cents

Ok, here is my feedback. Bear in m ind it was my first ET event.

Venue: convenient as it was very close to the train station/airport.

it was quite cold (not in my room or swimming pool :( ) and the prices for food were very expensive.

after reading the posts, I understant the need of a big venue but I got lost sometimes. Some signs or a map would have been useful.

Guests:

THE guest for me was Jamie since I saw him in Sweeney Todd. I really wanted to meet him and he was so lovely, charming and funny.

Chris was a very good surprise, friendly and funny. very nice guest.

Kinsel was lovely, a pleasure to meet.

Charlie was being Charlie.

Kiowa: not impressed as he seemed to ignore me everytime I was seeing me: reception, autograph (not even looking at me), photoshoot (again, not a word or a look)...

Richelle Mead: very good idea to have a writer, she was nice.

Guest encounter: : I had two and I enjoyed them. Really nice to be a small group and it was friendly and we had some interesting conversation. I prefered them to the Gold reception. Hope there will be guest encounters again for ET4.

Crew: : nice and helpful.

The event went quite smoothly and it was well organised except for few things, here are my negative points:

- hotel/ME: Sunday after checking out and no room for storing suitcases etc... Sorry, this was ridicilous in such a big place. How could nobody have predicted this?!

The worst that I couldn't enter the room for Jamie's talk because I had a suitcase. I understand the safety rules but how come nobody thought of hundreads of people checking out before midday and in need to store their stuff?!

When I finally managed to go to the talk room, I wasn't allowed to sit a the front (I asked a crew person showing my Gold ticket and wasn't allowed to sit in the front row as my Gold number was high). Everybody else had a seat so I ended up with "standard" and not a good seat when I paid for a Gold pass! For the talks, Sunday afternoon, a lot of people didn't keep their seats from the morning. Again, I didn't end up with a good seat even though I had a Gold pass. I'm really unhappy with this. I think the seating for the talks need to changed. The seat numbers could be a good idea so you don't need to "save" a seat etc... not easy if you are on your own and for example you need to leave for a couple of minutes. That's worrying me after reading messages about people moving other person's stuff.

- the bidding/raffle for guest encounter. On Saturday, there was a first talk so people need to wait and entered the room in order to get a seat. Once inside, I asked a crew member how to find out about the raffle/biddings. He didn't know so he kindly went to ask somebody else. He said to me that it would be announced at the beginning of the talk. The talk started and no announcement. I didn't win (raffle ticket) but would have been really annoyed if I missed the guest encounter. Again, if you are on your own and need a seat AND check for guest encounter. Can't it be an announcement at the start of the talks?

-Gold reception: we were too many at the table so not everybody could fit arund it so couldn't hear all the guests or talk to them actually. A big thank to the person with Jamie who made sure we all have a chance to speak to him.

My friend suggested: why not doing two reception so Gold are divided into two (one Friday ad the other one on Saturday) and less people for the guests

There are my main three negative points.

Also: auction: I thought we would be able to see the item auctionned ealier. Some items on stage haven't been put on for selling during the auction.

party: well done to people who dressed up...

shame for Chris being surrounded by people on Saturday evening. It would have been nice if the guests would have walked around.

I seem to hear the same songs both evenings.

I had a good time and it was a pleasure to meet Jamie, Chris, Tinsel... and it went smoothly and was very well organised for autographs, photoshoots...

I wrote a lot so I will come back another time about the French people as attendees...

Yea im not saying all the non british people were rude just a tiny tiny percentage and obviously there is nothing ME/SM can do except keep telling poeple the rules...though we arent children and they really shouldnt have to!!! The only thing i think ME/SM need to add to their talk rules is No phones on during the talks as i noticed that Tinsel was distracted a few times by phones going off as well as it being rude to other guests......im gonna stop ranting on now because although it was irritating i still thoroughly enjoyed myself and most of the attendee's were pleasant and friendly and have already bought my tickets for ET4!!!! :D

True, Us British can be rude too lol :(

phones are a real nuisance, but in 900 people, you only need 1 person to have forgotten to switch to silent for it to disturb

glad you enjoyed the con :( I did too :(

in the guest encounters they were speaking french too which i actually didn't mind too much... because tbh the french paid as well... and i don't mind the odd bit of french because even though it is a UK con, they're still coming to it and it is nice to feel involved...i just think in return they shouldn't mob the guests....that isn't how the UK work... though tbf i know it wasn't ALL french... but i think the majority of it was...

Yeahh i dont mind the odd bit of french, they have paid but i mean i'm talking about the ones that didnt speak much english at all and didnt even try speaking english. The ones that tried to speak english were actually really nice and i spoke to them about france and stuff :( but some were really snobby as if they owned the place.

put it this way....

if there was a con in france... i would NOT go to it if i couldn't string many sentences together... because it would be kinda pointless tbh wouldn't it? is that what you mean? lol

oh and it was ace to finally meet you lilz! see! told you you were pretty :)

I don't mind if your french, german, russian or from pluto. you pay to come and that's fair enough. I even din't mind too much when the guests spoke a little french too even though I wished they translated a bit so we got the joke. lol. what did annoy me was during alot of the Sunday talks there was a large row of French girls in front of me that proceed to talk to each other while the guests were talking, sat in between seats so they were in the direct eye line of everyone one behind them and kept shouting out french at random moments and at one point sing a bit to get the french speaking guests attention WHILE THEY WERE TALKING.

i know there were english people shouting things too and it's not the audience shout outs that bother but it's just rude when someone is talking and others are trying to listen; French or not.

I did like the mix of people from all over Europe and further away but it's about being polite more than anything else. just my 2 cents

Charlie said in that first talk something like "f*ck you, motherf*cker" because it was the best thing he knew in french to get a reaction outa the crowd

Firstly what an awesome weekend. Thanks so much to everyone involved behind the scenes and to all the lovely attendees too, was lovely to meet lots of you :)

Really kinda awesome things:

Hotel - free shuttle service to the train station, especially when you had as much baggage as me!

Hotel - lovely room, friendly staff.... especially the bar supervisor on the last night. I asked if I could borrow their corkscrew to open a bottle of wine I had, it had been leant out to room service, so he swapped my £4 bottle of wine for one of the £24.50 screwtop wines they had on the menu!!

Hotel - the lift magique! (The lift we kept sharing with the guests, who were staying down the corridor from us)

Parties - great themes and decorations

Jamie & Christopher :)

Rubbish things:

Lack of staff during check in time, and rooms not being ready meaning people were having to re-queue

Couldn't find any signposting from reception on the first day directing to registration

Distance to talk/party room from bedrooms

I wasn't a fan of the photoshoots and autographs being so early in the morning. I'd rather the talks were in the morning and the time when you're going to have your photos taken be a bit later in the day when the hangover has worn off I can understand you need to allow time to get them printed, but late night parties and early mornings don't mix

Smoke machine in party. Didn't affect my asthma, but it did spoil any photos taken with a flash

Party finishing so early on Sunday night.... why??

People in audience talking and shouting out during talks. We're there to hear the *guests* talk, not you!

Crowding of the guests at the parties. Seriously guys!! Charlie is NOT the Pied Piper, whyyyyy was that group following him wherever he went? No wonder they only stayed for 5 minutes. How would you like it if you just got crowded and couldn't move?

The difference in quality between the 2 photographers. I'm so so disappointed with my Tinsel and Christopher photos :unsure: (both taken by the same photographer), they've been taken landscape rather than portrait, have lots of empty space & you can't even tell what I'm wearing, expressions are not great etc.... I was a photographer for 7 years, and I would never have dreamed of taking a photo like either of these. I *know* that they have to get the photos taken as quickly as possible, but seems that the priority is taking a photo where the subject has their eyes open - not whether they actually look nice. £10 for a photograph is not cheap - and it's really expensive when you don't want to show it to anyone. Gutted. I would have had these 2 retaken and requested that they were taken portrait but because I was standard, there were no more shoots taking place. (The man in the other room however it seems CAN take a photo.)

This was my first Eternal convention (not my first Twilight Con though, I was at Twilight Prom in Brum) , and I had an awesome weekend, I want to thank everybody who helped make these three days so amazing! So here is my feedback:

Guests

Christopher: He was the big surprise of this weekend. He was really friendly and funny, and I think we all could feel that he enjoyed very much being with us. I had a guest encounter with him and listening to him was very interesting.

Jamie: Thank you ME for bringing him! He was quite a wonderful guest. I laughed so much during his talk, I would have never thought that he could make a talk so interesting all by himself, but he did!

Charlie: To be honest, I preffered him at Twilight Prom, it was his first con and he was much more involved than he is now. But I guess it can be understandable as he's now used to doing conventions. Other than that, I like how he always makes funny faces during the photoshoots.

Tinsel: she's really sweet, not as outgoing as Jamie or Chris but still, I really enjoyed meeting her.

Kiowa: he was a little bit shy but he relaxed toward the end of the weekend. I had the opportunity to talk to him for a few minutes and he told me that he was really tired.

Venue

I don't know the hotel in Northampton so I can't compare, but my biggest complain would be the air-conditioning system. It was freezing!!! Please do something for ET4 as it was really horrible to be cold all the time! It's also a bit far from... well... everything. There is no restaurant nearby so our only options are either the hotel restaurant (which is, as a few people pointed out a bit expensive) or the food court (I took a burger over there, it was actually a piece of meat between two slices of bread and a slice of cold cheese, and the potatoes were cold as well) Other than that, I didn't feel that the hotel was too big, it was nice not being too crowded and the prices of the room compared to their comfort was fair. I loved the breakfast!!

Parties

I had so much fun during the parties!! Some costumes were incredible! ( I loved little Jane and Bella, I saw them dancing with a werewolf, they were so cute!) Unfortunately, we didn't see much of the guests, but that is quite understandable as when they were there they were crowded by a bunch of girls who only wanted to take pictures. I didn't approach them as they must have felt already suffocated by the crowd.

Attendees

well... I am french. I just read the five pages and honestly I feel quite ashamed to see that some of my compatriots acted so rudely. But please don't think that all the french people acted this way, because I can assure you that it is a minority (I think I know who you are talking about, and don't think that they do that only because you are british because they act exactly the same way with the french people). Some people are rude and arrogant, that's a fact. A girl walked on my friend's petticoat and ripped it off, she didn't apologize, she just laughed and walked away. She was british, but it didn't matter for us, she could have been french or german, the only important thing was that she was very rude and naughty. What I mean by telling this story is that there are uncivilized people everywhere. As for the girls who were speaking during the talks, well I plead guilty. I was translating to my friend what the guests were saying, but I was whispering so I honestly don't think I disturbed anybody around. As for the person who said that french girls shouldn't attend english conventions because they don't speak english, don't you think that's a bit harsh???? My friend is a huge Twilight fan who is not fluent in english, and coming to this convention is one of her only opportunity to meet the actors and be able to spend three days living her passion entirely. Yes it's a shame but unfortunately we don't have Massive Events in France, but until now we didn't care to come to England to attend these events, as we both like the english culture, so it was an opportunity for us to live our passion and come here all in the same time. As for the little french that was spoken during the talk, what's the big deal? It was not as if they were speaking french all the time and it really pleased some of us who were happy to hear them speaking in french. Anyway nothing important was said, Chris was just imitating different french accents and Charlie was saying french insults, that's all. We just bought our tickets for ET4, but honestly, after reading what some people think, I start to wonder if there is not an animosity toward the french... I really hope that I'm wrong... I didn't speak to a lot of english people because I kept sticking with my friends and I admit that I am a bit shy. Now I start to regret it, cause I would have loved to show you that not all the french people are like these girls. And if you see me at ET4, don't hesitate to come speak to me, I'd love to meet new acquaintances!

we ask all the fans to put in questions but we do not get many for you all , if you put in more questions we will ask them as long as they are good .

we do take out the ones that are not reel questions more can this person give you a kiss or i love you etc which is around 70% of what we get given , so if you feel the questions are not good then PLEASE give us some good ones and we will ask them .

jason :unsure:

Please don't think what I was saying was a criticism or anything, it just sometimes felt like there was gaps between the questions? I don't know how to explain it, awkward silences? This was actually my favourite convention.

BUT I know for myself being a hugeeeee charlie fan I put six questions in the box on the day all of which were based on BG knowledge of him and not one of them got answered. I know only a certain amount of questions can be asked but when there's the long gaps it just feels a wee bit of a waste

I just wanna say for the people saying about charlie being so different at the proms there was like SIX HUNDRED less people :| that's a lot more people and a lot less time for him to be as personal, I'm also sure it was charlie who bought three of his t-shirts in and and gave them to the audience and came to say bye on saturday night

*sigh*

Venue -

I love the venue, the only downside this con was the temperature, once I knew it was in the Monarch suite, i used that and not the main entrance and everything was easy enough to find.

Kudos to whoever organised the foodcourt for us, a lot more reasonably priced and we met some great people sitting at our table, hotel staff a little overwhelmed at times with the sheer volume of customers.

Guests -

Loved them all, am hoping that Kiowas confidence grows the more cons he does, he was a bit hard to understand sometimes with his mumbling, Chris was fantastic and a natural people person, Jamie was brilliant and so open and funny, all in all a very good variety of personalities.

John Henson - loved him and would love him as an extra for future cons.

Staff - Excellent as usual, Alli and the 2 ladies on the reception desk were really helpful, crew throughout the weekend were brilliant and special kudos to Mary, it doesn't matter what problem anyone has that woman can solve it!! AND do it with a smile!

Party themes -

All good, not a great deal of variety with the music but what was played worked well, I didn't see the dance floor empty on the Friday and Saturday nights at all. Smoke machine was a killjoy, couldn't breathe at one point or see more than 5 feet in front of my face it was so thick :unsure:

The talks -

Thanks to the ignorant rude mofo's that stood at the entrance doors talking loudly to each other showing zero consideration for anyone else whilst the guests were talking on Sat afternoon - you suck!

Everything else - great!

• Moderators

People will always have differing opinions of the guests, and we'll always have our personal favourites.

You don't need to feel like you need to defend anyone. You should just enjoy your own personal experiences and share those with people :unsure:

People will always have differing opinions of the guests, and we'll always have our personal favourites.

You don't need to feel like you need to defend anyone. You should just enjoy your own personal experiences and share those with people :D

LOL I know I just dunno it's not nice to see such a nice person make such a bad impression :unsure:

• Moderators

LOL I know I just dunno it's not nice to see such a nice person make such a bad impression :unsure:

He's not the first to be fair. Some people found Peter off at LFCC after everyone said how brilliant he was at ET1, but circumstances are different etc like you say. I'm sure loads will meet him at ET4 and have a proper chance to see him, so maybe others will meet Charlie in the future and re-evaluate :D

But then hey, the same happened when I tried to get the shuttle bus from the station to the event and people pushed in.

I guess some people are going to be inconsiderate and selfish no matter what.

LOL!!! So true.

Just a few feedback points from me.

Gold pass reception - like it better with the tables so the guests have like a sold point of reference to go to to make sure no group is missed and the groups were smaller than ET2 which was good.

However, the room was too small for the amount of people. With all the chatter going on all at the same time I couldnt even hear what someone was saying next to me. The same room was used for Chevron 4 and it worked alot better as there was less people. I know it's probs down to what rooms the hotel has available but every time at every con I go to the gold reception is never quite right!

I know other organisers versions of it last for much much longer into the evening and theres no real time constraint and everyone is sat round big tables so everyone can see and hear. I've only heard good things about the way these turn out so would love to see our gold receptions done in the same way to see how it goes.

Hotel - I've got used to the Hilton now but it is waaayy too expensive and you do get the impression from the staff sometimes that they dont value you as guests as much as they do the high flying business people. I had issues with my room but didnt really have time to sort it out. Didnt like being in the back end of the hotel above like the reg desk etc. It was like the part of the hotel they havent bothered to upgrade yet!

I'm def Team Park Inn as it's just got that personal feel to it but obv it cant accomodate the rising numbers of attendees.

Smoke machine - used way too much. Most of my party pix are just too smokey too look any good.

Photo shoots - obv I dont know how much it costs to get done but if ET cons are still gonna carry on then can you not get a 2nd Twilight back drop done for Photo Shoot B? It just looks odd having some pix with the Twilight background and the others not and tbh they dont look as good without.

Talk questions - I understand you go by what questions are submitted for each individual con but, seriously!! The amount of cons that have happened now, was it not possible to keep a database of all questions that have been asked from the start of the first Heroes con til now? The amount of cracking questions you would have to chose from would be amazing. Plus a little guest research would go down well. It's like Paul knows nothing about who he's talking to which sometimes is just embarassing. Blaming the people who submit the questions all the time is not gonna cut it!

Guests at the parties - anyone who crowded them and followed them around all night has themselves to blame for them not staying. I mean, on Saturday it looked like something interesting was going on outside so we went to have a look but it was just Charlie standing there completely surrounded. We just went back inside rolling our eyes tbh. If the guests are given space then it does work out. I've seen it at past cons for other shows. It doesnt mean you cant approach them at all but the following around and hogging is ridiculous. They're just normal people.

Richelle Mead - LOVED that she came and was awesome to meet her. Just very disappointed that couldnt have a photo with her (even tho some ppl at the front of her queue did). I know that was a misundertanding due to time constraints and the auto room being a no photo zone but would have really liked there to be another opportunity, maybe in the dealers room, for her to do pix. I'm sure she didnt have time but it was a disappointment.

Okaayy, so that was an essay in the end!!

Had an awesome weekend all in all. Thoroughly enjoyed doing Alice cosplay on Friday at the party so am def looking at other outfits I can do.

Photos and autos went smoothly as usual. Even tho Chris wasnt doing personalisations he still personalised two of my books without me asking so was really chuffed about that. He was obv doing it anyway if he had the time or could see that the rest of your item was also personalised.

High point for me was the snow!! Made my weekend haha! Apart from me getting so carried away walking around in it that I missed the start of Jamies talk!

xxxxx

okay , heres my suggestion for the seat numbering/reserving for next talk.

I reckon it would be really tricky with stickers cos the chairs are moved daily for the evening parties,

so...............

How about everyone is given a ribbon and asked to write their pass number on it

then when the hall is loaded in the morning, the tie their ribbon round the handle at the top of the chair.

At the end of the day, they remove their own ribbon and take it for the following day

and repeat the same for the sunday

That way, there are no stickers stuck to the chairs, and all attendees would be responsible for the ribbons

cos there is no way there would be time for crew to cut all the ribbons off when stacking the chairs on the sunday for the sunday party.

He's not the first to be fair. Some people found Peter off at LFCC after everyone said how brilliant he was at ET1, but circumstances are different etc like you say. I'm sure loads will meet him at ET4 and have a proper chance to see him, so maybe others will meet Charlie in the future and re-evaluate :D

I nearly had a panic attack and read that as charlie would be at ET4 </3 hahaha :'(

• Moderators

Photo shoots - obv I dont know how much it costs to get done but if ET cons are still gonna carry on then can you not get a 2nd Twilight back drop done for Photo Shoot B? It just looks odd having some pix with the Twilight background and the others not and tbh they dont look as good without.

I dunno .. I'm quite glad my Christopher one doesn't have Twilight splashed all over the back :unsure:

Oh and I was a little narked that I was asked to go and get changed this morning when I went for breakfast... I was wearing sweats and a tshirt... admittedly I had slippers on, but its cos my feet hurt. I'm not sure how I could of offended anyone over their sausage and bacon with my choice of pink fluffy footwear but it kinda put a dampener on my morning.

I am shocked by this as I went down for breakfast in sweatshirt and slippers and no one ever asked me to change..

Oh and I was a little narked that I was asked to go and get changed this morning when I went for breakfast... I was wearing sweats and a tshirt... admittedly I had slippers on, but its cos my feet hurt. I'm not sure how I could of offended anyone over their sausage and bacon with my choice of pink fluffy footwear but it kinda put a dampener on my morning.

I am shocked by this as I went down for breakfast in sweatshirt and slippers and no one ever asked me to change..

I was asked to change too! :wub:

I thought all the guests were amazing and great fun - the talks were hilarious and the laugh was much needed! At all of the cons, none of the guests have ever disapointed me and I try not to judge beforehand.

I will just step in and defend Kiowa here, because I heard some people saying some mean things about him at one point....he's just very shy - he's very young and this was his very first acting job - to be thrust into this whole Twilight crazyness and having to speak in front of 900 people...it's got to be very daunting. I get him...I'm very shy too (probably why I was pretty much a lonely wall flower most of the weekend!)

I liked the hotel layout - I didn't feel crammed in with no where to sit or hang out between signings/photos...I did get a little lost the first morning, but soon figured it out (maybe a few more signs?) Just unfortunate that it's kind of out of the way with no where else to eat etc, and the hotel charges ridiculous amounts for food. I did go into the Twilight canteen thing once, but I was alone, people turned and stared at me when I went in and I just felt uncomfortable and walked out - thankfully I had taken my own food with me anyway.

Oh, and nothing to do with ME, but the house keeping at the Hilton were....annoying!! I tried to get into my room once and 2 of the women were sat on the floor in the doorway of my room with it open having a chat and I couldn't get in!

I found the crew more friendly this time and not so...bossy. I know they have to tell us what's what and all that - but there's a nice way to do it. This time everyone seemed much more relaxed and friendly.

I really only have a couple of gripes that could possibly be fixed.

Could the sheets for the signings (what group they're up to) be moved to another wall or could the crowd clustered around the doorway be moved as I could never find out if my group was going in yet and sometimes walked off and couldn't be bothered to fight my way through to have a look, so went back later!

Some attendeee's have sadly never been taught manners! I had people cutting in front of me in lines for signings (friends running off to get friends to join the queue in front of me!) people pushing me about/past me and just generally having not a lot of respect for others! And inbetween the talks, if you want to to talk to your friend you're not sitting with, can you go out of the room to do so, or at least move to the end of the row? I had girls shoving their way down my aisle to chat to a friend in front or beside me and had her ass shoved in my face for 10 minutes - nice! Thank you for that!

The parties - did not like some of the music (but then we're all different) and it was repeated a lot - did he have a set list or something? The room was too dark and I couldn't find friends and the smoke was far too much!

And....I'll shut up now...:wub:

xC

I agree - the photos just look a lot nicer on the lighter background, and more professional too.

And the reaction of one of the reception dudes when me and Chelsea asked for a Dominos menu :') He didn't like me. xD

Did he slap a huge Yellow Pages infront of you and make you look up the number in there? They used to keep menus behind the desk so that you could order takeout, but they have now changed it as they want more people to order from the hotel, so i had to look up Papa Johns Pizza in the Yellow Pages XD

I really really enjoyed this weekend! It feels like its been sooooo long since ive been to a con and this one was definately a good one to start the year off!

Heres my two cents:

VENUE

I really dislike the Hilton ;) There is so much walking around, and as many people have said, i didnt get to see as much of my friends as i would have liked ;)

And the food is rediculously over priced! I adore Costas hot chocolate but there was no way i was gonna pay over £4 for a small hot chocolate! I ended up ordering a medium pizza from Papa Johns, which served as dinner and breakfast the next day :wub:

It was soooo cold in parts and really hot in others! I couldnt sleep on sunday morning because i was soooo freezing!!

I miss the Park Inn XD

PARTYS

I only went to saturday nights party, but it was awesome to start with, i enjoyed playing the carnival games, but when id finished playing those, there was no room on the dance floor, and i couldnt gind my friends because it was way too dark (you had to litterally stare really hard at someone to see if it was your friend or not, which was probably pretty weird for that person XD) so i ended up going out to play roulette instead, in hopes that my friends would see me if they came out! I gave up at midnight and retired to my cold room XD I never saw the guests at the partys, but to be honest, i dont mind, since i really hate seeing them crowded :/

PHOTOSHOOTS/AUTOGRPAHS

They ran very smoothly for me, and i was very pleased with the crews help, you guys are awesome!

GUESTS

I was soooo pleased when they announced Jamie as id missed him at a premiere recently, so i was really excited to meet him and he lived up to my expectations of him being awesome!

Chris was amazing, so hilarious and so was Charlie. Tinsel and Kiowa seemed pretty shy, but i think that balanced out the other guests well :wub:

I wasnt particularly impressed with Richelle, she seemed a little rude, dunno if it was because i was one of the last few and she was fed up, i dunno :/

TALKS

I was quite happy with my seat on the Saturday, and had a good view of the stage. Although there was a group of French people behind that were very loud and were talking alot during the talks :(

I was kinda sad that i missed the Sunday talks, especially Jamies, but being in the Costume Room made up for that :wub: John was lovely :)

Im sure i will think of some more things to add here, but for now i gotta go to work XD