Event Feedback

DavidB

• Showmasters Admin

Yup an attendee was pushed ridiculously hard accross the dance floor and threats had been made prior from what I was told from her. They were split up by Davey and other attendees.

Thanks, I shall talk to Davey about it.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I think of good things to say, but then forget about them when it comes to writing it down, sooo here it goes :smile:

I had another awesome weekend and seriously can't wait until Octoberrr! :D Did I have a fab time? Yes totally - Was it my favourite ET? Hmm sorry no, that would have to go to ET2, but to be fair this was pretty much down to the guest chemistry during group talks, which, I do appreciate, can't be helped. Don't get me wrong, I loooved each and every guest as individuals (Jamie's solo was definitely my highlight) and I am so freaking chuffed I got to meet them, they just didn't seem to gel as well as the other groups at ET1 and ET2 is all. Loved Christopher, as a fan of Supernatural as well as Twilight, I'm really happy I got to meet him! Jamie was amazing, Charlie was adorable, as was Tinsel and Kiowa.

My photos are awesome (thank you Malcolm!) - everything from my photo's to my autographs ran smoothly. The calling system for the talks was a definite improvement. The food court sounds like a good idea...I might have to actually check it out next time round :dance: The addition of John and Richelle was also awesome! Both were really lovely, loved the collection and getting my book signed!

The parties were good, if a little repetitive. I actually wrote the same song request on the white board twice on the same night (Sunday, so a short night at that) aaand it was ignored, or forgotten about, I don't really like making assumptions :WINCE: I'll make sure I write a whole list next time! :P Smoke machine didn't really bother me tbh...but that seems to just be me lol! The little extra's like the bouncy castle, tent and the stall, as well as the bar was wicked! Very good idea guys!

I'm not going to moan about food and drink prices because, quiet frankly, that's not your fault! You did what you could with the discounted food court yada yada so I'll leave it at that :smile:

The heating didn't bother me oddly enough, I could only really notice it in the mornings, but I brought my dressing gown with me anyways sooo....*shrug* lol!

Urm urm, oh the venue. Okay I'm kinda torn, while I LOVED the Park Inn, just thinking about going back there after being at the Hilton, is actually already making me feel kinda claustrophobic! It just seem's soo tiny in comparison. While I do love and prefer the atmosphere of the Park Inn, I do appreciate that some things have to be sacrificed. The walking to and from the other side of the hotel thing didn't really bother me, we didn't actually leave the hotel the whole weekend and I don't think it ever really registered that we'd been stuck there so that's a plus :smile: I think overall, I do prefer the Hilton, especially once you got used to it, it's definitely the more practical option.

Aaaand finally, the attendee's. Okay so the majority were lovely! As some mentioned there was the odd rude person (French) - I'm sooo sorry I'm not trying to stereotype or whatever, I do know it's not everyone! But it was mostly French people who I noticed stealing other people's seats, and y'know what? My bad I should have said something but I didn't. Something else that bugged me was the amount of people who kept coming in and out of the hall during Tinsel and Christopher's talk, I found it awfully rude! But yeah, like I said, the majority of you guys were lovely! As were the crew I'd like to point out, you all work so so hard and we all really do love you for it!

Oh okay I lied, not finally, there's something else, lol! - so some of you mentioned the gaps and questions asked in talks earlier, and while I have to say I am one of those moaners, I have to confess, I have never ever ever submitted a question, sooo I'll definitely be doing my bit next time! :D

Sorry for the ramble! Thank you for an amazing weekend, it really has made my year so far, here's to ET4 topping it :poki:

Edited by Holly

Part 1 – Some general comments and Friday feedback

Well, firstly apologies it has taken me so long to get on here and send in my feedback. As a few of you will know I bought tickets to ET3 as a surprise Xmas present for my girlfriend, and really had no idea what to expect. I took the gamble and bought the ET4 gold tickets as soon as they went on sale, and all I can say now is I am so glad I did!!

Both myself and Sarah had an absolutely wonderful weekend, the whole weekend was extremely well organised, getting 900 people through all the photo’s, talks, autographs etc. is no mean feat and I can only imagine the amount of hard work that goes in to this. The parties were amazing, we dressed up for all 3 and I am so glad we did, even if I am still finding bits of glitter on me nearly a week later!!

Having never been on a weekend like this before, I must admit we both found it a little daunting when we arrived, however, the hotel staff were extremely friendly and courteous, and being a smoker, I soon bumped into some friendly fans outside on the Friday night (you know who you are girls) and they welcomed us to join their group, which was very nice. I think looking back now, Friday night walking into the party was the most daunting, with large tables of around 10-12 chairs round each with people sat at them, we kind of did a couple of laps of the room, thinking hmm, who do we talk to? Who do we sit with? But this was soon overcome when we spotted the afore mentioned group of ladies ïŠ I think the fact that we had dressed in party theme helped, and we were soon up dancing and making new friends all in all an ace night!!

Rewinding slightly to the opening ceremony, we were fairly high number tickets (standard 376 and 377) so went in near the back, but we knew this to be the case before we left home on Friday morning so no surprise there ïŠ. We entered the hall, found 2 seats next to a group of 5 very rude girls (yes, they happened to be French, but we met girls from all other Europe over the weekend and this particular group were the only rude people we met all weekend). They proceeded to tell us the seats we were sitting in were their friends, this left me in a dilemma, I knew I had read on the forums about no seat saving, but I am now out of my comfort zone, surrounded by 900 people of which I know 1 (my girlfriend). do I want to cause a fuss and make enemies before I have even made 1 friend? I opt to keep quite and just move along nearer the edge and keep the 2 seats empty for their friends (the seats remained empty for the duration of the ceremony) – ho-hum lesson learnt, will speak up next time ïŠ. Absolutely nothing ME could do about this, because I opted not to bring it to their attention!

So That is Friday done, the registration was seamless, we had bought the photos we wanted for the weekend with no problems, partied till about 1am and made some new friends. Time to go get some rest and see what Saturday would bring…..

Part 2 will follow shortly...

Omg dude its you the sparkley guy from Sunday night who works for Virgin!! I was the girl dressed as Edward Cullen

Hehe, that's me :) Hi, remember you too!! Was a great weekend, and you guys all looked fab!!!

Part 2 – Saturday….

Ok, so I forgot to say how pleased both of us were with the gift bag we received when we registered on the Friday, Thank you! This was a lovely surprise. Ok, so we awoke on Saturday morning after a great nights sleep and went down to start collecting our autographs, I had written down all the times we had to be at different places, so was feeling all organised and knew we had a gap when we would be able to get breakfast later. We went down to the hall and pleasantly surprised when we were told that we could collect all 3 autographs whilst we were in the room and did not have to come back at the set times for each one. This whole process was so well organised, and the post it notes that were brought round to write names on whilst we were queuing was fantastic. All of the staff were extremely, friendly, courteous and helpful and meeting the guests for the autographs was good fun. Once we had finished in the hall, we headed up to the 5th floor for breakfast, which was very nice and a good opportunity to relax and take a breath!

All refreshed, we then headed back down and I put our names on the list for a guest encounter with Christopher, we went to see John Henson’s costume collection – this was fantastic, and what a lovely friendly guy he was! we also took the opportunity to visit the dealers room, I guess this probably had less stuff in than I was maybe expecting, but I couldn’t honestly tell you what was missing, maybe the size of the room just made it seem a bit empty? We then went to the Voturi talk at 2:30 – this was brilliant and thoroughly enjoyed it. Again the queuing and calling in process that Too Tall was running was seamless, and we knew we would be near last called in. Still had fairly central seats and a good view, the big screens really helped! We left this guest talk I had a smoke and a drink then headed into our guest encounter with Christopher, pleasantly surprised that the price we paid was quite a bit under the bid.

The guest encounter was brilliant, I was sad that we were missing the costume talk as thought that would be good, but Christopher was great, we did not have the full 12 people, we had 3 French Ladies, myself and Sarah and another 3 English ladies. Chris was great fun, he spoke at times in French to our French guests, and one of the French ladies very kindly translated the conversation for us – Thank you!! We bumped into these same 3 ladies from across the channel several times after this over the weekend and they were absolutely lovely and very friendly!! So please, please don’t anyone tar all with the same brush!

After the guest encounter we had the final talk of the day, then up to the room for room service steak and chips for me and ham & cheese toasted sandwich and chips for Sarah, both of which were fabulous!! Then it was time to get ready for the 2nd party….

Much more relaxed going to the party on Saturday night, we now knew a fair few people and were feeling very happy and relaxed (if a little tired!!) We loved the fairground stalls and won 2 cuddly toys ïŠ The music was good, although Sarah’s dress was not the best for dancing in, we had a fabulous night and retired to bed again at about 1am tired but very , very happy! We did notice when Charlie walked in the big horde of people that descended on him, and this was a pity, but I guess is human nature, we stayed out the way!!

Sunday and final thoughts to follow in part 3….

Omg dude its you the sparkley guy from Sunday night who works for Virgin!! I was the girl dressed as Edward Cullen

Hehe, that's me :) Hi, remember you too!! Was a great weekend, and you guys all looked fab!!!

Was awesome meeting you and Sarah can't wait till ET4 I'm sure I'll bump into your again. Not sure if you got facebook but if you wanna add me on there my name is Sam Moden and its a pic of me in Edward baseball with John Henson.

ah! I met you outside on Sunday night too and you were telling me about your glitter gel dilema! I was wearing massively high goth platform boots

It's you!! I cornered you outside the party on Sunday and demanded a photo cos you were all glittery :)

I really need to start posting on here! lol.

Good points;

The guests were fantastic. Great personalities,amazing presence and really tried hard to make it a good weekend for everyone. Not to mention their all very easy on the eyes :P haha.

Having more space worked out great! The dancefloor was crowded every night but I never felt overwhelmed and it was awesome to have space to actually sit around and leave stuff whilst dancing.

The crew are all fantastic and I loved trying to speak to as many of them as possible :) Got a smile on their faces most of the time and,just in case she sees this,I LOVE YOU PRINCESS HANNAH! :WAVE:

I ended up really loving the party themes in the end,although I did find the Civil War theme a challenge I managed to throw something together in the end.

Bad Points;

Repetitive music. Left the Newborn Vamp Party early,even though I thought it would've been my favourite,simply because the DJ was just playing songs that had been repeated on Friday and Saturday.

Not much to do between signings and such. There could be some small activities to go on earlier in the day maybe? Especially when a lot of us had like 9am starts for photoshoots or autograph sessions lol.

The food situation at the Hilton was pretty bad. It was disgustingly expensive I have to say. And after spending so much money on a ticket & accomodation it's not exactly the best situation to be in unless (like some I seemed to notice at the con) you're absolutely minted. And with the price of tickets having gone up for ET4 then it's more money to lose? lol. The Twilight Food Court was the only reasonable place to eat to be honest.

Finding out there wasn't an ET2 DVD =[

It was an absolutely UHMAZING weekend <3 It was my second con and i've already got my ticket to ET4 I can't wait! Thanks to everyone that made this weekend possible!!!

Princess HanHan of Manchester here. Much love to you too RileyDoll. May need a reminder of real name perchance. Shrekkie Boo is missing everyone dearly back in his Ivory Tower. :unsure: He can't wait for LFCC and ET4.

Hehe nice to see people remembered the glitter :) I had a few photos Sunday night and I even remember getting dragged into the arts and crafts party next door for advice on how to use glitter gel properley!!

Look forward to seeing you all again in October

Ha ha ha!! As the person who witnessed glitter all over the carpet, bathroom floor, bath, towels, bedding etc. I know that no-one would ask you for advice about using glitter!!! :headscratch:

After working through my post-con blues, I'm finally gonna post! lol :P

SM - Thank you, thank you, thank you - we had an amazing time at ET3. Amazing organisation (again). Thanks heaps to all the crew and guests. It just never felt like there was almost a thousand attendees.

Loved the guests, especially Charlie. He took the time to really make my 9 yr old daughter feel special when she gave him a drawing she'd done for him. So lovely. Jamie and Chris were so funny and it was lovely to meet Tinsel and Kiowa also. Great addition having Richelle - wow. And John Henson - his collection was amazing and he was awesome - please bring him back to ET4? And the Hillywood New Moon Parody was fantastic on the big screen and gave a realy nice touch to the entertainment.

Themed food in food court was great to have. And it was soooooooooo great to hear the twilight soundtrack and score playing! Yay! More of this please, this is what I missed at ET2. Perhaps for ET4, opening the Food Court as a cafe, selling variety of hot drinks and more choice of soft drinks & cakes/fruit in am and pm (inbetween meal times) would be fab - coste was lovely but uber expensive. Also, perhaps adding a salad bar and jacket potatoes at meal times would widen the choice for everyone please? Although cullen burger and jacobs hotdog was yummy -loved the theme names! Little things and all that! But its these things that felt really 'twilighty' and for us big kids at heart, great attention to detail!

For ET4 please could you bring back the twi fan fiction competition or some other creative competition? Enjoyed reading them last time and gave another different thing to do inbetween all the other great stuff. A Cosplay comp would be fab - so many made such an effort, it would be great to see them all together.

Loved the venue although brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr freezing at times - just got through it by thinking of cold Forks and cold vampires! lol. Spent a fortune in the Dealers Room (again he he) but amount and range of twi stuff seemed limited - perhaps it was just the large room? Bank balance was relieved though! Remember at ET3 thinking how comparable prices were to play and amazon, however, this time...mmm...promised to buy my daughter a t-shirt - eeek, almost double hmv price! Of course, she got one! he he

Met some lovely people, chatting in the queues over the weekend. My mom, my daughter and I had a really lovely weekend - it was their first ET and they really enjoyed it. Thank you to Rhi (Rhianydd) and Debbie (Twilightmum49) for being so lovely when I introduced myself on the Saturday night. :WAVE:

Can't wait for ET4! :clap::dance::D

I loved how the gold reception was step up this time I hope you do it like this again cuz at ET2 I didnt really enjoy it as I felt we didnt get a proper chat to say hello to everyone where as having the tables made it easier for everyone to see and hear what was going on I really enjoyed it this time