Event Feedback

DavidB

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Im a terrible music student :WINCE:

Haha Rach, I might not of done I might of had a perfectly interesting conversation about music with him :WINCE: lol

Amanda, I smiled at you loads but most of the time I couldnt be bothered having a full blown conversation...and I know that sounds horribly rude but I was just so tired all the time :blink: and to talk took so much effort lol

Right, ET4, Imma find you, bring you to everyone and be all like YO GUYS! THIS IS AMANDA! EVERYONE SAY HI!

Haha, that's probably a good idea or else I might go hide in a corner again >.<

It's settled then, we'll parade you round the hotel :WINCE:

Haha Rach, I might not of done I might of had a perfectly interesting conversation about music with him :blink: lol

Oh aye! At least your dream never came true :WINCE:

No you're not, Live Sound is a different kettle of fish to Studio Engineering. Most typical studio engineers are actually rubbish at live sound.

Whereas I, who did studio engineering at school, only have experience of live sound and can only do that, not studio stuff! :blink:

The photo sessions

I only had 3 photos but all we're very well orgainsed Malcome was awesome as normal and my pictures are great.

However my photo with Tinsel is terriable and 90% of the photos I know people had taken in photoshoot b people don't really like.

I don't know what is up with the photographer but she just seems to just stand there doesn't seem to care she might as well have the camera on a tripod as she doesn't seem to do anything but landscape.

Maybe Malcome needs to show her a few tricks.

Phew!!!

I'm so glad that someone shares my opinion about the photos in Photoshoot B! I thought I was going to be the only one to mention it.

I'm really gutted that it was my only chance to get these photos, I paid £20 and now I don't want to show them to anyone :WINCE:

Is that the name of that photographer? Malcome?

He was brill, he almost sounded like he was singing at people....hello madam, smile madam, 1 2 3 click, very nice, thank you madam...the way he was saying it all sounded like he was singing it lol

Hold it there madam, lovely madam, next miss, smile miss.... :WINCE:

I see the beginning of the Malcolm song we'll be singing at ET4!!

Edited by fanggirl

He was brill, he almost sounded like he was singing at people....hello madam, smile madam, 1 2 3 click, very nice, thank you madam...the way he was saying it all sounded like he was singing it lol

Hold it there madam, lovely madam, next miss, smile miss.... :(

Hahahahaha glad it wasnt just me who noticed it too :D:D:P I was chuckling to myself in the queue over him and he's a real good photographer to boot :D

Malcolm is great, but I have some lovely photos from Danielle too though. :D

lucky you... jealous :P

(can I borrow them and photoshop my head on them? :D )

okay, so they do need photoshopping to remove my head.........but still :D

They were from other cons. Didnt get any shoots this time...........hate having my pic taken. Didnt for years before Brum Proms, and now? crazy! far too many FB pics lol

Wow its all been going off in here hasnt it!

I agree with some things ive read, others not so much.

firstly wrist bands for me wud be a MASSIVE NO NO. the con is 3 days long, now unless its plastic and can be removed (which would be a complete waste of time, as u can also remove a neck pass.....) then it wudnt last the weekend. And those that did would look awful in pictures. they wud get wet in the shower , dirty etc(paper ones that cant be removed usually have to be cut or bitten off lol). Also the passes themselves are my favourite keepsake of the weekend. i do think the only way to solve seating (and pass sharing) is numbered seats, it works at the theatre, concerts etc so im sure it would work perfectly fine at cons aswell :)

Talks. I do think maybe a different interviewer, it was akward in places (poor tinsel being born in the 70's for example lol), but i dont like the idea of queing to ask questions at a mic either, would waste alot of time, and guests may feel rushed to get through the line of people waiting, and also it wud mean people wud be getting up and squeezing along rows, both to and from the mic, Not good for those just wanting to watch! Also a mic means less quality control over questions. So to sum that section up, i like the way the talks are done atm :)

I had an amazing time, and am soo pleased i bought my ticket for ET4. I was abit worried about buying it at first as ET3 was my first con, so buying ET4 before even going to ET3 was abit of a risk for me, but im SOO GLAD that i did. :D

Sorry David I only mentioned it cause I was confused....sorry. Dont want the topic to be deleted either as I think Showmasters should get to read our opinions and obviously people can see what others have written and in some cases agree with what was said.

Now for my ickle bit of feedback.

On a whole I really enjoyed the con. It was my first ET event and it was awesome to say the least. John Henson's costume display was amazing and what can I saw about John other then he is an amazing guy who I definately wouldn't say no to meeting again.

Got to agree with the overload of smoke at the parties. I ended up spending most of my time outside the party room as it was so bad and for those of use wears contacts (especially at Newborns when there was even more smoke) it made everyone's contacts dry out really quickly so maybe alittle less on the smoke next time. Also as someone else mentioned it was extremely dark in there and I sometimes found it extremely hard to find people, was having to go outside and text to meet me outside the room before re entering.

The little cafe type thing with the cheap food was a wonderful idea especially considering I got burger, wedges and a can for £5.50 and the Hilton's price for chips alone was £3 on their menu.

The add on things at the party were great (i.e. the bucking bronco on Fri, the bouncy castle on Sat and the racing thing on Sunday) though I admit I didn't get to enjoy any of them due to my already fractured thumb so if Showmasters fancy getting them again for ET4 feel free as hopefully I wont have had my thumb broken or amputated next time.

Can't comment on the talk as I successfully managed to miss them all. Oops. Think the only one I made was the costume talk and John was really quiet at first until Paul asked him to hold the mic alittle closer to his mouth which was amusing.

Obviously size wise I can only compare this to Proms and it was massive this time round, it did feel like a bit of a trek to the main hall but I found in the end it was easier to go the outside way whilst smoking to make it alittle shorter and less confusing. Also got confused trying to find the registration on Fri but luckily spotted Andrea on the way and asked her where I was going. Dealers room was great, if not alittle bit bare as it was such a big room.

Richelle Mead was really nice. I mentioned I hadn't read VA before she was announced but now I was hooked and she asked me which book I was up to and said I'd just finished the first one before ET3 and she said she hoped I enjoyed the rest of them. I'm now on the beginning of book 3 and loving them. Was nice to have her as an add on to the con and hope Showmasters can do this again at ET4.

Hilton breakfast as always was amazing though was alittle last on Monday so missed all the bacon but that was my own fault. I love the fact breakfast is included as being diabetic I have to eat before I can really start my day and having such a filling breakfast in the morning definately helps.

Think Mark or TooTall may have already replied to this but the air con was a pain in some of the rooms it was boiling and in others it was freezing. When I first entered the signing room on Sunday I was freezing to death and by the time I'd seen Chris and moved into Charlie's queue I was roasting.

Big well done also to the crew who kept the lines moving. I loved how on Sun Tinsel and Charlie's queues were having a bit of a race and later on Chris and Charlie's queue were having a race. Sadly Charlie's queue lost as pretty much everyone had seen Chris by the point and Charlie's queue was just getting longer and longer. But definate well done to the crew. You guys are amazing.

On a whole fantastic event Showmasters, cant wait till ET4

far too many FB pics lol

lol! :D I know the feeling. I haven't even unpacked my cameras yet and already there's a million pics been tagged of me. That'll teach me for dressing up and people wanting their pic taken with me.

Don't know why you don't like having your pic taken - you're really pretty, photogenic and seem constantly smiley! :D:D

I know there are a lot of Charlie fans but seriously Charlie is now coming across as arrogant as he's trying to take over in the talks.

He was also making fun of a fan in one of the talks and and I heard he was heavy brushing against some fans in photo sessions.

I think it might have been a good idea for Charlie to have a talk for himself I'm sure his fans would have really liked it.

I know some people are going to have a go at me and say oh that's just Charlie but you have to remember he's also a guest meeting fans.

I've been too a lot of events and I've never had a guest be like this.

I know I probably seem like im totally bumming charlie lol but he's said to me in the past in person cus ive been lucky to get up close and personal that he likes telling people the full answer to the question so you fully know what's going on in his head, he's not arrogant enough to try and take over the talks. He did even admit he'd rather have one to himself though as you could tell it didn't flow

jason I wont be at the next event due to the fact I wont be in the country </33333 however how about having a wee team of researchers of the forum that are fans of the guests? I know personally I could've pulled about 100 questions for charlie lol and im sure people like cheryly could've done the same for Jamie.

Hold it there madam, lovely madam, next miss, smile miss.... ;)

Hahahahaha glad it wasnt just me who noticed it too :D:D:D I was chuckling to myself in the queue over him and he's a real good photographer to boot :thumbup:

You've gotta love Malcom!

i do not intend to listen to you as i have the email you sent me were you were out of order on many points and and as you have tolled us all many time you are not intending to attend anymore of our events so i really do not feel you coming on here is helping anyone at all

I'm sorry Jason, but that comment is out of order. She's not coming to anymore because she's moving back home! Her points were what everyone else was saying, yet you single her out?! If that's how you treat PAYING CUSTOMERS, I don't even want to know how you treat people you don't like.

Do you know what gets annoying when these feedback threads get abused? The fact that people seem to fail to recognise just how much work goes into running an event like this.

I know its semi drummed into us that it's not easy, but it really isn't... and on top of that the crew, guests and other SM staff are all only human not robotic creatures programmed to perfection.

If I'm being blunt I think people need to lighten up, the guests were fantastic, the parties with the bouncy castle especially looked like great fun (I didn't get on :thumbup:).

If people want to be negative, go ahead but I think sometimes there's a very fine line between giving constructive criticism and getting personal with people/guests/staff.

I for one have had times at SM events that I may not have enjoyed as much as others but still appreciate the effort put into these events and can't wait for ET4.

• Showmasters Admin

I know there are a lot of Charlie fans but seriously Charlie is now coming across as arrogant as he's trying to take over in the talks.

He was also making fun of a fan in one of the talks and and I heard he was heavy brushing against some fans in photo sessions.

I think it might have been a good idea for Charlie to have a talk for himself I'm sure his fans would have really liked it.

I know some people are going to have a go at me and say oh that's just Charlie but you have to remember he's also a guest meeting fans.

I've been too a lot of events and I've never had a guest be like this.

I know I probably seem like im totally bumming charlie lol but he's said to me in the past in person cus ive been lucky to get up close and personal that he likes telling people the full answer to the question so you fully know what's going on in his head, he's not arrogant enough to try and take over the talks. He did even admit he'd rather have one to himself though as you could tell it didn't flow

jason I wont be at the next event due to the fact I wont be in the country </33333 however how about having a wee team of researchers of the forum that are fans of the guests? I know personally I could've pulled about 100 questions for charlie lol and im sure people like cheryly could've done the same for Jamie.

we ask people to send in questions all the time if no one send then in we have to work with what we have its something we ask for all the time if you would like to help us by getting together some good questions them that would be great for us and the fans .

as to jenni i do not know if this is her or not she may have just used another name but there are a lot of issues that seem the same to us and as she has said she is not coming back i do not see why she wants to keep coming on here and having her say ?

if she wanted to have her say and do some good with it then maybe emailing us in privet would have been better than coming on here

i am going to clean up this thread now as its not helping anyone and as david b has said its good to have a place to get constructive feed back from but not a place to create issues and get of the point

jason

jason

Do you know what gets annoying when these feedback threads get abused? The fact that people seem to fail to recognise just how much work goes into running an event like this.

I know its semi drummed into us that it's not easy, but it really isn't... and on top of that the crew, guests and other SM staff are all only human not robotic creatures programmed to perfection.

If I'm being blunt I think people need to lighten up, the guests were fantastic, the parties with the bouncy castle especially looked like great fun (I didn't get on :D).

If people want to be negative, go ahead but I think sometimes there's a very fine line between giving constructive criticism and getting personal with people/guests/staff.

I for one have had times at SM events that I may not have enjoyed as much as others but still appreciate the effort put into these events and can't wait for ET4.

No offence to anyone but seconded!:thumbup:

go ahead and delete it. it wont harm us, but other people have read this and agree. I know that for certain. I feel really unhappy with how you've dealt with this.

and for the record, if anyone was to have read her original post because you hadnt deleted it, this would never have happened. this would never have gotten this far, and you wouldnt have lost our respect.