Event Feedback

DavidB

in the guest encounters they were speaking french too which i actually didn't mind too much... because tbh the french paid as well... and i don't mind the odd bit of french because even though it is a UK con, they're still coming to it and it is nice to feel involved...i just think in return they shouldn't mob the guests....that isn't how the UK work... though tbf i know it wasn't ALL french... but i think the majority of it was...

Yeahh i dont mind the odd bit of french, they have paid but i mean i'm talking about the ones that didnt speak much english at all and didnt even try speaking english. The ones that tried to speak english were actually really nice and i spoke to them about france and stuff :chair: but some were really snobby as if they owned the place.

This is one thing i didnt like. I just sat there with no idea what was going on when the guests and attendee's spoke in french. I have nothing against them being there, it was just the fact that half the people have no idea whats going on :/ and in one talk we had some foreign people sitting behind us talking all the way through in their language and it got a tad annoying :/

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the guest encounters they were speaking french too which i actually didn't mind too much... because tbh the french paid as well... and i don't mind the odd bit of french because even though it is a UK con, they're still coming to it and it is nice to feel involved...i just think in return they shouldn't mob the guests....that isn't how the UK work... though tbf i know it wasn't ALL french... but i think the majority of it was...

Yeahh i dont mind the odd bit of french, they have paid but i mean i'm talking about the ones that didnt speak much english at all and didnt even try speaking english. The ones that tried to speak english were actually really nice and i spoke to them about france and stuff :chair: but some were really snobby as if they owned the place.

put it this way....

if there was a con in france... i would NOT go to it if i couldn't string many sentences together... because it would be kinda pointless tbh wouldn't it? is that what you mean? lol

oh and it was ace to finally meet you lilz! see! told you you were pretty :)

This is one thing i didnt like. I just sat there with no idea what was going on when the guests and attendee's spoke in french. I have nothing against them being there, it was just the fact that half the people have no idea whats going on :/ and in one talk we had some foreign people sitting behind us talking all the way through in their language and it got a tad annoying :/

Yeah this is how i feel! Especially once i was standing there and they were speaking in french and then looked over and laughed. I mean god say it to my face, IN ENGLISH. You're in england for gods sakes.

put it this way....

if there was a con in france... i would NOT go to it if i couldn't string many sentences together... because it would be kinda pointless tbh wouldn't it? is that what you mean? lol

oh and it was ace to finally meet you lilz! see! told you you were pretty :)

Awww XD thankyouu but i'm nott! You weree! Especially with YOUR hair :chair: the wig was awesome (spesh as miley) but i like tiffs hair :wub:

PSH! don't be a douche lily! haha! you are!!

and yeah! it's like.... int he guest encounters the french people COULD speak english except one... but charie chose to speak french to them... tbh it was actually quite fun... and i didn't care cause charlie was there tbh.... i mean... yummm! <3

Yeah this is how i feel! Especially once i was standing there and they were speaking in french and then looked over and laughed. I mean god say it to my face, IN ENGLISH. You're in england for gods sakes.

THANKYOU!! im sooo glad its not just me!

I wouldnt have minded so if people had made more of an effort to speak english, and i know many people did though, but it was the few who didnt, and i kinda think its inconsiderate :/

I know its not something ME can do really, because its people language or whatever, its just annoying in the talks when you sit there bewildered by a different language when your in a con in england....

Would it be possible to have the signs for the Silver seats like you do for the Golds? I noticed some Standards sneaking like ninjas a row forward, which I thought was cheeky!

Silvers do not get reserved seating, so the us standards were not being cheeky at all :)

Sometimes I hate being French. I was in some other con once, and the French girls there were acting just the same.... That's why I didn't say I was French and enjoyed hanging out with foreigners (Scottish, Australian, German peeps etc) and English peeps at that con and I met some great people with whom I'm still in touch now!

I wasn't in ET3 but will be in ET4, and I really hope that being French won't be hold as a prejudice against me :(

I'm not of the shouting/mobbing/stalking style... Usually I don't even have the guts to ask guests for a special pose! ;)

As long as people are polite and nice to me I don't mind where they are from or anything like that - you'll have no worries :(

the silvers were loaded into the hall before the standards, and were to sit behind the golds

but some people dont like to sit on the end of rows and prefer to be in the middle, it is their option when they go into the hall where they sit as long as not it is not closer to the front than their pass allows.

The other seats still have to be filled then though, so as long as a standard didnt mind being right at the end of a row, they could end up in a more forward row than a silver.

Plus, some people do arrive later than when they are called.

I dont envy TT loading the hall, that is one mammoth task!!!!!

i had a group of people behind me who answered their phone during Kiowa and Tinsel's talk on the sat. The proceeded to talk quite loudly in their native tongue for at least 5 mins then decided to tell the rest of their group what was being said in her conversation....with Kiowa being quite quiet anyway me and my friend missed half of what he said! I think people need to respect other people and the guests and i definatly think there should be an announcement about not using phones during a talk!

i had a group of people behind me who answered their phone during Kiowa and Tinsel's talk on the sat. The proceeded to talk quite loudly in their native tongue for at least 5 mins then decided to tell the rest of their group what was being said in her conversation....with Kiowa being quite quiet anyway me and my friend missed half of what he said! I think people need to respect other people and the guests and i definatly think there should be an announcement about not using phones during a talk!

Thats what i mean about people being inconsiderate :/ theyve come here to the con but dont listen, talk and spoil it for others :/ i know its not everyone, and i really dont like making it sound its everyone but it really got on my nerves :/

Was there any tickets that had "ability to go and sit with the golds even though you don't have a gold ticket"? No? Weird ..

lol some people seemed to think so...............weird lol

99% of the attendees are absolutely awesome and really make the con, thats a big reason why I go :(

always sad there are the odd few that dont want to play the game

Edited by Rhianydd

Not all of them, I dont think? The volunteers are ALWAYS lovely. It was some of the staff that I think are paid, that last time were a bit rude towards us. This time they were all lovely.

the crew are ALL VOLUNTEERS and i know that they are the best crew for events like this in the world and i do stand by them all .

jason

In that case, SOME VOLUNTEERS (I put this is capitals because I am unsure why it was written in capitals to me in the first place...I wrote always in capitals to emphasize how most people have always been lovely, where as the above seems to have been written to highlight me being wrong) have been rude in the past. This time, however, no problems had by myself. Although some other people do seem to have had a politeness issue with one volunteer.

Guests

That said, I did think the gaps left in between the questions sometimes got a bit long and awkward, but maybe the MC's mind was just elsewhere?

I don't know if it was just me but compared to ET2, the group chemistry when they were all together on stage was just a bit lacking - I guess maybe they just hadn't spent time together that much before. It sounds bad but the atmosphere was made a bit more awkward by them being asked questions they blatantly didn't want to answer (the Rob Pat one on Sunday?)

we were asked to give our feedback, so here's mine.

That is exactly how I feel - it was obvious when they didnt want to answer a question, and there were alot of awkward gaps. Pretty much everyone I've spoken to agreed.

Like Anna, I dont want to be slandered for giving my feedback, as I am trying to be positive, and ultimately I have been to all 3 ETs so people cannot say I haven't enjoyed them previously (or I wouldnt have come back). I just wont be able to afford to come back in the future, so I want to help out as much now as I can, in improving it for others.

But I am awaiting a huge wave of hate to hit me...

Edited by Clairbear

Stop being so negative .. I've provided a topic for people to provide feedback, so just give it without suggesting everyone is going to attack you :lol:

If this is aimed at me, I gave positive feedback earlier, and then wanted to support this person after people told me I was wrong!

I'll repeat my positive feedback if you like: Lovely staff, lovely guests, nice location...is that enough positive? :o

I'll start with my negative points just so the good ones can finish off the reply

so bad times =

as most people are saying I defo prefer the Park Inn, not just for the hotel itself and the size but because the Hilton is the middle of no where. the park inn was literally round the corner from the town and places to get food and quick shop if needed which would have possilbe solved the lack of things to do when you didn't have any autographs or photo shoots. Sunday I had a good 2 hours of NOTHING till Jamie's talk and there are only so many times I can go round the dealers room.

Food; I did like the effort of the special food hall with discounted prices but honestly it was very limited. I bought the wedges one night a a burger the next and both were only mildly warm but I was so hungry I didn't have much choice. I agree with Ballet with lack of Veggie choices apart from one pasta dish. Personally i'm not vegetarian but I prefer them to a huge burger and when i finally got home on sunday night i was craving an apple and some salad.

only small things at the evening parties e.g. overdoing the smoke machine, the usual guest crowding even when we've been warned about it expensive drinks: why is it that we get a discounted food area but then drinks were so expensive. maybe a thought for future cons?

and now the good stuff=

the guests and the fans

everyone was lovely and everyone seemed great. the guests played off each other well and seemed to have as much fun as the fans did!

ME and SM

everything seemed to run smoothly (given that there were 900 people there) and generally information as easy to get from the large posters and signs or asking someone. I made sure to say thank you and be super polite when getting my answers because you see clearly that everyone is working their butt off to do what they can.

Richelle Mead

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR HER APPEARENCE. she was sooo lovely and I'm a huge fans of her books so to have her as a bonus guest was too amazing. I really think that more authors should appear or maybe book publishers should be encouraged to have stalls in the dealers room like the Puffin/VA stall. more books and activities like the name spinner thing. I was defo a highlight! I know it was part luck that Richelle was coming over to the UK to do a quick tour but doesn't hurt to ask I guess or for publishers to just send some freebies or book samples like the Beautiful Creatures and VA ones.

Generally I loved the event; the talks were funny and the whole thing went very well for me. Big kudos to John Henson for the costume display. wonderful to see everything and he was fab letting people see his collection and take the time to talk about his pieces

sorry i rambled on a bit and this is only MY opinion.

xo

I just mean don't assume everyone's gonna jump on you for saying something :lol:

Sorry to assume! it's just that last time I wrote something that was the teeeeeniest critical, though in the form of a suggestion, I got lots of people telling me I was wrong, and generally being rude. I suppose it's mental preparation just in case.

I do want to say that JCB was one of the best guests we've had, so that was awesome.

and now the good stuff=

Richelle Mead

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR HER APPEARENCE. she was sooo lovely and I'm a huge fans of her books so to have her as a bonus guest was too amazing. I really think that more authors should appear or maybe book publishers should be encouraged to have stalls in the dealers room like the Puffin/VA stall. more books and activities like the name spinner thing. I was defo a highlight! I know it was part luck that Richelle was coming over to the UK to do a quick tour but doesn't hurt to ask I guess or for publishers to just send some freebies or book samples like the Beautiful Creatures and VA one.

xo

Silly me for not mentioning Richelle - she rocked, actually one of the highlights of the weekend for me and as I know for you Laura :lol:

I just mean don't assume everyone's gonna jump on you for saying something :o

Sorry to assume! it's just that last time I wrote something that was the teeeeeniest critical, though in the form of a suggestion, I got lots of people telling me I was wrong, and generally being rude. I suppose it's mental preparation just in case.

I do want to say that JCB was one of the best guests we've had, so that was awesome.

lol you sound like me, I always assume someone will take something I say the wrong way and get offended.

Dont worry, all constructive criticism is helpful anyway :lol:

we always ask our customers if there was something they would have changed about their cake or the way they ordered it, and I am constantly revising the order forms and booking systems as a result to try and make it simpler for them

Overall, it was an awesome con, and I have serious withdrawals today :o

Richelle Mead

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR HER APPEARENCE. she was sooo lovely and I'm a huge fans of her books so to have her as a bonus guest was too amazing.

Silly me for not mentioning Richelle - she rocked, actually one of the highlights of the weekend for me

Ditto :lol:

Hi ! I'm French and I am ashamed of what I read! I was present at ET1, and ET2, we were quiet and we try to integrate English fans but ET3 has been horrid. I totally agree with you. The only time we speak French, it was with Christopher and was during the guest encounter on Sunday. We had a little delirious with him but the english fans who were with us, they didn't seem to be bothered. I hope !

The French who were present were not used to go to events and finally they gave a bad reputation, I am so sorry that you have disturbed !

Hi ! I'm French and I am ashamed of what I read! I was present at ET1, and ET2, we were quiet and we try to integrate English fans but ET3 has been horrid. I totally agree with you. The only time we speak French, it was with Christopher and was during the guest encounter on Sunday. We had a little delirious with him but the english fans who were with us, they didn't seem to be bothered. I hope !

The French who were present were not used to go to events and finally they gave a bad reputation, I am so sorry that you have disturbed !

Oh Heavenly, it was lovely to meet you :(

I met so many lovely French people in the auto room on the Sunday, we had lots of giggles when I was trying to spell out names on post-it notes lol :D

I met so many lovely French people in the auto room on the Sunday, we had lots of giggles when I was trying to spell out names on post-it notes lol :D

Rhianydd it was a pleasure to meet you ! You are so nice ! :(

Yes I remember ! Johanna with H haha

Rhianydd it was a pleasure to meet you ! You are so nice ! :(

Yes I remember ! Johanna with H haha

ssh! lol dont tell anyone lol :(