Event Feedback

DavidB

• Moderators

This will be easier for the organisers to read and address if it's all kept in one topic.

I know from talking to many attendees over the weekend that there's various things you've all loved and some you felt could be improved. So please feel free to put your views across, and I know that Mark and Jason will take them on board wherever possible.

To get the ball rolling, my own personal experiences:

Guests

Fantastic talks, and some friendly interaction from some that I saw at the parties.

Highlights for me were Jamie and Christopher, who seemed extremely comfortable and made the talks what they were. Not sure if Jamie was just nervous and not thinking before he talked, but it certainly made for some interesting moments! And Christopher was just a legend in every sense, and a fantastic entertainer.

But I have to say they all seemed friendly, enthusiastic and humbled by the experience. I thought it was great that they all said thank you to the staff and to the attendees, and while there will always be stand-out guests, I do feel they were all certainly worth having along to the event.

Venue

Personally I can probably sum it up as a very nice venue but perhaps too big.

I understand that the Park Inn would have issues coping with the number of attendees, but it'd be perfect if we had a happy medium between there and the Hilton I think. Everything was fairly spread out, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that got bored of walking a lot and getting lost. It did lose a certain sense of intimacy, but I realise that sometimes you have to sacrifice that so you don't get overcrowding and everyone being uncomfortable etc. It's a VERY tricky balance, and there's probably not a perfect venue!

Parties

I thought the music was decent enough, and had a good selection of popular music and party stuff too. I preferred the order of the music on Friday night, as the dancey/party songs came too early in the night on Saturday and people weren't drunk enough yet lol but I loved the games on the Saturday night.

I wasn't too convinced by the smoke machine, and the room was VERY big and dark. I would've liked to be able to find my friends etc in the room, but it really was near impossible which was a shame. Most of the time I'd just have to find them just outside the room on the off-chance they were there.

I did manage to speak to Christopher a bit at the Saturday night party, but I did feel some of the attendees were crowding him and being very rude and inconsiderate. I must say this was only a VERY small amount of attendees, but I just hope it didn't spoil it for everyone else.

Attendees

Having spoken to so many of you online, it's always a wonderful weekend to be able to catch up with new and old friends, and make new ones too. So I know that most of you are fantastic people who are there to have a great time, and that the majority won't cause problems. There will always be those who look out for number 1 and they're never going to listen, but I hope they don't ruin the event for anyone.

I do genuinely hope everyone had a really great weekend, and I'm looking forward to the next one already :D

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the bad points what stood out for me from the very start was the Dealers Room the stuff in their was fine, their just seemed to be a lack of it. Now this may be because the room was so much bigger than at Northampton making it seem very empty or because their were less things or both. But yeah it just seemed kinda empty.

Urmm also was it just me or was Tinsel Korey not with the other names on the program thing =/

I'll edit some stuff in tomorrow, which may actually make sense :D

I'll try my best with feedback :D :

Guests ~

Everyone was amazing. Jamie's talk on his own was definately my favourite and he was geuinely so nice. Kiowa seemed a bit overwhelmed to begin with but seemed to relax more during talks, especially with Tinsel and came out with some great one liners.

Venue ~

The venue was huge, when I first arrived I couldn't find registration for about 10 minutes so I think maybe a few more signs could've been helpful. It did feel a lot less claustrophobic and it was a really nice hotel.

I thought the talks (and party) hall was really nice and big, and great to run around in in the early hours. :D

Parties ~

I only went to Friday and Saturday. Saturday's was probably the best as it seemed a lot more relaxed and the fair ground games were fun.

I didn't really have a problem with any of the attendees.

Aha, that was a bit of a rubbish feedback.

I loved most of the guests. Jamie is a complete charmer and it was a great oppurtunity for fans of Supernatural to meet Christopher (please get him for road house!)

PLEASE can we have the Park Inn back?! I miss it sooo much! The Hilton is WAAAY to big, I couldn't find anyone and I got lost so many times! I felt there wasn't as much atmosphere as the other cons as all the fans were spread out!

The parties were ok, some good music was played near the end of the night- little less GaGa- more rock! Haha, the smoke machine actually filled my lungs and made my eyes run!

I really was pleased with all the attendees this time, no screaming (thankgod)

It was a really good event, definatley need to get my ET4 ticket- just miss the atmosphere from the Park Inn at Et1/ 2

Also, the crew were really brilliant this time, so much more relaxed than other events!

Edited by fran cullen

I think the weekend was amazing.

VENUE

Personally I loved the fact that the venue is big and spread out. The sheer volume of people and photo shoots and signings goin on at the same

time... I was so glad we weren't all crammed together. And what exactly do people want? Their rooms to be right next door where you need to be? All the noise while you sleep... it was litterally less than a minutes walk from the hall to the furthest photoshoot. Bit silly to complain about that dont you think? Personal preference i suppose!

GOLD EXPERIENCE

Personally after paying for gold I have to say I didn't enjoy the drinks reception that much. I couldn't hear any of the guests and they deffo couldn't hear me hence chris thinking I wanted a milkman ?:s! It was very crammed and not enough room to experience the guest being there and also way too dark. :P The one time me and my friends had a guest walk over to our side he got moved after like 2mins to the otherside where we all couldnt hear him so... i dont think that expience was fairly done.

GUEST LIST

The guest list was a fab mixture and just like everyone else i completely ended up adoring Jamie Campbell-Bower who was a joy to talk and listen to and very genuine. Chris was also a huge highlight of weekend and they both had amazing banter :)... would be delighted to see both again!

so perfect venue... Amazing guests = one happy attendee overall. Thanks to everyone that made it possible :)

Edited by BeckiUK

I really need to start posting on here! lol.

Good points;

The guests were fantastic. Great personalities,amazing presence and really tried hard to make it a good weekend for everyone. Not to mention their all very easy on the eyes :D haha.

Having more space worked out great! The dancefloor was crowded every night but I never felt overwhelmed and it was awesome to have space to actually sit around and leave stuff whilst dancing.

The crew are all fantastic and I loved trying to speak to as many of them as possible :) Got a smile on their faces most of the time and,just in case she sees this,I LOVE YOU PRINCESS HANNAH! :P

I ended up really loving the party themes in the end,although I did find the Civil War theme a challenge I managed to throw something together in the end.

Bad Points;

Repetitive music. Left the Newborn Vamp Party early,even though I thought it would've been my favourite,simply because the DJ was just playing songs that had been repeated on Friday and Saturday.

Not much to do between signings and such. There could be some small activities to go on earlier in the day maybe? Especially when a lot of us had like 9am starts for photoshoots or autograph sessions lol.

The food situation at the Hilton was pretty bad. It was disgustingly expensive I have to say. And after spending so much money on a ticket & accomodation it's not exactly the best situation to be in unless (like some I seemed to notice at the con) you're absolutely minted. And with the price of tickets having gone up for ET4 then it's more money to lose? lol. The Twilight Food Court was the only reasonable place to eat to be honest.

Finding out there wasn't an ET2 DVD =[

It was an absolutely UHMAZING weekend <3 It was my second con and i've already got my ticket to ET4 I can't wait! Thanks to everyone that made this weekend possible!!!

I enjoy giving feedback, especially when its good.

The guests were all brilliant, each of them was very good, and Jamie was incredible - pure inspiration of a signing for the event - please have him back haha

I actually quite like then venue. As said above, with so many people there needs to be room for everything to go on at once - and this venue is brilliant for that. Admittedly there isnt much to do whilst you're waiting around, but if you make a friend or two, that takes up the time perfectly well.

Attendees - this was my first Twilight con, and the first con i went to by myself, and i was really impressed with the guests. There was some screaming at the opening ceremony, but after the reminder on saturday before the talks it never happened again, and i was very impressed. The number of attendees helped create a brilliant atmosphere.

Overall, of all the cons i've been to - this was my favourite :P

Guests

Well I have to say I really enjoyed these guests, they weren't afraid to get in on the fun and were also very honest in the talks which is always appreciated :).

Venue

I think it was necessary to move to a bigger hotel, but like David said it's far too big and does become very impersonal...pros and cons I guess.

Having the twilight food room was fantastic too, choice of food wasn't great but to be able to eat without having to take a mortgage out was a blessing :)

Parties

Weeellll they played hoedown throwdown so clearly it was epic.

Attendees

Attendees? They're all lovely :P x

Typing on my iPhone so will have to give more indepth feedback tonight when I get home. I have many fantastic moments which I will share and post about but my only real downsides that I'd ask ME to rethink the gold pass drinks reception. The room needed to be bigger, better lit and bigger tables. Too many people were bunched together in a small room.....

And someone else has already said this but I think the party room was way too dark.... Nightmare to see in there.... Could have just put the lights on very dim....

Aside from that, I'm very happy :) awesome weekend, awesome guests, made some great new friends and caught up with old friends....

If I were to put the 3 Twilight cons in order, sadly it would ...ET2, ET1, ET3!

Personally I felt the venue was too big! It was great that we weren't all crowded on top of each other but I was shattered walking the miles around the corridors. Because of this I didn't see much of the people I know. However, saying that and as much as I like the intimacy of the Park Inn, this event has out grown it so I am inclined to agree with David by thinking something in between would be better. My main issue with this venue was the cost of everything. £4.10 for a small latte and it wasn't that great! Pizza, chips and a coke was nearly £14. The Twilight eating room was great but with limited choice, I didn't want to keep going back there. My biggest issue was parking. I didn't stay in the Hilton so parking set me back £24. I was cross about this because I actually emailed the Hilton a few weeks ago asking how much it would be and they told me £7 a day. I told the reception staff this but because I wasn't a registered guest they said no. Really wish I had taken the email with me now...still next time.

The party was really dark and the use of the smoke machine was a bit...over the top but I thought the music was great. I heard that the guests or at least some of them came on Saturday night. I saw Christopher earlier but he was getting crowded a bit so stayed away. We left at midnight because I have a teenage daughter so it would have been nice if Charlie etc had popped in a bit earlier for their benefit. I liked how at ET2 they went from table to table, I think that would have been nice this time.

By far the best best guests in the talks were Jamie and Christopher, Jamies solo talk was the highlight of the weekend for me. Tinsel came a close 3rd. Charlie was great at the photoshoots and signings and poor Kiowa looked as though we were keeping him from a deceent nap but perhaps he was a little shy and over whelmed by it all! On the whole they were all lovely!

The main thing that spoiled things for me was....me! Note to self, leave the Jack Daniels alone!!! ;)

This was my first twilight con and myself and daughter had a fantastic time. The guests were great, we were particularly impressed by Christopher as we didn' t really know of him other than being Marcus, he was so friendly and very entertaining at the talks. We were especially lucky as we were given a room upgrade as ours wasn't ready and ended up seeing the guests on our floor, in the lift and at breakfast time which was a huge added bonus ;) Everyone was very helpful, people were friendly and loved all the talks, so funny. Can't wait till ET4, very pleased Alex Meraz will be there as couldn't afford to get photo op or auto when he was at Lfcc. All in all as my youngest daughter said, it was a crackalackin weekend!

I have been to all 3 conventions now and booked for ET4 back in January - I would like to say thanks to Jason, Mark and the team for yet another super dooper weekend - they are the highlight of my year and I have never been disappointed

This year was the first time I have gone for Silver and I would like to also say thank you to Malcolm and I think it was DJ (sorry if wrong) for taking really good pictures of me, I can even look at them - its great!!

I loved the hotel even though it was a bit big - but the staff were lovely and really helpful - yes the food was expensive and the food in the Twilight Food Hall a bit plain - we sneaked of to Weatherspoons in the NEC for food - it was really tasty - so I was happy

Could we have a cheaper tea/coffe option next time if possible, as being of the older generation sometimes we just need a good pot of tea in the lounge rather than have to sit in our room

The Photo shoot queues moved really fast and the autograph queue was somethimes slow but what the hec it is the perfect time to start talking to the people in the queue with you - so not really a downer

All the quests were really great although I did worry on a motherly level about poor Kiowa who did seem, as others have said, overwhelmed.

The only thing that had me worried all weekend is that sometimes I wish someone would jump in and save the quests when they are asked a question that they really do not want to answer - I hate to see them squirm - I want them to have a good time too

Other than that my only suggestion is can we have a vampire ball again, the costumes were fab

See you all in October

Ok here we go.

Good points

The guests were awsome and always sweet and nice and happy to talk. They were all really good in the talks, but the jamie talk had to be the best (even if I was sat half a million rows back) they all made us laugh and I over chris' glaring at people - so funny.

The photo shoots were very well managed so everyone was able to get they wanted quickly. The staff worked well to make them run smoothly and I think the quick bag drop off works well as you know your stuff is in the same room as you are.

The dealers room felt a little empty but that's only because it was in such a big room. There was a wide selection of items there at very good prices, they were all appropriate for the event. All of the sales people were very nice and helpful all the way through the event.

I loved loved loved john's clothes collection. It was so cool to look at all the clothes from the two movies and even some eclipse ones. John himself was very easy to talk to and was happy to explain any of the pieces that he owns or has created as a very close match for the hillywood show. I really enjoyed watching the hillywood show during his talk and would love to have them for an event, the rest of john's talk was funny and enjoyable.

I liked the fact that in the venue they didn't have to take all the chairs away for the guest signings which saved time between them even if they did have to do so for the parties but that was a time for eating and getting ready. Honestly, I didn't kind the big venue or the walking around to get to places, it meant that there was more space to move around in.

The staff in general were helpful and all up for a laugh they made the event work. Everything ran smooth enough and that was due to the effort that all the staff put up in set up so thankyou for that.

Bad points

chris' autographs on the Sunday were rushed so I didn't get any personalization, not even a name written. I mean how long does it take to write 'rebecca' on a piece of paper. I understand that they had a lot of people to get through but everyone who had their auto on the Saturday got a personalization. I thank chris so much for apologizing to us during his talk as it wasn't his fault at all.

The smoke at the parties was BAD! It got in my lungs and was very uncomfortable, my eyes stung from it and honestly the taste made me feel sick. It meant that it was impossible to find anyone in the party room especially as it was dark.

Overall it was a very well run event and i loved it, there were a lot of very good poins compared to a small amount of things that could be improved on. Thanks SM for an amazing weekend yet again.

ok.. I will have a go...

Good points:

My daughter and I had a real good time.

I really enjoyed the parties on friday and Saturday.. the carnival games were ace! and my daughter had fun being able to have something to do at the dance as well as the bouncy castle!!! that would be nice to have again..

I was happy about not being crowded.. but the venue as said above is a bit too big..

the guests were excellent.. I found each of them very down to earth. My daughter and I really enjoyed our guest encounter with Kiowa.. Thanks to Jason and Mark and all their crew for a job well done.. cant wait till october..

Bad points

The hotel was so cold.. the windows didnt shut well had to complain at the front desk..

The food choice was very limited.. especiallly if you were vegetarian..

I know and agree with others when they say that this event has outgrown the park inn but I miss the atmosphere of northampton and the convience of closeness of the shops/restaraunts etc etc..

Over all we had a great weekend...

Guests were brilliant - loooooved Jamie and Christopher.

I like the Hilton but it is VERY big (and a bit cold brrrrr!) - I assumed the layout would be similar to the Proms but I suppose because there were a lot more people this time I can see why ET3 was mainly allocated to the back of the hotel. Being able to just nip up to your room for things was a problem because of the time it took to walk from one end of the hotel to the other.

The gold reception was noisy so we couldn't hear what the guests were saying - had to lip read :P The tables perhaps could have been bigger so attendees weren't two rows deep. The highlight was Jamie coming to our table, shaking my 8 year old son Jacob's hand and saying 'Hi I'm Jamie - would you like a Haribo' - lovely chap :lol: This was our first gold reception and we really enjoyed it. Thanks to Rhi for the cake yum!

Enjoyed the parties the stalls were great fun on the Saturday night but it was too big and dark - couldn't find friends easily :YAHOO:

Loved meeting Richelle Mead and getting my books signed.

John Henson was very funny and a lovely chap.

We had a brilliant time at ET3 and can't wait for ET4 :D

The food court was very good idea.

Thanks to Showmasters and all the crew for making the weekend so well run and enjoyable :wub: :wub:

Edited by Juliette

This is my first convention I participated in the Prom in September 2009 which was a different set up more intimate.

Good points

The guests were superb!!! I was looking forward to Jamie and Christopher. I had seen a couple of their short interviews and they sounded quite funny. I was really looking forward to both and they were fantastic! Jamie and Christopher bantering with Charlie was pure comedy, especially when Charlie didn’t get what they were saying and doing, poor man. Jamie on his own was a stand up comedy act. If he wasn’t an actor he could definitely be a stand up comedian. He is hilarious!!! I was taken aback by how beautiful and charming Tynsel is she is so tiny, but she can definitely hold her own with the boys ïŠ. Kiowa is such a sweety quite shy I thought and probably overwhelmed by 900 people looking at him ïŠ

The photo shoots were well managed the staff were battling with crowds and temperatures that went from sub zero to plus 40C so hats off to them for keeping their cool.

The dealer’s room was good but it could have done with a smaller place or more dealers. Some of the stuff was overpriced and some felt old but that's only because it was in such a big room.

Having John’s there with his collection was fabulous and quite unsettling ïŠ to see how small some of the actresses are, tiny clothes. John was a pleasure to talk to very happy to share his passion. A really good addition to the convention!!! The Hillywood show was really funny it would be good to see them added to future conventions

Improvements

The hotel service was quite bad, overpriced food and drink and appalling service, not to mention some of us being ill because of the food. The Twilight food court was badly organised and the food was really poor and the M&S sandwich deal is actually cheaper and has a greater selection. The temperature in the place was crazy freezing or sweltering and the hotel staff didn’t do anything about it when asked to. The hotel is vast so better signage and arrows pointing would have been useful We looked around for registration desk for a while before finding it.

The parties were ok it’s great to see the effort some of the participants went to, to dress up some amazing costumes. Unfortunately I couldn’t take pictures because the smoking machine made it impossible. ïŒ

The event staff could do with a little more co-ordination. My friends and I experienced a couple of occasions when we would be told one thing by one staff member and total opposite by a different one being scolded in the process ïŒ I understand the pressure but if they all sang from the same sheet that might make it easier.

I was disappointed not to have the group shot with the guests like we did at the prom. I understand the logistics may have been difficult but not impossible. The groups could have been staggered. It would have also being nice to be able to purchase the funny poses they did I know Gold tickets got them included but the rest of us could have purchased them.

I was disappointed about the lack of informal access to the guests. I don’t have any comparison apart from the prom where they mingled with guests in the evening for a couple of hours sitting at tables chatting, this time we saw Charlie for 5 minutes being mobbed and Christopher for 10.

The pack was also a little disappointing Charlie’s photo was the same as the prom one. Tynsel’s picture didn’t look very good and Kiowa although from the movie just looked perverse, he’s only 19 I’d rather have one where he has clothes on I did go buy one cause I just felt too bad asking him to sign the one in the pack.

At prom we had t-shirt and a mug this time we got rubber bracelet, book mark (really good) and a booklet of not sure what yet. Maybe we could have different packs for different tickets? Just an idea.

Not too keen on the hotel, I prefer the Park Inn.

The parties were okay, music was repetitive and there was no karaoke :D

The signings seemed slightly rushed.

Not being able to buy extra photoshoots after you've been in once is silly, when it hasn't been the case before, despite what I was told.

The closing ceremony could have been improved rather than 'This was ET3... BYE....'

I like the extra amounts of guest encounters.

Everything was run to schedule pretty much.

Seating was organised well.

The guests were all awesome.

The hotel was so cold.. the windows didnt shut well had to complain at the front desk..

The food choice was very limited.. especiallly if you were vegetarian..

I know and agree with others when they say that this event has outgrown the park inn but I miss the atmosphere of northampton and the convience of closeness of the shops/restaraunts etc etc..

Over all we had a great weekend...

I agree the hotel was very cold.......

I asked in the Twilight Court if there was a vegetarian option as I don't eat meat and was told no as if I was from a different planet.... not good..... and why do they think that everyone likes to eat burgers and hotdogs....I know there was a pasta dish in the evening but thought there could have been a much better choice considering it was the Hilton...

The Gold drinks party was much better at ET2 the tables at ET3 were too small and I couldn't hear anything properly because the room was so crowded..... Rhi's cake went down well though.

The autograph for Christoper was disappointing it would have been nice for him to have had the time to personalise my book for me. I know not only Gold couldn't have it done but we do pay a lot of money for our tickets.

I agree with David's comments and appreciate that we have outgrown The Park Inn, but it was more intimate and the Hilton lacks that as well as the heating omg it was like a fridge one minute and furnace the next.

My poor feet have never walked so much at a Con :D

But as I've already said on another post I had a great time ..... but a few changes need to be made for ET4

Guests

Jamie and Chris were the highlights for me. Both were very funny and had interesting things to say during the talks. I did feel that Charlie was slightly overbearing during this con, but then it is his nature to be that way and he was mean to Tinsel moving her in her chair :lol: Poor love. Charlie was excellent at the photoshoots though, was pulling so many faces and stuff Malcolm had to keep retaking the shots (he he). He maybe just (Bewliers don't kill me) needs to use his ears and mouth in right ratio at least some of the time :YAHOO:

Jamie, haha, lack of pants, stilton love and his +400 at the BAFTAs were all lolarious. He was just oozing creativeness, I can't wait to see more of his work. Tremendous boy :)

Venue

Toooo big, for me personally, this was my least favourite Con. It felt like I was on the Titanic.... I kept getting lost and I didn't see some people until Sunday :wub: Also the food and drink were over priced and the food was not a good standard for the price you were paying for it. I did have a touch of cabin fever yesterday, as at least in Northampton you could get and shop around the town, or go off site for drinks and food etc.

Also the staff in the bar/coffee area in the lobby were extremely slow and disorganised :wub:

Take me back to the Park Inn anyday :D

Parties

I peaked to early on Friday night :P So did not enjoy Saturday as much, the lighting was bad, couldn't see anyone in the main room unless you were virtually on top of them. We hung out in the lobby bar a lot on Saturday night :)

It was a shame that we had to forego a lot of decoration this time, was this due to people stealing stuff last time?

The bouncy castle was a great idea, I didn't go on it as my dress would have survived.

Atendees

Lots of newbies this time, which was good to see other people joining in the fun :) A lot more children too, which was really nice to see, the two girls dressed as Bella and Jane yesterday were lovely.

Crowding of the guests.... If you were one of those people, shame on you! Why haven't you learned anything from the last 2 cons? You may have got 2 minutes with the guest, but you ruined it for everyone else who didn't get a chance to speak to them before they ran for the hills.

I was speaking to a member of crew who said the Hub is an amazing event because everyone is curteous and respectful of the guests, I hope we can learn something from this event, but it seems destined never to happen.

ME Staff

Seemed much more relaxed, probably due to the bigger venue and not having to sneak through crowded hallways :)

So all in all, I did have a good weekend, I thought the dealers had a lot more stuff this time and the VA book signing and stand was very cool.

Also, John Henson was really cool, I missed his talk but caught up with him yesterday and what a great and interesting chap he is. I hope he can make a return for ET4.

I didn't see a fanfiction competition this time? Have those now ended or did I miss it?

That is all. See you at ET4! xxx

This was my first ever convention but me and my friend thoroughly enjoyed it!!!! I went knowing who the guests were but not having a favourite or preference but upon leaving i have fallen in love with Jamie and think everyone else were absolutly fantastic......the talks were sooo funny...its just as shame that on sat and sun i was sat near 2 groups (different ones each day) that spoilt them a litlle bit for me....sat was a group sat behind me talking throughout and then unbelievably answering their phones during a talk :-O!!! And sun i had a group in front that were stood up taking photo's throughout and althouigh i could just about see the group behind us couldnt and when they asked them if they could sit down they were rudly told no and then they began voice recording it on their ipods...i had had enough on sun with the rudeness of some people so i did report them and they were told to stop. I took food with me so cant comment on the prices though i did see some prices and was shocked....the hotel was fantastic and i liked having the space to move without being crowded.

The parties were amazing and the themes fantastic and many people had tried hard and came in fantastic costumes. The smoke machine annoyed me my photos came out foggy at the cilvil war one which is a shame and i had to leave early sun night as the smoke was irritating my contacts in my eyes...but overall i thoroughly enjoyed the parties (and being the first adult on the bouncy castle on the sat!!!!)

My only real complaint (other than rude attendee's) was that i was in group 22 so last to see christopher and wasnt allowed to get a personalisation as they were short on time. i know there are time restraints and a schedule to keep i just felt as though i was being rushed through and wasnt able to receive the same level of personalisation as other guests in earlier groups. Although i did think it was very sweet of Christopher to recognise and apoligise for the fact we were rushed through. like i said i understand the need to stick to a schedule though. My last moan would be the registration process- i queued in a queue 9and not a short one) only to get to the front and be told that it was the gold queue! it would have been easier if the different queues could have been had signs above them!!!

overall i am extremly thrilled with my experience and am going to be badgering my parents to buy me ET 4 tickets for my birthday tonight!!!!

Thank you Massive Events for a great convention....

ME Staff

Also, John Henson was really cool, I missed his talk but caught up with him yesterday and what a great and interesting chap he is. I hope he can make a return for ET4.

I heared him talking about coming back in October so fingers crossed :) What a lovely guy he was

Thanks for another great event SM! Can't wait for ET4. Now onto my own opinions of this one...

LOVED Jamie. He was by far my favourite guest - so down to earth and his talk was hilarious! "I'm not wearing any pants"... what an ice-breaker! Best talk of all the cons so far, I think. Shame he couldn't have taken us all to the BAFTAs. :YAHOO:

I really liked the new venue too, much better. There was room to move around and queue etc... and all seemed to run much more smoothly. :D

Costume display - YES! Awesome. So so cool. Thanks John!

All the guests were good individually, but as a group I don't think they meshed too well, and some of the talks were hard to get going. The pauses were too long between questions, some of the questions were a bit strange and the guests wouldn't answer, and I just wasn't feeling the group chemistry. I'm sure it's probably just me, though. I'm so glad Jamie was there, otherwise the talks wouldn't have been that memorable for me.

Meeting Richelle Mead was amazing, and all the Puffin girls are fantastic.

I love the Silver pass, and have been that one for ET2 & 3, and will be again for 4. It's great. So glad we got a professional pic of all the guests too.. thanks for that!

Chris was such a lovely guy, very professional and just genuinely nice. Same for all, but especially him and Jamie.

I loved Charlie's photoshoots - he tried to make each one different, and did pretty much anything anyone asked. He looked like he was having a great time, and the pictures are amazing!

On the subject of Charlie, I must admit (sorry about this) that I wasn't too impressed with him at all. Individually he was really cool - at the signing/photo/parties, but during his talks I thought he was arrogant, and it was all "me me me". I know a lot of people agree with me, and that's just our personal impression. I was expecting good things from him after hearing about him at the Proms, but I was disappointed. Maybe he was tired during the Sunday talks, which would explain why he looked so bored during his two. Oh, and some of the things he came out with were a bit dodgy... he should have thought about what he was saying.

At the parties, loads of girls completely crowded Charlie, and it was really bad. I think next time maybe you should remind people about that at the opening ceremony. It was better at ET2 when all the guests came and made their way around each table, that worked really well.

I couldn't get my Chris auto personalised on the Sunday, which was disappointing. He did write a message on it which made up for it, but still, it's nice to have your name on the pic.

Food at the Hilton was far too expensive, and getting something affordable to eat at night was a nightmare.

The parties aren't a big thing for me, I never dress up or anything, but I do enjoy them. This time, I didn't like the smoke machine (my eyes were really sore the morning after!) and it was too dark.

Hmm... what else? Great guests for ET4 announced, and I really hope you guys keep running these for years. Seriously - please do!

Think that's all from me. Thanks again to everyone, please don't hammer me for my opinions, and see you all in October! :thumbup:

Edited by prophecygirl

Guests

Loved Jamie - what a guy. So funny and extremely charming. I had face ache after his solo talk coz he just made me chuckle so much. Loved Christopher and felt Tinsel and Kiowa warmed up more on the Sunday talks and especially Kiowa seemed to come out of his shell a bit. Charlie was soooo nice - he was outside the party room on the Sat night and me and 2 of my friends waited while he spoke to a group. His security guard then pointed him in our direction and said that we had been waiting to speak to him which I thought was really nice. He was really attentive and charming when he was talking to us and actually seemed interested in what we had to say. Lovely lovely man is all I can say about him!!! :thumbup:

Venue

I was a bit overwhelmed by the Hilton at first but pretty soon found my way round. I think it was better that it was bigger - there was no waiting round for seats to be put out for guest talks like there were at the Park Inn since the same room there was used for autographs too. I understand people saying it was too big but personally for me I thought it worked better as there was room for things like John Hensons costume display in little side rooms. Thought there could have been more choice in the Twilight Food Court considering the amount of money the Hilton must make from other things over the course of the weekend. Not everyone wants to eat hot dogs and burgers all weekend! Also quite a few of my friends were ill and had all eaten in the Food Court....not sure if that was just coincidence or not? We did eat in the bar on the Sunday night and felt a bit badly treated by the staff....they werent interested in serving us and were quite rude. We may not be BA pilots or trolley dollies but our money is as good as anybody elses!! As many others have said I think the food and drinks were vastly overpriced in the main bar but that isnt anything ME can do I suppose.

Parties

Loved loved loved the parties!! Friday night we had a good laugh but it was a shame to see Charlie getting mobbed for photos so he ended up leaving. At the end of the day you can get an official photo taken with him over the weekend anyway so if you want one - PAY FOR IT!! There didnt seem to be enough bar staff on the bar in the room at the busiest periods and there was a long wait at times. Saturday night was my highlight, absolutely fantastic. Had such a laugh on the bouncy castle I really thought I would die! Thought the little stalls were a great idea too. The smoke machine was a little too much but it wasnt something I couldnt get over. Sunday night we didnt stay long coz we were so tired which was a shame coz lots of people had gone to so much effort with costumes and I loved my red contacts! Its a shame the bungee run wasnt there on Fri as I think that woulda been a hit with people. On the subject of the decorations I think it could be pared down because of people stealing things last time - me and my friend had brought a Confederate flag for our outfit and we got asked several times if we had taken it haha. Thankfully they believed us when we told them it was off ebay and we didnt have to provide a receipt or anything haha.

Atendees

There seemed to be a lot more males at this one which was interesting to see. Hardcore Twilight fans or dragged there by their girlfriends I dont know! I still dont know why people feel the need to crowd the guests yet again, when will people learn??? As I mentioned earlier when we waited patiently a little away from Charlie he came over and talked to us. He was going round the room and stopping talking to different people on the Saturday night but on the Friday it was just ridiculous to the point that you could see wherever he was in the room considering he was surrounded by a mob!

Guest Talks/Activities/Dealer Room

Really enjoyed the guest talks but my only quibble is regarding the seating. I understand that you have to get there early for a good seat but I paid an extra £50 for silver tickets therefore feel I should be guaranteed a seat nearer to the front like gold ticket holders otherwise what is the point?? You could buy your photos separately and go standard and it would be cheaper so surely the benefit of being silver is that you are closer to the front for the talks. The gold seats are roped off so the silver should be too. We were sat right at the back for the talks on Saturday and we had arrived 15 mins before the talks. We didnt make that mistake on the Sunday, believe me!! Another thing that was annoying me was people trying to take other peoples seats even though they had something on them reserving them. I sat in the hall all afternoon as I had done all of my photos and autographs and the amount of times someone tried to move other peoples things (namely French people pretending they didnt know what I was saying when I said they couldnt do that) was ridiculous. Everyone knows the rules so dont be rude and ignore them!!!

There definitely wasnt as many stalls for merchandise at this one as there was at ET2 although I know the room was bigger. There were no bookmarks and only one stall selling plastic mugs. I love things like this so was a bit disappointed. Obv all the merch was New Moon since Eclipse isnt out yet so cant wait for ET4 so I can stock up on more Twi-merch!!!

All in all though I have absolutely had a blast. I have been to all of the Twi cons so far and this has definitely been my fave with ET1 coming a close 2nd. Guests were amazing, talks amazing, John Hensons costume display AMAZING! Loved the signing with Richelle Mead too, she was so sweet. Liked the VA display in the Dealer Room too. Excellent overall though - ROLL ON ET4

And sorry for waffling on!!! xxxxxxx