Guilty confession

talie

I actually don't read the books more than I used to... I read Twilight fic every single day for about 6-8 hours.. upto 12 in a row if I am addicted to one story.

I do the fansite thing and look up the news stills cast news etc.

But if you dont like the series anymore, go standard. I was in love with Heroes and fell out of love with it mid season 2... well early season 2 :YAHOO: and paid loads on the Heroes con that I never look at

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres so many fanfictions out there that have turned out better than the actual books in my opinion

i spend ALL my spare time talking to friends across the globe from the fandom (well most of the time we dont talk about twi but i met them through it)

and the clothing choices in the books.... (tan turtle knecks and full length denim skirts? *sudders* waaay too much kahki)

omg we are the same person :thumbup::P

Ok, er, where to start... Well I listened to all the books on audiobook. Listened to twilight before the film came out & the rest of them when I was training for my moonwalk last year... When you're training for a marathon, if you can essentially "read" whilst you're out walking the streets for miles at a time it kills 2 birds right?

I saw twilight the day it came out & loved it, way more than the book.... Because I didn't really think the writing was *that* great but I LOVED the storyline. I guess that listening to the book, you can't skim read and skip words, you're just listening to someone else tell the story...

Aaaanyway, friends of mine got into it after the film came out, read all the books and were getting stupidly excited about new moon coming out. I got carried along by their enthusiasm & we booked midnight showing tickets.

We're all in our 30s but we met in the pub beforehand and had made each other twi goodybags - mine had Charlie swan fake moustaches in, my friend louise had made us all scrolls that said "be safe" and made us all Edward masks (which I covered in glitter)... Etc

when we went to the cinema I was excited like a small child. We spoke to the girls in the row in front of us (olivia ann was one of them) and I gave them new moon sweets I'd ordered from America. During the film we squeeed like teenagers and I *loved* it.

The best bit about that night was hanging out with people who loved it which is why I instantly came home and checked what tickets were still available!

Sorry this is such a long winded blurb, but i love meeting people who like the things I do, and even though I'm a bigger true blood fan over the last few months of chatting to you guys, I've had an awesome time and definitely feel like I've made new friendships. Whatever the weekend holds I'm just so excited that I get to meet and hang out with you lot because you're all awesome :thumbup:

Here ends this lesson :P

I still love it. I don't have the same intensity as when I first read the books, and read them over and over and over just so i could get lost in the world but it's like the love for all things twi is just deeply rooted now. When I go nuts for something it always stays with me. I'm a massive lotr fan and would still get excited about meeting a new actor and watching the films.

I read alittle fanfic but I found it got too addictive and was starting to take up alot of my time so Ive kinda stopped. Books like the house of night I've really liked reading but Im just not as into them as twilight.

You know who I am over?? lady gaga!!! Seems like she's been around forever!!! lol

I still love it. I don't have the same intensity as when I first read the books, and read them over and over and over just so i could get lost in the world but it's like the love for all things twi is just deeply rooted now. When I go nuts for something it always stays with me.

Ditto :thumbup:

My *love* towards Twilight has evolved, I'd say. I don't feel so much a fascination for the books as before, but at the same time I love watching the movies, and above all I love saying "I met him", "I met her" and so on... it created a bond that will never disappear, I think :P

I am not as fond of twilight as I used to be. It seems like all the excitement of the beginning has lowered down...

I've only read the books twice but I was totally into it then, I thought I never be able to read something else after that. And time passed and now I don't know if I would be in the story like I was at first.

What is still great though, is all the great people I've met thanks to it at the conventions I attended. And for that, it will always be special for me.

I am a big Buffy fan and I've attended the Hallowhedon convention last October on my own without my Twi girls. It was not the same without them but when I saw the guests on stage, I had my heart beating faster and I thought "there are here for real" which I've never felt with Twilight guests. I like them of course but it is not the same.

What I would like to say if event though I still like Twilight I feel that now it is more for everything around (friends, parties...) than just for it.

I still love it. I don't have the same intensity as when I first read the books, and read them over and over and over just so i could get lost in the world but it's like the love for all things twi is just deeply rooted now. When I go nuts for something it always stays with me.

Ditto :(

Ditto the ditto :lol:

At the moment? I can't stand it. I just gave a load of Twilight stuff away, I think I'm too old for it now. I've only seen New Moon once, and Twilight three times. I can't even read the books anymore. I'm really regretting buying a ticket to ET4 :/

• Showmasters Admin

i have been reading what people are saying and i to can relate to it we all really get into something and it takes over for a bit and then some of us move on to something new , but i think you never stop caring about it and have fond memories of that time or what you did or the people you knew or friends you have made , i know i meet up with my friends that were all really into Star Wars all that time ago and relive the time going over what we did and just having a good time looking back , i think you the Fandom of Twilight will look back on this time as a very special time, like a lot of Lord of the Rings fans also look back on it and Harry Potter fans look back on sitting out side bookshops to get the next book and then reading it in a night :P .

its a time that will pass, but you are right in the middle of a very special time something i know we will look back on and be proud that we were there :whistling:

see you at the weekend

jason

Harry Potter fans look back on sitting out side bookshops to get the next book and then reading it in a night

Fond, Fond memories. <3 xD

That the thing with Twilight though, I was crazy about it but I never ever found it measuring up to my love for Harry Potter. Twilight was a craze, HP is my life. I never saw myself loving Twilight for as long as I've loved HP (11 years)

I love Twilight more every day... the people that i met and the feelings that i felt with the movies/books make my twilight's love increase

im with you girl! i think if youre a true twihard then the love will never go away- its taken up a place inside you and it now lives there! it doesnt matter what age you are- im an adult and im crazy bout it!

i havent met anyone really at the conventions though- hopefully this time i can strike up a conversation with someone! im gold group three btw, so hollar if you're with me!

I often wondered if I could find an obsession as bad as my Buffy one (been a fan ever since it came on TV all those years ago lol).....then Twilight came along! I have still yet to go to a Buffy con (desperately, badly wanna go to Hallowhedon) but fingers crossed I will at some point! I'll never forgot the time me and Ryan went to blackpool on a coach trip. I was sooo annoyed as it was a week before the Buffy con (which I was hopeing to go to but my friend bailed) in Blackpool and was cursing it not being on the same week. We went in a cult shop and I took my buffy merch to the counter only for the guy to say "Ohhhh will you being going to the con next week?? You should come!" Me (trying so hard to hold back the annoyance of not being able to go) "Unfortunately no. My friend bailed out on me" and he told me I should go on my own as everyone is so friendly. It was too short notice though for me to sort everything out so sadly didn't go :D

Sorry for that random, useless peice of info lol!

I love Twilight more every day... the people that i met and the feelings that i felt with the movies/books make my twilight's love increase

im with you girl! i think if youre a true twihard then the love will never go away- its taken up a place inside you and it now lives there! it doesnt matter what age you are- im an adult and im crazy bout it!

i havent met anyone really at the conventions though- hopefully this time i can strike up a conversation with someone! im gold group three btw, so hollar if you're with me!

It's not a case of being a twihaard or not it's a case of growing out of something

Insert roll eyes here.

i have been reading what people are saying and i to can relate to it we all really get into something and it takes over for a bit and then some of us move on to something new , but i think you never stop caring about it and have fond memories of that time or what you did or the people you knew or friends you have made , i know i meet up with my friends that were all really into Star Wars all that time ago and relive the time going over what we did and just having a good time looking back , i think you the Fandom of Twilight will look back on this time as a very special time, like a lot of Lord of the Rings fans also look back on it and Harry Potter fans look back on sitting out side bookshops to get the next book and then reading it in a night :D .

its a time that will pass, but you are right in the middle of a very special time something i know we will look back on and be proud that we were there :(

see you at the weekend

jason

I deffo agree with this, the people I've met and the memories I've had are all SUPER special

I'm feeling the same, I love the book, but the film i'm not as obsessed about.

It started off as a very expensive craze! Still love all my twi-stuff though!

I bought my et4 ticket so I can see everyone again!

I often wondered if I could find an obsession as bad as my Buffy one (been a fan ever since it came on TV all those years ago lol).....then Twilight came along! I have still yet to go to a Buffy con (desperately, badly wanna go to Hallowhedon) but fingers crossed I will at some point! I'll never forgot the time me and Ryan went to blackpool on a coach trip. I was sooo annoyed as it was a week before the Buffy con (which I was hopeing to go to but my friend bailed) in Blackpool and was cursing it not being on the same week. We went in a cult shop and I took my buffy merch to the counter only for the guy to say "Ohhhh will you being going to the con next week?? You should come!" Me (trying so hard to hold back the annoyance of not being able to go) "Unfortunately no. My friend bailed out on me" and he told me I should go on my own as everyone is so friendly. It was too short notice though for me to sort everything out so sadly didn't go :D

Sorry for that random, useless peice of info lol!

Dayna, my sis wants to know where the Cult shop in Blackpool is! hehe! spending all of her student loan again!

We want to go Hallowhedon too, just need to save up for it!

Edited by Jenjen23

I still love Twilight and I can't see that changing - I'm quite constant in my obsessions! I still read the books over and over. I read a book, then a Twilight book, then an unrelated one again. To be honest I don't think it has anything to do with age as I am in the 30+ bracket. If it's at all possible I think that my illness is worsening. LOL

I love Twilight but i admit i dont know the book like i know my HP books. HP was the frist book i ever read by myself at a very very young age and ive grown up watching Buffy so im a huge fan of that. i can praticly qoute harry potter and Buffy but when it comes to Twilight i simple cant do it. I love Twilight buit it will never replace Hp or Buffy. lol

Edited by freakie_frenchi