latest Guest Announcement William Shatner

showmasters

Exactly.

Not stating details, but through someone John Landis brought with him to LFCC, I found out the ball-park figure of how much SM paid to get Patrick Stewart.

So I totally understand SM having to charge this sort of money for Shatner, and I'm more thna happy to help SM recoup that money.

Over the years since the second Milton Keynes event, SM have given me the oppertunity to meet so many of my heroes and idols, and the evnts they run have given me my closest and best friendships and even helped me find love :D I am eternally greatfull to them :D

So much good work is done by you all!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

Not stating details, but through someone John Landis brought with him to LFCC, I found out the ball-park figure of how much SM paid to get Patrick Stewart.

So I totally understand SM having to charge this sort of money for Shatner, and I'm more thna happy to help SM recoup that money.

Over the years since the second Milton Keynes event, SM have given me the oppertunity to meet so many of my heroes and idols, I am eternally greatfull to them ;)

So much good work is done by you all!

I completely agree with every word Beatrixkiddo88 - if it were not for SM, I wouldn't have met so many of my idols. The chance to get photoshoots with them is fantastic, and is something i'll treasure forever.

Yes, I certainly appreciate the opportunities to meet guests which Showmasters provide, they have and I'm sure they will continue to help make dreams come true for so many people.

Made my earlier comment as I know people who simply can't afford it at this time, whereas pre-recession it wouldn't of been a problem. It's a shame but thats life I suppose.

Yes, it's expensive but SM's are not a charity, so guest costs have to be met for future events to continue.

No one should want SM's or any other event organiser to go out of business, we owe them a lot.

you can bet there will be a no posed photo's sign at his table..I am dreading the autograph price! :angry:

Don't you think that would happen even without a photoshoot? It's William Shatner, not famous for being fan friendly at the best of times, and on top of that he's going to be extraordinarily busy.

To be honest I'm not sure why some are so upset. It's ten pounds more than most big name photoshoots, yes (and for a name like Shatner, not that much of a massive difference, in my opinion), but the event is still five months away. I know these times are horrid for us when it comes to money but there's still a lot of time to be able to save something up , I should think.

Edited by Princess83

£35 is far too much...you can bet there will be a no posed photo's sign at his table..I am dreading the autograph price! :rolleyes:

Try collecting autographs from people who have actually been into space, then you can grumble about autograph prices!

Personally I don't see the problem here, as someone else said, it's about £10 more than the usual top price for the actor who played what is probably one of the most iconic TV roles of all time. Consider this fee against the £80 that Mark Hamill charged last time he appeared in the UK which to me was excessive (even though I did payit!)

At the end of the day I'm sure SM would like nothing more than to have someone like Shatner over and only charge £5 a signature but they have to cover their costs and I'm sure a bloke like that doesn't come cheap for a whole weekend.

At least this way we can all make our own choice if we want to pay it or not. I'd much rather that than Jason coming on here in six months saying he could have got Shatner but decided against it to spare our wallets.

At least this way we can all make our own choice if we want to pay it or not. I'd much rather that than Jason coming on here in six months saying he could have got Shatner but decided against it to spare our wallets.

Thats exactly it. If people truely think that it is too much then they don't have to buy anything.

£35 is far too much...you can bet there will be a no posed photo's sign at his table..I am dreading the autograph price! :rolleyes:

Try collecting autographs from people who have actually been into space, then you can grumble about autograph prices!

Personally I don't see the problem here, as someone else said, it's about £10 more than the usual top price for the actor who played what is probably one of the most iconic TV roles of all time. Consider this fee against the £80 that Mark Hamill charged last time he appeared in the UK which to me was excessive (even though I did payit!)

At the end of the day I'm sure SM would like nothing more than to have someone like Shatner over and only charge £5 a signature but they have to cover their costs and I'm sure a bloke like that doesn't come cheap for a whole weekend.

i have to say that i agree with the count on this ocassion.

Thats exactly it. If people truely think that it is too much then they don't have to buy anything.

Agreed. True, I would be bitterly disappointed if I couldn't afford to meet someone as legendary as Shatner, but I'd just be mature and deal with it. Some people seem to be saying that because they can't afford something, those of us who can should also be denied. Which is not only unfair, but very immature.

Agreed. True, I would be bitterly disappointed if I couldn't afford to meet someone as legendary as Shatner, but I'd just be mature and deal with it. Some people seem to be saying that because they can't afford something, those of us who can should also be denied. Which is not only unfair, but very immature.

Completely agree with you Princess83.

It seems this issue is raised quite often on these boards. Its like everything else in life; some people can afford things and some people can't. I'd love a £120,000 car, but I don't have the money; doesn't mean I complain about the people who can afford it. I certainly don't go onto forums about expensive cars and grumble they cost so much!!

£35 is not even a night out - suck it up!!!! You're getting the chance to meet a true legend!!

Has anyone been charged yet for the photshoot whatever else you might have purchased? I haven't, am a little bit worried since I charged it with my new credit card that I haven't used except for when I ordered the photoshoot & early bird entry.

As far as im aware orders are proessed manually so may not happen for a while after ordering

Has anyone been charged yet for the photshoot whatever else you might have purchased? I haven't, am a little bit worried since I charged it with my new credit card that I haven't used except for when I ordered the photoshoot & early bird entry.

As far as im aware orders are proessed manually so may not happen for a while after ordering

Yes, that's correct. All orders are done manually.

If there's problems you will be contacted, they won't cancel your order without warning.

£35 is far too much...you can bet there will be a no posed photo's sign at his table..I am dreading the autograph price! :D

You can almost certainly bet there will be a 'no photos' full stop sign up too! :YAHOO:

£35 is not even a night out - suck it up!!!! You're getting the chance to meet a true legend!!

Where do you go for your nights out???!! If I ever go out, I wont spend more than £10! :P

You have to remember Keith is the sort to spend night after night in the penthouse of airport hotels with his many leather bound books and pipe rack bemoaning the lack of Ernest Borgnine at repeated SM events.

Count - whatever I do, I do it in style. You're only jealous. :WINCE: Let me know what your broom cupboard of a room is like, while gf and I party it up in a kingsize suite :WINCE: Also, have you been spying on me, I actually do have a massive collection of leather bound books!!

Bring back the Borgnine!

Edited by keithporter23

Oh yes I know your sort all too well, all leather bound books but cheap sherry and over salted peanuts.

Broom cupboard as my rooms may have been in the past where else can you hear Mickey Rooney and his wife having a full blown domestic in the same corridor!

To be honest - you could have seen those 'domestics' all over the hotel, particularly in the hotel lobby lol

Hello, I have read these forums for 2 years however this is my first posting so please forgive if I havn't got it right and hope I am welcomed to the forum.

I appreciate that times are hard for many folks but I paid $80 a piece for Shatner and Nimoys signature in Las Vegas and I think over $200 dollars for a photo with me in the middle of the both of them.

I couldn't believe how much cheaper Nimoy was at MK last year and feel the same about Shatner in London.

I think Showmasters are brilliant for both prices and access to the guests.