carpark charges at the Hilton Birmingham

moviemadfan

The hotel metropole charges £7 a night to park in the hotel car park, even if you are a guest staying there! Im staying at the hotel for ET3 and as it isnt very clear on the site about this charge i thought id let everyone know who will be parking there like me!!!!! Hey Twilight team is there anything you can do for us about this parking fee as its alot of money to pay as we are guests of the hotel for duration of ET3???? See ya all there friday x

Edited by moviemadfan

Well maybe its just me then lol, but every hotel iv stayed at before iv never had to pay for hotel parking, if iv been staying there!!

lm from Swindon and its free parking in hotels if your a guest and only £1.20 an hour for normal parking... i feel sorry for people in cardiff then lol x

Admittedly I've never been to a hotel which charges for parking either. Think the one in Milton Keynes near the snowdome you have to have a ticket from the hotel displayed in your windscreen. But I really think the reason is to stop people from the NEC parking in the hotel for free as its quite a big car park, well change that its smallish but with lots of cars in it and would take alot of time to check every windscreen for a ticket.

Its all done with ticket barriers so no one would have to physically check for tickets.. I agree its probably to stop people not staying there getting free parking but they have to validate your ticket to say you have paid so you can leave so they could just do that anyway for people staying but miss out the paying bit..

I think that almost makes sense!

£7 a day is way better than the £20 a day I think it was that we paid for the Hilton in London for Proms :P

Plus we were actually staying at the Marriott and they charged £25 a day or something ridiculous so travelling back and forth I think for the weekend we paid almost £100 in parking fees!

Edited by Mrs Jacob Black

�7 a day is way better than the �20 a day I think it was that we paid for the Hilton in London for Proms :P

Plus we were actually staying at the Marriott and they charged �25 a day or something ridiculous so travelling back and forth I think for the weekend we paid almost �100 in parking fees!

:(:huh:

�7 a day is way better than the �20 a day I think it was that we paid for the Hilton in London for Proms :P

Plus we were actually staying at the Marriott and they charged �25 a day or something ridiculous so travelling back and forth I think for the weekend we paid almost �100 in parking fees!

:(:huh:

Im pretty sure those were the exact faces we all pulled when we saw how much we had to pay!!

I know, its absolutely shocking what they can get away with in London!

To top things off, we also got stuck in the carpark on our way in between the barrier that lifts one they give u a ticket and a metal shutter that failed to open once we got past the lifted barrier :YAHOO::wub:

Ooh, and actually before that happened we couldnt find the turn off to actually get to the car park entrance and we accidentally got stuck in a toll area and didnt realise we couldnt just circle out of it before the actual toll area and got a £60 fine!! :wub:

Im actually quite happy with paying £21 compared with what ive paid in the past, lol :D

Yep, Cardiff is a nightmare isnt it Heulwen

We went shopping one afternoon and decided to go to the cinema to finish, and it cost £12 to park the car for that time.

Heulwen, just in case you didnt know, the new st davids 2 carpark has a brilliant after 5pm rate of £1 for the whole evening! Fab for Cardiff gigs! ;)

Ooh, brilliant - where's the entrance for that? I tend to park in (what used to be voucher parking, but are now the pay & display) onstreet parking if I go in after 6pm but that's really handy to know.

I only noticed yesterday that the multistorey opposite Cineworld (David Street?) has been taken away too! :D

For some reason I only go charged £7 for parking??? I paid the £224.25 I think it was for the room and only £7 on top for parking not sure if this happened to anyone else but I was quite impressed as it cost me £14 last time for two days at Proms. So gotta admit I can't complain and th extra £14 got put towards the silly amounts of money I spent at Incognito Comics I think their called.

For some reason I only go charged £7 for parking??? I paid the £224.25 I think it was for the room and only £7 on top for parking not sure if this happened to anyone else but I was quite impressed as it cost me £14 last time for two days at Proms. So gotta admit I can't complain and th extra £14 got put towards the silly amounts of money I spent at Incognito Comics I think their called.

You stayed at the hotel, then the rate is discounted.

You stayed at the hotel, then the rate is discounted.

But it said on the website it was £7 a day for parking and I only got charged £7 for the whole weekend. I got charged £14 for parking at proms and only stayed 2 nights. Thats what threw me.