nice big guest Announcement on Monday at 7pm

showmasters

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think counting down the minutes is 'reaching a new low' you don't get out much!

37 minutes biatch! :YAHOO:

The irony. It's just too much.

In the words of the immortal Inigo Montoya, "That word... I don't think it means what you think it means" :D

I suggest we all work ourselves up into a frenzy predicting more and more outlandish and completely unrealistic guests - and then following the announcement slump into an impossibly deep well of dissapointment and despair when the guest fails to meet our impossibly high expectations!

If you think counting down the minutes is 'reaching a new low' you don't get out much!

37 minutes biatch! :YAHOO:

The irony. It's just too much.

In the words of the immortal Inigo Montoya, "That word... I don't think it means what you think it means" :D

You think I need to get out more, and yet you're almost literally counting down the seconds until you get to find out on whom you'll get the pleasure of spending £20 in return for a half interested smile and a signature.

Oh, I know what irony means.

Edited by MartyMichaels

You think I need to get out more, and yet you're almost literally counting down the seconds until you get to find out on whom you'll get the pleasure of spending £20 in return for a half interested smile and a signature.

No - I can see that you *think* you do. In fact I suppose what you're doing now is exhibiting a form of 'meta-irony'.

Anyhow, does it really make any difference to you if people look forward to an announcement? Nah, not really. So back in the cage with you!

No - I can see that you *think* you do. In fact I suppose what you're doing now is exhibiting a form of 'meta-irony'.

Anyhow, does it really make any difference to you if people look forward to an announcement? Nah, not really. So back in the cage with you!

Read some Kierkegaard.

Anyway, it's Shatner. Which is pretty cool. Not 9 pages of speculation cool and an explosion of people logging in causing the board to load slower than a Commodore 64 game, but cool nonetheless.

Edited 'cause I spelled Kierkegaard wrong.

Edited by MartyMichaels

Read some Kierkegaard.

Anyway, it's Shatner. Which is pretty cool. Not 9 pages of speculation cool and an explosion of people logging in causing the board to load slower than a Commodore 64 game, but cool nonetheless.

Edited 'cause I spelled Kierkegaard wrong.

Ah, the old 'name drop'. Yawn.

What I suggest is that, instead of listening to Alanis Morrisette lyrics, you take a look at how propositions of irony are structured, and what qualities each 'side of the equation' must have. You could start with 'can a subjective non-evidential view presented by the observer be used as a factual truth for the purposes of the identification of an ironic statement'? Or, 'can sarcasm be presented as fact for the purposes of a statement of irony, or does that engender meta-irony on the part of the observer'?

Anyway. in a nutshell, let people get excited about upcoming guest announcements in threads created to get people excited about an upcoming guest announcement. If it bothers you, don't read it.