Guest announcement for Autographica

showmasters

I met her when she was at an early Autographica and she was great.

Rod Taylor was booked for that show too but had to cancel. Be great if they could get him this time.

Now that we've had a change to the talks with an actor talk at Autographica with Leslie, I'd love there to be a talk with Tippi too. So many great memories she could share with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've been looking on the website but can't find any info on Tippi Hedren's appearance or pre-orders.

Will there be the opportunity for pre-orders - or is there already but I'm being blind?!

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris :thumbup:

So far only some of the guests prices are up on the pre order page..Dave said that he will be putting the rest up one of these days (including Tippi I'm sure!)

So you're not blind.. :D

Regards,Shane.

• 4 weeks later...

I met Tippi at one of the Autographica shows back in the Northampton days, very professional, great signature, but what I remember most was I was queueing up for Milvina Dean who was signing up on a raised stage with Titanic Collectables and Tippi was up on stage behind me looking at it, and I think picked up a Titanic plate and then dropped it, or knocked some other stuff over, a bit embarassing all round !!!

Hope you guys enjoy meeting her.

would like to see Rod taylor at some future convention.Met him once at a service station on M6, such a nice guy. I'm sure he'd love to do one as he seemed shocked that people remember him as he is totally ignored by the UK media.he never gets invited to anything.Shame because hes a good actor.

Did Tippi before and shes a delight to meet.

• 1 month later...

What's the likelihood of Tippi Hedren having as long a queue as Leslie Nielsen's at the start of the day? Will she be as busy?

I'm hoping she will have 8 x 10 photos at her table from both The Birds and Marnie.

Edited by SunSpeed

There are other guests who don't shake hands. It dosen't bother me that much at signing events if the guest dosen't want to shake hands.

I quite agree - don't know why people get so annoyed by it. Yes the majority of people are 'clean', but for every 9 people who observe proper hygiene, there's 1 person who just been scratching his testes 5 minutes beforehand, or has just slipped out from a number 2 without washing his hands.

Watching people walk out of a toilet cubicle without washing their hands (it happens a lot) quickly makes you realize it's a perfectly reasonable rule. If you meet 200 people in a day, that's 20 people who's hand you don't want to be shaking.

Watching people walk out of a toilet cubicle without washing their hands (it happens a lot) quickly makes you realize it's a perfectly reasonable rule. If you meet 200 people in a day, that's 20 people who's hand you don't want to be shaking.

Just think - every time that you do shake a guest's hand, you're effectively shaking the hand of everyone else who's already done so (unless, of course, the guest is nifty with the hand gel).

Enjoy your lunchtime sandwiches, folks. :D

Just think - every time that you do shake a guest's hand, you're effectively shaking the hand of everyone else who's already done so (unless, of course, the guest is nifty with the hand gel).

Enjoy your lunchtime sandwiches, folks. :P

lmao :D:WINCE::WAVE::WAVE::D

Enjoy your lunchtime sandwiches, folks. :WINCE:

Absolutely right. Just avoid : -

* Touching your eyes

* Touching your nose

* Touching your mouth

* Handling food

...Until you know your hands are clean. It's really hard. But once you get that down, you'll never get a cold again - and you'll avoid 9 out of 10 bugs as well. Don't get OCD about about it though, because life's too short!

Edited by MikeDonovan