How Things Work

Too Tall

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The meal at ET1 went for around 600 and at ET2 300 I reckon it'll be around the 300 mark again this time tbh

i think it will be more than 300 but not 600 cos ET1 did have cullens where as ET2 and ET3 dont but iwill be sat at the auction waiting for the meal :gorgeous: *tries to sit on hands*

AGain, I am new........I thought the auctions were''on paper''? Or is this another type of auction that they have? I read a thread where there were raffle tickets to be bought and auctions for 10 spaces at dinner(or tea or something) with a guest. Thanks for your help.:WINCE:

The meal at ET1 went for around 600 and at ET2 300 I reckon it'll be around the 300 mark again this time tbh

i think it will be more than 300 but not 600 cos ET1 did have cullens where as ET2 and ET3 dont but iwill be sat at the auction waiting for the meal :gorgeous: *tries to sit on hands*

AGain, I am new........I thought the auctions were''on paper''? Or is this another type of auction that they have? I read a thread where there were raffle tickets to be bought and auctions for 10 spaces at dinner(or tea or something) with a guest. Thanks for your help.:uhoh:

Those are the guest encounters, and yes, bidding for those are on paper and two places are raffled off. The guest encounters do involve tea and not dinner.

• Showmasters Admin

Photo Op's previously have been £10.00 each, however this may have increased this year :) x

Some have been £15 (and I think Peter may have been £20), that's why I'm awaiting an official list from the office.

I really really wanna "win" a guest encounter with charlie together with my best friend. I think we´re going to bid both.. well, we have to bid both, because you can only bid for one place, right?

hope that it will be possible to be in the same encounter..

what do you think, how expensive the encounter with charlie will be? I´m not sure if i´m willing to pay more than 50 pounds...

*sorry for my questions, but it´s my first convention...*

I really really wanna "win" a guest encounter with charlie together with my best friend. I think we´re going to bid both.. well, we have to bid both, because you can only bid for one place, right?

hope that it will be possible to be in the same encounter..

what do you think, how expensive the encounter with charlie will be? I´m not sure if i´m willing to pay more than 50 pounds...

*sorry for my questions, but it´s my first convention...*

You can only bid for one place each, so you and your friend will both have to bid.

However, i honestly have no idea how much the prices will go up to, because this will be my first Eternal Twilight convention too, sorry :P

no problem :)

okay, another question.. (i´m so sorry) Will it be possible to pay for the photoshootings or the encounters by credit card? lol.. you know... don´t know if i have enough money with me.. would be good to know.

• Moderators

There is a cash machine, but apparently it was broken a few weeks ago, and even when it is working it charges you to take money out.

There are free cash machines a short walk away (through the NEC) at the train station though.

Now I'm confused, it may be because it's late and I have had a drink but I read that guest encounter instructions about how it works and it went straight over my poor little head!!!!!

Is there anyone out there that can simplify it even more please or if not then I guess I shall have to take another look at it in the clearer light of the morrow!!!!

• Moderators

It's a lot simpler in practise than it looks written down. Basically the 10 people who bid the most win. They all pay the same amount, which is the smallest that any of them bid (you never pay MORE than you bid.)

If you bid the same amount as the 10th person, but you bid AFTER they did, they will get it not you.

And if you come back a while after you bid and realise that now, say, 13 people have bid more than you, you can cross out your old bid and put another higher one at the bottom.

It's a lot simpler in practise than it looks written down. Basically the 10 people who bid the most win. They all pay the same amount, which is the smallest that any of them bid (you never pay MORE than you bid.)

If you bid the same amount as the 10th person, but you bid AFTER they did, they will get it not you.

And if you come back a while after you bid and realise that now, say, 13 people have bid more than you, you can cross out your old bid and put another higher one at the bottom.

ah... thank you :) makes sense!! :( so you could put like.... £300 down just to be safe..but if like the top 10 people include just like....£20 you only pay that??

• Showmasters Admin

ah... thank you :) makes sense!! :P so you could put like.... £300 down just to be safe..but if like the top 10 people include just like....£20 you only pay that??

Yep, that's it.