How Things Work

Too Tall

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm... i'l put down something i defen have on my card then card then, but also something high.... just to be safe :D

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you right - but that plan will only work with a high bid on one guest encounter and an affordable bid on a second guest encounter. You can only have one bid on the same guest encounter at the same time.

hmm... i'l put down something i defen have on my card then card then, but also something high.... just to be safe ;)

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you right - but that plan will only work with a high bid on one guest encounter and an affordable bid on a second guest encounter. You can only have one bid on the same guest encounter at the same time.

Awh i'm all confused again now :(

Awh i'm all confused again now :(

Maybe I am totally misunderstanding you. But to me it sounded like you wanted to place a very high bid (let's say 500) and then a low bid and then decide which one you want to honor?

EDIT: If you meant anything else than that you are okay with what you planned.

EDIT 2: Deleted my long explanation because I understood things wrong and don't want to confuse anyone further. ;)

Edited by Queen_Sindel

My understanding of what she said was that she would basically put in the highest bid she could that she would be able to afford with the money on her card... maybe I'm wrong though.

That was the second version of how I understood it. But I wasn't totally sure, so I thought I check. I just don't want anyone to be stuck with a bid that he/she can't afford.

@ Tiffanyy: If etmuse is right and you only meant one bid that's going as high as your card allows you, then ignore what I posted, everything is okay then. Sorry for confusing you!

Edited by Queen_Sindel

haha yeah i meant, i will put in my highest bid i can afford to start with and then just leave it there... and then hopefully i will be in the top 10 but someone will have bidded lower in order for me NOT to have to spend the amount i bidded....

but incase my bid is involved but the lowest (i.e. i have to pay that much anyway) that the bid i DO put in will be affordable :)

if that makes sense?? haha!

Yes, that makes sense now. ;)

Again, sorry for creating confusion. I've seen some odd bidding on the guest encounters before and just wanetd to make sure you are okay. It took 4 people to explain to someone at Chevron why she actually made it into a guest encounter. :(

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Yes, that makes sense now. ;)

Again, sorry for creating confusion. I've seen some odd bidding on the guest encounters before and just wanetd to make sure you are okay.

thank you very much :) better to get it all sorted then me messing it all up at the time :) :) :)

• Moderators

Usually they are put up in the morning sometime and you can bid until maybe an hour before the encounter. If space on the piece of paper runs out, they will just add another one on the bottom - I've seen it happen at Hub cons.

I would never pay 200 for a guest encounter.. way to expensive.

i really hope that i am not the only person who thinks that way.. I mean, it´s an amazing opportunity, but i don´t know.. i definitely wouldn´t pay that much for it.

Well, we´ll see. I really hope, that it won´t be that expensive.

• Moderators

I, like QS, have never been to an ET, but I've seen at least one go to about £130 at a Hub. (I didn't win... I had dropped out of re-bidding when it got to £100...) Of course that was the only GE that guest was doing all weekend. With all of the guests at ET3 doing several, they /probably/ won't get so high...