The think of others thread

hobbitfanatic

Hi all

I'm starting this thread like I did for last ET and please don't think I'm trying to spoil your fun this is a request to make it better for everyone.

Some people don't realise that what you think might be fun might spoil it for others. E.g screaming really loud it's hurts other peoples ears. This means others can then not hear the talks.

Please don't bug the guests a lot of the time guests have left the parties because they got crowded. Also by spending the whole time with them means others can not talk to them.

Please remember that you may know a lot about the guests but they propably have never met you or if they have they might not remember you they will have met a lot of fans before. If you to forward you will scare them and they might not want to come to events again.

Pushing in a lot of people think it's ok to save seats for their friends or to move into the gold area. Remember other people have spent a lot of money getting their tickets some even sat up all night to get the best. Just think how upset you would be if someone pushed in front of you who has spent over £100 more on a ticket than you.

All these kind of thoughts for others will help make it better for everyone.

• Moderators

I do think we have a lot less 'new' attendees now compared to how it was when the Twi cons first started. These have managed to bring in loads of people that were never aware of conventions before, and therefore how to act.

I like to think that people have formed friendships, and know lots of others, and how better things can be when they are calm and respectful.

There will always be one or two that can spoil it for everyone else, and that's not exclusive to these events. I'd be very surprised if anything overly bad happens this time.

I didn't think the screaming at ET2 was that bad tbh and I've gotten used to the guests being scared away from the parties so not too bothered anymore.

As for the being "too forward" thing has anyone actually ever done this? Really cos I've never seen it happen at an ET and tbh I think the guests will probably have experienced it before even if so but I have never seen this happen so erm ok.

The pushing in thing gets dealt with it happened once at ET2 and they've said they're gonna be better with the managing the tidal wave of people who go in people are called in groups of 10 through the ranks and seat saving is not allowed so really if you spot anyone doing this you can do something about this however silver and standard cannot even get past into the gold seating area as far as I have seen.

I have never been to a convention before, but I totally agree with and understand those requests! Can I ask something though?

I understand gold is at the front, silver behind and standard behind them, but are seats numbered or anything? Is it obvious where silver area ends and standard begins? Or is it the first standard people to arrive get the front standard rows and later arrivals get the back rows?

Thank you!

I have never been to a convention before, but I totally agree with and understand those requests! Can I ask something though?

I understand gold is at the front, silver behind and standard behind them, but are seats numbered or anything? Is it obvious where silver area ends and standard begins? Or is it the first standard people to arrive get the front standard rows and later arrivals get the back rows?

Thank you!

From what I remember last time is that Gold had say the first two rows reserved and the rest was basically done by group numbers, so silver would go in ahead of standard etc. So if you don't have a seat reserved on the first talk of the day but once you have a seat that would be yours for the rest of the day.

Correct me if I'm wrong :thumbup:

Thank you!

Theres normaly a system in loading all the Golds into the hall first, then silver, then standard, will also normally go by ticket/group number, so the earlyer you got the ticket the earlyer you get into the hall. Also the Crew will show you where each sections are, then you keep that seat for the rest of the talks that day. (going from Chevron events)

Edited by mojoe

Yeah i have the same question really about seats.

At collectormania i didnt understand the seats at all, for the twi talk, and people who had bought tickets after me (and i mean some of them must have been at least weeks after), had better seats then i did.....it was really confusing and i wasnt really pleased about it at all. Would be good to know the seats are in number order or something :thumbup: Im a shorty, so being able to see is always a nightmare anyway lol

Edited by Team Paul

I've been to 3 showmasters events before, and haven't really had any of the problems mentioned, because the attendees have always been very respectful. However, this will be my first Twilight con, so i have no past experience in this area, so i hope that people continue to have respect for the guests and the other attendees :)

At collectormania i didnt understand the seats at all, for the twi talk, and people who had bought tickets after me (and i mean some of them must have been at least weeks after), had better seats then i did.....it was really confusing and i wasnt really pleased about it at all. Would be good to know the seats are in number order or something :thumbup: Im a shorty, so being able to see is always a nightmare anyway lol

For the Massive Events shows the seats are not numbered, this is only for the talks at LFACC and partly Collectormania.

What mojoe and xxobsessedxx is correct: Gold Pass Holders get called in first and have a reserved section. Then silver and standard holders will be called, all three groups in groups of 10. So Gold 1 gets to go before Gold 32 for example.

• Moderators

At collectormania i didnt understand the seats at all, for the twi talk, and people who had bought tickets after me (and i mean some of them must have been at least weeks after), had better seats then i did.....it was really confusing and i wasnt really pleased about it at all. Would be good to know the seats are in number order or something :( Im a shorty, so being able to see is always a nightmare anyway lol

They don't use the same system at the conventions as they do at the signing events :thumbup:

• Showmasters Admin

At collectormania i didnt understand the seats at all, for the twi talk, and people who had bought tickets after me (and i mean some of them must have been at least weeks after), had better seats then i did.....it was really confusing and i wasnt really pleased about it at all. Would be good to know the seats are in number order or something ;) Im a shorty, so being able to see is always a nightmare anyway lol

They don't use the same system at the conventions as they do at the signing events :smile:

Indeed we don't, nd from now on the talks at LFCCs and CM events will purely be in ticket number order with number 1 starting at the front left.

I think the only thing that annoyed me at proms was the photo takers at the party - too much of the guests time was taken up with people having photos with them, even though we should have had them!

I didn't really see any screaming, but I think that our ages and mental states we are a little past all that, and I'm sure one of the guests commented on how different the UK fans are to some of the others.

Anyway, as long as we behave in a respectful manner the event will be amazing!!!

At collectormania i didnt understand the seats at all, for the twi talk, and people who had bought tickets after me (and i mean some of them must have been at least weeks after), had better seats then i did.....it was really confusing and i wasnt really pleased about it at all. Would be good to know the seats are in number order or something ;) Im a shorty, so being able to see is always a nightmare anyway lol

They don't use the same system at the conventions as they do at the signing events :smile:

Indeed we don't, nd from now on the talks at LFCCs and CM events will purely be in ticket number order with number 1 starting at the front left.

Excellent :smile: Thanks David and Too Tall for answering my question. Its getting so close now eekkk cant wait ;)

I think the only thing that annoyed me at proms was the photo takers at the party - too much of the guests time was taken up with people having photos with them, even though we should have had them!

I didn't really see any screaming, but I think that our ages and mental states we are a little past all that, and I'm sure one of the guests commented on how different the UK fans are to some of the others.

Anyway, as long as we behave in a respectful manner the event will be amazing!!!

In regards to photos at proms Charlie loved it, he looooooves the attention lol.

I made a similar post to this on charliebewley.co.uk and he replied with this

Charlie said,

January 3, 2010 @ 09:13 · Edit

speak for yaself talie….!! i love people jumping on me !!!!

boing.

lol.

speak for yaself talie….!! i love people jumping on me !!!!

boing.

lol.

now that, is just asking for trouble. LOL.

That's what I said to him in reply! lol i was like dudeeeeeee you've just dug your own grave