Opening Ceremony

MyMidnightSun

What time does the Opening Ceremony start? I was thinking that it was around the same time as ET2, but I can't remember if it was 6:30pm or 7pm.

My friend and I are busing it from Edinburgh, and we're leaning towards the cheap option of coming at 9am arriving at 17:55 in Birmingham somewhere (Dighall, Digball, Digleith or something, I'm not good with English names lol), and will need to get to the NEC - we're staying at the Hilton and obviously need to check in etc before hand.

If we come at this time, will we get to the NEC on time? Being Australian (with no sense of direction and a mutual dislike of public transport), I'm sure we'll end up halfway back to Edinburgh when we are supposed to be at the Hilton!!

What time does the Opening Ceremony start? I was thinking that it was around the same time as ET2, but I can't remember if it was 6:30pm or 7pm.

My friend and I are busing it from Edinburgh, and we're leaning towards the cheap option of coming at 9am arriving at 17:55 in Birmingham somewhere (Dighall, Digball, Digleith or something, I'm not good with English names lol), and will need to get to the NEC - we're staying at the Hilton and obviously need to check in etc before hand.

If we come at this time, will we get to the NEC on time? Being Australian (with no sense of direction and a mutual dislike of public transport), I'm sure we'll end up halfway back to Edinburgh when we are supposed to be at the Hilton!!

Don't know the time yet, but if it helps, you're probably arriving in Digbeth?

lol Digbeth that's the one! So Digbeth isn't some small village nowhere near Birmingham but just in the Brum county? Not to offend, but as I said, English locations and addresses confuse the hell out of me.

So catching the bus that ends up in Brum at 17:55 would be no problem then? We'd have time to get to the Hilton for the ceremony, estimating that it will start around 6:30-7pm? (I'm going to take a leap of faith here and pray that the Hilton has porterage, otherwise they're not the family four star hoteliers I thought they were)