Caprica

liannalorne

Glad you enjoyed it. It's been a few months since I saw the pilot, will re-watch the DVD over the weekend, so I'm ready for next Tuesday's episode.

Was lucky enough to meet Alessandra Torresani at the end of last year, she plays the part of Zoe Greystone and I got her to sign my DVD cover.

Lets hope the show does well and SM's are able to get plenty of the actors over to the UK at some point.

It's on Sky One, think there is some repeat showings this weekend on sky 2.

I enjoyed it, got to admit it took a second viewing to really appreciate it.

Think it is a show which may struggle to find the right audience. People who watched BSG for action and space battles etc will be disappointed and those who might enjoy the style of the show may be put off if they are not into sci-fi and just view it as 'another' sci-fi show.

I wasn't impressed with the trailers Sky1 used, if I knew nothing about the show or how it tied in with BSG, I don't think it would of got my attention enough to watch it.

I hope i'm wrong and the show does well enough to get a long run, from what I've seen so far it's got great potential.

I do miss Starbuck, Baltar and the rest of the BSG regulars tho...:YAHOO:

Have enjoyed Caprica thus far, can see it becoming an amazing series.

To me its hard not to compare what the reaction Caprica will most likely be to BSG fans to the reaction Stargate Universe was to fans of its predecessors.

Guess I'm one of the few who enjoys SG1, SGA, SGU, BSG & Caprica.

I'm really enjoying it, you are not alone.

I hear that it's proving popular with people who don't normally watch sci-fi.

It's early days yet but has the potential to be a terrific series. Those expecting BSG action every week will stay disapointed, as it's a totally different type of show.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, really enjoying it, and am quite surprised about it as the initail premise didn't fill me with much optimisum.

Hoping that they pace the series right, reckon two series will be about right to tell a really good story up to the cylon war without too many filler episodes.

• 2 months later...

ok I missed ep 1, seen eps 2 and 3

humm, its ok,but I dont think im gonna stay with it, I like the joseph adama and daniel graystone confrontations and the actors portraying them.

but the high school stuff bores me, the secret society stuff has a feeling of seen it all before, the robot cylon is still to bulky and transformary, the news reports bore me, outside of the 2 main families there is alot of blah and alot of characters i dont much care about.

im also a little bored of virtual reality and avatars and human cylons

if I stick with it i think its only down to the drama of the adamas vs the greystones and how it ties in wtih battlestar, but I dont know cos all the minus points above just bore me a little, not what I wanted in caprica.

to be fair though ive not seen the pilot either

ok ive now seen to the mid season break, my initial post above still is my view, not sure if im gonna continue when it returns, might let it go like i did fringe

there is just to much teenage (boring) angst "i wish my daddy was dead" crap, I dont care!!

and i find the religious secret army, secret movement stuff boring also, its used to much in tv shows now and its use in caprica isnt all that interesting

also just not enough is happening to keep me intrigued, the only things that might tempt me to watch when it returns is I do like the 2 main leads of J adama and D graystone and teryl rothery is in it who ive always fancied

but im not sure if its enough, there is to much tv im into or getting into, im more ruthless with my choices these days lol

though if i see them in bargin bucket dvd i might give them another whirl

Planning on speaking to Ron D Moore this weekend, so will try to find out the plans for Caprica, i.e. will the story arc cover the Cylon War, if it does, expect the action and pace to pick up over the next part of the season, as they will need to develop the cylons quicker.

Yes Caprica has it's faults but it has great potential, will let you know what clues if any I find out about the shows direction.

Also, looks like there is going to be a bit of a shortage of the perennial favourite sci-fi shows next year, so may be worth sticking with it.

Planning on speaking to Ron D Moore this weekend, so will try to find out the plans for Caprica, i.e. will the story arc cover the Cylon War, if it does, expect the action and pace to pick up over the next part of the season, as they will need to develop the cylons quicker.

Yes Caprica has it's faults but it has great potential, will let you know what clues if any I find out about the shows direction.

Also, looks like there is going to be a bit of a shortage of the perennial favourite sci-fi shows next year, so may be worth sticking with it.

im sure i read a quote from him describing the show, i forget it now but the jist was it wont cover the cylon wars, caprica was made with trying to get more females to watch it as BS was mostly a male audience. so they wanted to get away from the hard scfi space battles stuff

shame, cos the cylon wars is what i wanted caprica to be mostly or at least building into it.

teenage angst, virtual reality and religious cults were not what i was hoping from caprica

Well Ron told me that the second half of the first season will see both the pace and action ramped up a lot compared with the first half.

He hasn't yet decided (assuming that the season gets renewed) at what part in the history of the twelve colonies the Caprica story arc will end, however he has identified three or four significant events where the story could conclude. So no clues on whether the Cylon War would feature at some point.

I get the impression that the show will find it's feet and identity in the next ten or so episodes. Hope you decide to give it a second chance as Ron seems just as passionate about it as he was with BSG.

• 1 month later...

Think it's on Syfy in the states but still on Sky One here, well thats what happened with the first half of the season.

Not surprised it looks good, Esai Morales and Ron Moore both said that the second half will really get it's claws into viewers...can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

i missed the last eps before the mid season break, but wasnt all that impressed with caprica, to much teenage angst, to much religion which we had plenty of in BSG, not enough robot cylons! to much virtual reality.

the actors are pretty good though. but i think its a dvd in the sale purchase for me now, not going out of my way for it i dont think. fringe also went this way for me, but at 15 quid i might get that box set now.