Lost Season 6 - Episodes 1 & 2

DavidB

• Moderators

Lostfinalseasonverticalposter.jpg

EPISODES 1 & 2

LA X

Notes:

No pre-airing spoilers.

Once the episode has aired in the US then all discussion about the episode is fine.

Also no discussion of any 'next time on..' parts please, as many people don't watch them.

Ok So iv seen LAX1 cant seem to find 2 :(

Well...I dont know whats happening. Its like they have been split in 2 like alternate universes...I was so happy when Juliette was alive then for her to die again!! thats just mean!! and Booooooone!! I didnt notice Claire on the plane! everyone else seemed to be there so maybe in her Universe she kept the baby and didnt get on the plane at all??

I need to see LAX2 :-/

Spoilers for both parts!

Absolutely amazing! Although everyone more or less knew it was the case, it was still absolutely amazing to actually hear Flocke say he is Smokey. That scene at the beginning when we see the island submerged under the sea gave me chills (minus the bad CGI)... Off to re-re-watch!

Edited by Lambourne

Ok So iv seen LAX1 cant seem to find 2 :(

Well...I dont know whats happening. Its like they have been split in 2 like alternate universes...I was so happy when Juliette was alive then for her to die again!! thats just mean!! and Booooooone!! I didnt notice Claire on the plane! everyone else seemed to be there so maybe in her Universe she kept the baby and didnt get on the plane at all??

I need to see LAX2 :-/

Downloading wise...some prat did Paert 1, but not 2. However, there are double episodes out there. End of Part 2 is wicked.

• Moderators

The island being underwater was awesome, but the CGI did make me laugh lots :D

I honestly have no idea where to even start discussion these episodes though. Absolutely insane in the best way possible.

Speaking as one of the few people to have seen it legally :poki: .....

I always thought that Sayid had outstayed his welcome as a character. He wasn't the eye candy of Sawyer, the conscience of Jack, the heart of Hurley etc, and like may others before him, he was due for the TV scrapheap. But now it seems he is going to be much more important than anyone anticipated. Was it me, or was his closing line more in his own (cockney) accent than he would have liked ?

No sign of Maggie Grace .... hmmmm !

Juliet says it worked - and I think she's right. It seems the motif of the series will be redemption. They were all screwed up and up sh12 creak before the crash (ok except maybe Rose and Bernard), and IF the plane had landed, their lives would have continued down the pan. Death, jail, daddy issues, shady business deals etc.

Having said that, it can't fully be a "what-if" since Desmond being on the plane at all is factually inaccurate.:D

The biggest headf*ck on telly is back !!! :poki::poki::poki::poki::poki::poki:

Edited by dufresne

• Moderators

Maggie, I believe, is down to schedules, but they still hope to have her at some point. I guess they did the best they could by fitting it into the 'differences' at that point.

I loved all the little differences from the original, plus just seeing some of the little seen supporting characters on the plane too.

We still have some we've not seen at all yet - Michael/Walt at least? Not that I'm sure what they could ever do with Walt now in that timeline!

I'm pretty sure they would get away with re-casting "younger" Walt if it was absolutely necessary, but I'm sure they are working to avoid it. Hey - for all we know, MDK recorded some stuff in 2004/5 that they can drop in now :lol:

The only justification I can see for killing Juliet off, is to renew tensions between Jack and Sawyer. And losing such a great character better be worth treading back over THAT old ground !

And why has nobody given an honorary mention yet to the legend that is Arzt ??

(ok except maybe Rose and Bernard),

But before the island Rose had cancer that the island cured, so even their life was screwed up in that way.

Did all the actors go back and refilm? bet it wernt easy cause they will have all changed a bit in the last 5/6 years. It really made me miss Boone even more :lol: I feel that they cut him out way too soon, he had so much to give.

I cant believe they brought Juliet back then killed her again!!! (even though she didnt officially die last seson) maybe she'll pop up in the alternate universe. I wouldnt mind if Sawyer killed Jack in revenge

Wonder why the airport lady refered to Sun as Miss Paik? and we couldnt tell wether Claire was pregnant or not in the taxi.

Edited by C.Parkers-Girl

• Moderators

Maybe Sun and Jin aren't even together, who knows.

There's no doubt going to be some huge differences in the lives of the characters.

Claire could have a girl or lose a baby or whatever. Michael might not even have Walt anymore (which would be an easy way out). Stuff like that. But if they're all 'destined' to come together in the end, it'll be interesting to see how it's forced.

That scene at the beginning when we see the island submerged under the sea gave me chills (minus the bad CGI)... Off to re-re-watch!

The island being underwater was awesome, but the CGI did make me laugh lots :D

Good god, that was awful! Nearly spoilt the whole thing for me until I saw the foot. They really shoulda tried harder on that...

Having said that, it can't fully be a "what-if" since Desmond being on the plane at all is factually inaccurate.:headscratch:

However, if something happened to make the island go underwater sometime soon after the 70s, then there woulda been no need for Desmond to have gone there and become stuck, so he's then free to go on holiday to Oz!

And why has nobody given an honorary mention yet to the legend that is Arzt ??

Yay, I saw him!!

I wasn't really impressed with the CGI, or the fact that Charlie's hair is totally different. Boone was fantastic to see, but he wasn't acting Boone like- he was acting like his character in the Vampire Diaries, which was annoying.

Thing about the island being no more is that, all the stuff that has happened to the 816 lot before the crash, wouldn't have happened. Like Desmond as I said before; Hurley with the bad luck numbers- he said he has good luck, so as the island and the numbers don't exist, then they can't be bad luck... Who knows?!

It is interesting how they'll play it now... will they do Juliet and Ben alternate realities if they'd never been on the island? Will there be totally new flashbacks as per old school Lost? Humm!

I will soooooooo not be impressed if it turns out that the alternative reality we are now seeing where the plane didnt crash is actually the real reality and that the island is what could have happened, if that goes down im flying to the States to have words with the owners.

Oh and Sayid = Jacob??

Well, I watched on Sky One last night and i'm just totally confused about practically everything thats going on.

Only 14 episodes until it all becomes clear.....!

This season is actually 18 episodes long now. Just 16 more.

www.lostpedia.com on the homepage it says next episode;

UK - 8pm on 9/2/10

US - 9pm on 9.2.10

surely this is wrong? we never ger Lost before the US and we never get it on a tuesdsay :-/

Sky are advertising for this Friday.

Watched it yesterday and enjoyed it, bit confusing though.

Watching two different timelines/universes is interesting, but will probably cause more confusion than usual. But why did the original lot go back to the time of the hatch being blown up, rather than staying where they were, or just becoming the people in the other timeline? :thumbup:

How many timelines are we actually watching? Obviously the newly created one where they never crashed, then there's Jake, Kate, Sawyer, etc on the island, but Locke, Ben, Sun, etc were on another timeline, have Jack and co joined their timeline? :wub:

Might need to rewatch :P

Watched it yesterday and enjoyed it, bit confusing though.

Watching two different timelines/universes is interesting, but will probably cause more confusion than usual. But why did the original lot go back to the time of the hatch being blown up, rather than staying where they were, or just becoming the people in the other timeline? :thumbup:

How many timelines are we actually watching? Obviously the newly created one where they never crashed, then there's Jake, Kate, Sawyer, etc on the island, but Locke, Ben, Sun, etc were on another timeline, have Jack and co joined their timeline? :wub:

Might need to rewatch :P

I hope this helps slightly :P

The people in 1977 have now joined the people in 2007, so there's only one time-line we're seeing on the island.

For one thing, we're not sure that the bomb made the island sink in the parallel time-line, but if the survivors in 1977 did cause that then it creates a paradox. If they blow up a bomb that stops them ever being on the island, then they won't ever be there to detonate the bomb in the first place, so that time-line can't actually exist.

Therefore, we're seeing two time-lines coexisting at the same time. One where the island isn't there to crash on (which will radically alter some characters lives) and another (the original time-line) supposedly where the bomb didn't work/they just created the Incident.

I hope this helps slightly :P

The people in 1977 have now joined the people in 2007, so there's only one time-line we're seeing on the island.

For one thing, we're not sure that the bomb made the island sink in the parallel time-line, but if the survivors in 1977 did cause that then it creates a paradox. If they blow up a bomb that stops them ever being on the island, then they won't ever be there to detonate the bomb in the first place, so that time-line can't actually exist.

Therefore, we're seeing two time-lines coexisting at the same time. One where the island isn't there to crash on (which will radically alter some characters lives) and another (the original time-line) supposedly where the bomb didn't work/they just created the Incident.

Makes sense apart from the fact that they've now joined the others in 2007, why? If the bomb did indeed go off, they shouldn't even be alive, and if somehow they were to survive it, why jump in time again?

Also, how did Juliet know that it worked? :D

• Moderators

It's possible that at some moment, she existed in both realities, hence knowing it worked. It would explain that there's some sort of link between the two.

I highly doubt the "why did this exact thing happen?" questions will be answered. Some things just need to because they drive the story. I don't think exact fact is important for many things in this show.

Agreed. Turning a wheel to move the island isn't exact science either, so you kinda just have to accept that it blew them back in time :gorgeous:

You ever seen Fringe? *And no spoilers of S2 please because I'm on Sky1 time* but in S1 Olivia got glimpses of an alternate reality, so I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened in Lost. Maybe Juliet's concious jumped to the other time-line, she clearly wanted to go have coffee with someone! And Jack seemed to be having deja vu in the plane. The two time-lines have got to merge at some point to make it all worth while I think.

Edited by Decode

• Moderators

Exactly. As soon as we saw them go down the sci-fi route, we knew there would never be any exact logical reasoning behind a lot of things that happen in the show.

Personally I'm more interested in getting answers about the relationships and the history of the island/people than straight scientific fact about why certain things work as they do.

I wasn't really impressed with the CGI, or the fact that Charlie's hair is totally different. Boone was fantastic to see, but he wasn't acting Boone like- he was acting like his character in the Vampire Diaries, which was annoying.

lol the Charlie hair thing bugged me too - I wanted him to be original Charlie with Charlie hair! I know it's picky but they were supposed to all look like how they did in the beginning and he didnt. It probably clashed with his Flashforward filming or something but false hair was an option!!

Soooo glad to see Boone again. I kinda get what you mean, but I suppose it's because his VD character Damon is so much fresher in our minds than Boone so it's easier to just see Damon characteristics being played.

Disappointed that Maggie wasnt in it but I assumed that was probably due to lack of availability and Boone did say that she didnt want to be saved from her relationship so I kinda assumed he left her in Australia?

All in all I absolutely effin loved it!! Me being a complete sap was crying at the end of the first epi when they all got off the plane! I blame the soundtrack music lol.

xxxx