recommendations

cills77

Hi everyone,

I was hoping some of you would be able to give me some recommendations for a good read. I have read and re-read Twilight Saga, all the True Blood series, The Immortals Series and just finished Shiver. Now I am eagerly awaiting the new releases for all of the above.

These are the sort of books I like but each of them have to be gripping in their own way, I wasnt keen on Vampire Diaries as I felt I was reading someone elses interpretation of Twilight (whether published prior or not). I like not gory books TB is as gory as it can get without giving me nightmares.

So can anyone suggest anything for me, given I am reading 3 books a week :headscratch::YAHOO:

If you like Vampire books, the classic is the by far the best (Dracula). But if you want books a bit more like Twilight then you might find Rachel Caine's The Morganville Vampires books good and easy going (although aimed at teenagers primarily..) and Karen Chance's various books (Midnight's Daughter, Touch The Dark, etc.) are pretty good too (more fantasy based and for older readers). I started reading P.C and Kristin Cast's The House of Night Novels but it wasn't my cup of tea, but perhaps you might like them and you can probably read previews on the internet to see what you think before purchasing them. The Night World books by L.J. Smith are very good :( And have you read The Host by Stephenie Meyer? That's good. I prefer it to the Twilight Saga but a fair few people on here might kill me for saying that :angry:

Although I will read almost anything book wise, I'm more of a die hard science fiction/fantasy novel fan and I love theological and philosophical novels mostly as well and so I can't really advise you on any other sorts of books.

Since I'm such an avid reader; I read everything and anything I can get my hands on :o

Altered Carbon is the first of a Trilogy by Richard K Morgan which i love completely............and personally i'm not Book 3 of Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth series which Legend of the Seeker tv is based which is also really good

Altered Carbon is fantastic. Has bits that make me think of the Dollhouse concept :)

I like the Mary Janice Davidson- Betsy Taylor books. about a ditzy blonde who becomes queen of the vampires.

Think both Altered Carbon and Dollhouse come from the Ghost in the Shell manga/anime which in itself is fantastic

I know this sounds crazy but Interview with a Vampire terrified me and so did American Werewolf in London so I cant read those books.

I know its ridiculous I'm 33 but thats my imagination and living alone for you. SO I tend to tame it down to avoid being too much of a wimp.

I tried LJ Smith but I couldn't get into them.

Reckon Dracula, although a love story, would stop me going to the toilet in the middle of the night for a while or letting the cat in after dark. :D

Oooh my god. Darren Shan series is one of my favouties. I cant belive the movie just made my childhood book into a pile of dung. :\ I was so excited for yeaars that there was gonna be a movie, Oh my god. I just cant get over it. I hope the movie dosnt put people of from the books they were so good! :C

only the vampire ones though,

demonata wasnt that great

Edited by Emiku