Thankyou Showmasters/MassiveEvents

InYourHonour

Agreed, huge thank to everyone involved.

All the guests were great. Favourite guest....it would be very easy to pick David Hewlett but I will go for a joint tie between Brian Smith and Sharon Taylor.

A very special thanks to all who particpated in the stunt show. I found it extremely informative and interesting. For me, it was worth the ticket price on it's own. I know it over ran slightly but I wish it had gone on for longer! Personally I would like to see Joe Flannigan and David Hewlett in a stunt demo at a future event :D

I was wondering though, why were there only about 10 people on the dancefloor at the parties?!

I think you went to the wrong party Firefly ;) The dancefloor was ramped most of Friday and from what I remember of Saturday - if anyone walked quietly past the vagrant fast asleep on the sofa in the main corridor around midnight on Saturday I apologise for my snoring... :unsure: and thank you for not waking me... ;)

Edited by starwarriors

Chevron 7.4 - A costumer's report... (this has been posted elsewhere so apologies to those that actually know what Stargate is... ;) )

Well... where to start?

This was yet another awesome weekend trooping... so much fun and laughter...

I guess I'll start at the beginning (which is typically where most things start)...

Terry and I set off from my house around lunch time and got to the Hilton Metropole Hotel at the NEC around 3ish... a very swish and posh hotel... After a quick look around and collecting our tickets from the registration desk we set off for our own hotel which was the Holiday Inn Express at J5 on the M6... (it was more hassle but cheaper than the Hilton - especially if you include the Hilton's extortionate parking fees)

My sat nav decided that the hotel was actually on the hard shoulder of the M6 - so after a 25 mile detour and having driven past the hotel twice but being unable to get there we finally arrived...

We arrived to find myself up on the fourth floor andf the lift out of order... Lugging my own body weight in kit up four flights of stairs was not the high point of my weekend...

After a pretty decent meal in the pub opposite the hotel we set off for the party by taxi - good job too judging by the state I wound up in... Personally I blame the medication I was taking - Terry blames the alcohol...

The Friday night party lived up to all expectations and we had so much fun that Jason finally had to throw the remaining four of us out because we didn't want to leave - so we went and sat in the main bar with the penguins for a bit... I was back on coke by this point - the orange juice they were serving was far too strong...

During the Friday evening rumours started to circulate that weapons were being banned by the hotel management - apparently it was because there was either a security alert or the guests of the other two conventions going on had complained about all these nutters running around waving guns... I'm sure there weren't any nutters there... the running around waving guns? Well... Not guilty m'lud...

We managed to meet up with many people we know from previous Chevrons and also made some new friends on the Friday night... There were some surreal parts to the evening - outside the hotel having a smoke and talking to Brian J Smith (Lt Scott in Stargate Universe) for around ten minutes before actually realising who we were talking to - it's not my fault... He looks completely different in the flesh and I was having trouble with wobbly vision...

Many of the penguins (black tie suited guests) from the other conventions came out for a smoke too and it was amazing how many of them knew of Stargate - although it was fun winding up those that didn't... One poor guy left his party thinking there was an arms convention going on in the hotel... Sorry...

I think we got back to the hotel around half past three in the morning but by that time I was past caring...

Saturday dawned bright and early and I even managed to get some breakfast in for once. After breakfast we set off for the Hilton again - ignoring the rumours we went "loaded for bear" - which has to be said in a very deep voiced Jeremy Clarkson way for the full effect...

The morning went very well and I managed to get five out of the six autographs I was due to get - The crew had closed the last queue (Sharon Taylor) just as we arrived - Ok. Truth be told, Terry got his autograph but I was out having a fag and missed it...

We managed to attend all of the guest talks on Saturday, apart from the last one because we were knackered and wanted to chill out before the evening party... We also got told officially that weapons were banned for the duration of the event due to a Police "incident" that took place somewhere in Birmingham that morning... So, although disappointing this was definitely not ME's fault and we thank Jason for his very full and frank explanation on the Saturday night of where the policy had come from...

The Saturday night party had a 200th episode theme, which was a surreal episode featuring costumes and send ups of many other shows so the costumes on display were "interesting"... Many from the Wizard of Oz...

Some highlights - Steven's Scarecrow costume (screen used from the episode itself as worn by Ben Browder), Clare's Puppet Sam Carter and the Zombies...

Fortunately for everyone there I decided NOT to go as Dorothy... and just went in Civvies...

I seem to recall at some point falling asleep in a corridor and being woken up with a finger stuffed in my ear (Well, I hope to God it was a finger)... lol... I swear blind the floor in that hotel was made of jelly... although I did manage to get back to the hotel at some point...

Sunday dawned with a hangover (curse that orange juice) so breakfast was skipped... especially as I had to pack to check out and was, as per usual, running late...

We got to the hotel for my last signing to find I'd lost my events pack with all the bits I needed for the autograph... It was packed somewhere in amongst all my kit and I, for the life of me, couldn't remember where it was so I lost out on Sharon Taylor's autograph...

Again we managed to do all the guest talks on Sunday and the final group talk before the closing ceremony...

The highlight of the weekend was the "Stunt Show" put on by James "Bam Bam" Bamford the Stargate stunt co-ordinator... Absolutely stunning performance and gave lots of insights into how fights are staged for the camera and was hilarious to boot...

Overall this was the crowning glory for me of the entire weekend...

All of the guest talks were enthralling and kept up in stitches...

Like I said - a lot of fun and I really didn't want it to end... This was, by far and way, the best Stargate Convention I've been to...

The organisation and communication from the events organisers was so much better than ever before... I know that each event is a learning experience for us all and particularly ME, but I have to give massive thanks to Jason and the crew for everything they laid on for us... Huge round of applause...

The only low points were the bar costs - £6 a drink!!! which was a ridiculous amount of money...

Unfortunately I had such a blast that I didn't take any pictures despite having actually remembered to take my camera for once...

:unsure:

Another triumph for Massive Events. Guests were incredible (I thought the mix they had for 7.3 worked fantastically well, but this one was even better). Weekend ran so smoothly, parties were great (snowboard hilarious), danced like a crazy person, thought the stunt show (and BamBam in general) was a highlight. Ok, deep breath for the moans...discounted 'food' was AWFUL, drink prices high, temp in main room fluctuated wildly from ice planet to desert, and the flickering lights must have caused a fair few migraines. Phew! Anyway, that said, I've been to all Chevrons, and wouldn't miss 7.5 for the world. Gold tickets and hotel (Ibis) booked already! Thanks a million Massive Events!

I was wondering though, why were there only about 10 people on the dancefloor at the parties?!

I think you went to the wrong party Firefly :blink: The dancefloor was ramped most of Friday and from what I remember of Saturday - if anyone walked quietly past the vagrant fast asleep on the sofa in the main corridor around midnight on Saturday I apologise for my snoring... :poki: and thank you for not waking me... :poki:

I agree! I was definitely on a packed dancefloor Saturday night

Edited by jenab103

Thanks Jason and Mark and all the crew (And Malcolm for making me look human in photos - love my David one especially :poki: ) for another great weekend away! Already booked and excited about the next one, and very intrigued as to who the guests will be! (Please Ben Browder and Claudia Black!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I am happy with absolutely anyone - I don't think I have ever met a disapppointing guest)

The whole weekend was fabulous.

Totally in awe of Bam Bam and his stunt show. That was Sooooooooo interesting to see how fights come together.

Bam Bam's awareness of everyone in the room - sleeping/sneezing were pretty cool too. He must have to have his eye on everything when co-ordinating - what a skill!

I don't think I have ever laughed so much at a Chevron Con - if there had been more room I'd have been rolling on the floor I think!

So much fun and laughter. :poki::blink:

Can't fault anything except rubbish food, ha ha! Being a vegan am used to not eating much at cons.

Was pleased to see jacket potatoes on menu (how sad) on Saturday, before a kind lady reminded me we only had 20 mins before the first talk, so I headed for the queue instead!

Max

Thanks to everybody for an amazing weekend! This was my first proper weekend con, and it was brilliant! I may have kinda stalked Ryan a bit...

The stunt show was awesome, even though poor BamBam needed help to kneel down! He was just so funny and crazy, and everybody else was brilliant too!

Met a load of nice peopel as well, and hope to see them again at 7.5...already bought my ticket, am going for gold instead of silver next time!

Still really hyper, even though I'm really tired, and managed to injure myself dancing on Saturday!

:D Fantastic weekend - all the guests were brilliant. Loved the raffle idea for the 'guest encounters' - especially as i won one of them!! Please do again!!!! Thank you Showmasters for an amazing time. I have been able to attend all of the Chevrons so far and I am really looking forward to 7.5 :YAHOO:

First time I've done a Chevron con. Similar to what I'm used to in a lot of ways, different in others but very nice work all round.

Thanks to everyone I hung out with for being good company. Sunday party was a bit of a damp squib but then again so many people bailed out before the evening.

Was more of a break from reality than usual though given that the hotel wasn't anywhere near anything of interest or use(particularly if you didn't have a car).

I wouldn't say it was the best con I've been to(not sure if I could pick one) but I don't know whether it's because I skipped the late '09 UK cons for various reasons or whether Massive Events just know what they're doing, but it certainly felt like it refreshed the con experience for me!

A similar thing for myself, my first weekend one show specific con and i loved, my cheeks still slightly hurt from all the laughter that started pretty much the moment i met people right up until David hewlett leaving the hotel without his family then returning to get them from the pool area (baz took a shine to the pool lol ) and ryan doign his disappearing act whent he taxi arrived and Julie caitlin brown searching the hotel and him running to the revolving doors lol

Sadly i dotn think i can make the next one, but however i feel more confident in actually going to another one of these events

the stunt show was awesome (biased as i was starring at ryan the whole time lol)

ive made so many new people and now friends awesome awesome awesome

Thank you for the fab guests again

It was my first ME con and I had a great time! It was fantastic to see Bambam again (even if he did mock me mercilessly) and Brian was such a sweetie. I loved all of the guests and would be thrilled if any of them came back.

I was wondering though, why were there only about 10 people on the dancefloor at the parties?! I can understand if people have an aversion to con songs (I love them and did my best to teach a few people!) but even when there were 'normal' songs on, most people were sitting down. Get on up there and dance! :D

yes more people need to dance more, it more fun when more on the dance floor :D

A big thank you to the SM crew for the weekend mum and I had a great time once again!!! Pity the hotel is so expensive and can't seem to get the food area opening time right for the con - would be nice if they could put the sunday carvery lunch on all weekend - perhaps someone could sort that for the next con at that hotel. The cold temperature in some places was a problem particularly for mum (in a wheelchair) but glad the main talks room was heated.

Loved all the guests so please pass on my thanks to them all for being so wonderful and funny. Roll on November!!!

queen_sindel great to meet you - sorry about ruining your breakfast...

Had an awesome time.... Thank you showmasters... as always you deliver a fantastic convention ..

Friday night party was Brilliant, the snowboard great fun, sore neck from all the dancing.. :unsure:

guests were excellent, special memory of David and his family in white hotel robes after their swim in the hotel pool, waiting patiently as we exited the lift, Priceless...

and the look on Ryans face, when The Dave and I pretended to attack him while dressed as Zombies.. :drunk:

The Bungie run was fantastic too, especially since I had my revenge,, Victory over the young lad who completely run away with the snowboard win..... ((I'm such a child))

An Awesome thanks to all my friends who were there, Never were there such a fantastic bunch of geeks.. ;)

will be trying to attend as many events as possible this year, including chev 7.5.. hope to see everyone again soon..

Bernie x

Also .. have posted a few picks on the facebook, chevron 7.4 event thingy, they not bad, even though I was at the back again for the talks again... :wub:

i'd just like to say that once again I had a great weekend. Jason, Mark and all the crew did a wonderful job as norm (just one thing, Jason and crew sometimes need to be on the same page, one says 9am the other 8.30am due to this I almost missed my place in the que for 7.5) That said I had a wonderful time and can't wait for 7.5. :P

Guest were all great and would love to see them all again

my highlight: jokeing around with david about his age as his is only a month older than me and he kept saying he was old, and I kept trying to tell him he's not as i'm not old.

Sort of low point: bursting into tears :WINCE: when I gave Brian my "Help for Heroes" bracelet for acknowledgeing our troops over sea's. as I have family going out there again in a few weeks that ment a lot to me.

My dream guest for 7.5: the one and only :wub: Richard Dean Anderson :wub::D

queen_sindel great to meet you - sorry about ruining your breakfast...

It was great to meet you too, and you did not ruin my breakfast at all. I love chatting with everyone. :lol:

If I looked somewhat distracted or grumpy that was because I got up too early and my blood sugar wasn't quite on normal level yet. :D