How much money to take?

Olivia-Ann

They're at Chevron at the moment, so probably nothing until the middle of the week at the earliest.

Judging by previous ones, I'd expected £10 each tbh. Only Rachelle was £15 last time, and unless I'm wrong, I don't think we have any standout 'big' guests this time.

Thank you David :YAHOO: forgot they were at Chevron. Shows just how much time I spend in this part of the forum and no where else. £10-£15 that doesn't sound too bad.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're at Chevron at the moment, so probably nothing until the middle of the week at the earliest.

Judging by previous ones, I'd expected £10 each tbh. Only Rachelle was £15 last time, and unless I'm wrong, I don't think we have any standout 'big' guests this time.

Thank you David :YAHOO: forgot they were at Chevron. Shows just how much time I spend in this part of the forum and no where else. £10-£15 that doesn't sound too bad.

Agreed :poki:

helps me plan too :(:D

Bit cheeky, but don't forget to visit us in the dealer room as we will have our (unofficial) limited edition silk-screen show poster for sale, two versions, and one glows in the dark!

(Don't know if I'm allowed this post David so do with it as you feel fit!)

But, the most important thing you need money for is food, pot noodles just don't cut it!

Bit cheeky, but don't forget to visit us in the dealer room as we will have our (unofficial) limited edition silk-screen show poster for sale, two versions, and one glows in the dark!

(Don't know if I'm allowed this post David so do with it as you feel fit!)

But, the most important thing you need money for is food, pot noodles just don't cut it!

Don't worry about it I spent most of money in the dealers room at proms

I never really spent much at all in the dealers room at et1 + et2. I bought a few silly little things like keyrings, postcards etc. but I never really fancied anything else :/

I already put money aside for travel/hotel so I don't really include that in my spending money.

I was also standard at et1+2 (and will be at 3) so I put money aside for photoshoots with all the guests too.

Other than that, I only spent money on food. and that was barely anything either. probably no more than £25ish the whole weekend?

I always take extra just incase but both times I've came back with money left over (which is rare for me :D)

oh! actually I forgot, I did spend money bidding on guest encounters. et1 was around £30-ish or something? and et2 was £20-ish.

Edited by vikki407

• Moderators

I don't think you can get a general idea from anyone tbh.

You have to know what you're personally gonna do about:

Food.

Drink.

Extra autos/photos.

Merchandise.

Auction.

Maybe guest encounters.

Amongst other stuff too probably .. it's very difficult to budget, and the spending varies quite a lot.

I always want to spend more money than I've got with me but I only take cash and once it's gone it's gone :D

The auction is the killer with me and Jess - she really has nowhere else to put anything so I'm going to sit on my hands :D and ignore the whimpers!

Hmmmmmm *thinking about David's pressie*

I take Pot Noodles to most Cons!! They certainly cut it!! They are cheap, and since you have a kettle in most hotel rooms, they are easy to eat! Unless you forget to take a fork, in which case you have to eat it with the spoon that is provided for tea/coffee XD

I have no idea how much im taking XD Not even sure how much the hotel room is lol But since im a lowly standard this time, i have to buy all my photoshoots :D

While i was writing this post, it made me think about checking how much my train would cost, so ive just gone and checked, and with advanced booking (something ive never done, i ususally buy on the day) it only costs me £3.50 each way on the train! Im rather impressed! £7 for both ways is awesome! If i had paid on the day i would have paid 3x that much!

Unfortunately i cant spend too much more than what its gonna cost for my photoshoots as im trying to save for a holiday to Italy, and its taking all my money lol Though i probably splurge and order a pizza from Papa Johns on the Saturday night XD

I take Pot Noodles to most Cons!! They certainly cut it!! They are cheap, and since you have a kettle in most hotel rooms, they are easy to eat! Unless you forget to take a fork, in which case you have to eat it with the spoon that is provided for tea/coffee XD

Each to their own! I must admit I did buy the recent Donner Kebab version hoping I'd never have to buy any other kind of food again, unfortunately it didn't do it for me but a chicken noodle on sliced white buttered bread is kinda nice!

What I remember from Hallowhedon was that a lot of people chatting to us said they were hungry and hadn't eaten much over the weekend so taking money for food is really important, I think we might bring in a couple of trays of cakes from Costco this time around!

Edited by Woodyuk

ew, I really can't stand pot noodles. The only time I ate them was when I had my wallet stolen at Reading festival and my friend could only afford to lend me £10!

never again!!

Breakfast's included in the hilton room price, so it's only lunch and tea to sort... there's subway close, and Dominos which delivers.

If not it will be the fruit/bread/peanut butter I'll bring with me for snacks.

foodwise theres a few chipshops a bus ride away lol.... personally i'll either be having a food from king valley in kingshurst or stealing all my mum's :) the chips shops are pretty reasonably priced and tbh i really miss king valley while i'm in wolverhampton lol so being back in birmingham i'm going to take advantage :)