How much money to take?

Olivia-Ann

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the dealers room always has pics of cast etc they range £5/10+

you might want extra photos and autographs which are £10 or £15 each (depending on the guest) then theres sometimes an auction, foood, drink etc etc so just kinda work it out around that....ish :)

bring what you want to spend, use the credit card and i'm sure there somewhere you can use the cash machine and spend much as you like.

it up to u, if i was you, look at the guest list and who you really want to meet and plan buy their autographs/photoshoot, how many autographs/photoshoot you want to get?, etc and you work out the cost together.

Once we get the autograph/photoshoot prices obviously working everything out will be alot easier. I'm standard but I'd like to see about getting photo shoots with Charlie, Chris and Jamie at the very least as I'll be in my Volterra Edward costume.

Talking of dealer rooms I spent quite a bit at Proms. I ended up with two of the picture word things (the one where it says Twilight and in the letters it has pics), some of the massive pictures as well as the small along with about 25 postcards from New Moon, Twilight, True Blood and Harry Potter.

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

Once we get the autograph/photoshoot prices obviously working everything out will be alot easier. I'm standard but I'd like to see about getting photo shoots with Charlie, Chris and Jamie at the very least as I'll be in my Volterra Edward costume.

That`s what I`m waiting on. Until we have photo prices I can`t work out my money ;)

That`s what I`m waiting on. Until we have photo prices I can`t work out my money ;)

Will we get the price for extra autos and photos before the event?

Edited by Myself205

well i always take £100 with me and thats just spending money... but i dont go in the dealers room as i dont have enough money. but £100 is plenty if your not gonna be spening the dealers room. =D. hope that helped

no it all goes on booze...lol ;)

I've got about £80 put aside for my share of the room, not sure how much I'll need in total. I'll just bring the usual supply of instant mash and snacks from my cupboard, and whatever money I've got left by that point in the week for any proper meals. xD

Depends on how much you want to spend really, but if you ignore the hotel cost which you'd need to cover and your food, you could take £10 and buy some photo's or you could take £1000 and have money to bid in the auction (assuming there is an auction).

I would just take what you can afford x

I thought autographs were included in the tickets?

They're talking about extra autographs :)

Its my first Twilight con too, so i'll probably take £100 for the dealers room, and also be thoroughly depressed if i spend it all haha

At least with Torchwood there isn't usually merchandise I need (i know what's going to be there already), but with the extra autographs I can spend £200 per day, not including hotel/travel.

It honestly depends on what your gonna spend your money on... Ive been to many conventions I can spend from £50 - £400 ?

At the last twilight one... I spent about £50 on food and drink at the last con? The rest went on buying extra autographs and stuff.

Drinks are expensive at the hotels... I always take stuff with me too keep me going.

• Moderators

I'd take a little more than you'd expect to be spending, just in case.

No harm in taking like £200 and then spending it if you need to, and if not then just take it back with you!

You never know what's going to be on sale, or if you'll want an extra photo/auto when you really enjoy meeting a guest.

I'd take a little more than you'd expect to be spending, just in case.

No harm in taking like £200 and then spending it if you need to, and if not then just take it back with you!

You never know what's going to be on sale, or if you'll want an extra photo/auto when you really enjoy meeting a guest.

David any idea when the prices will be going up for the photoshoots as us poor sods with standard need to know how much we need

• Moderators

They're at Chevron at the moment, so probably nothing until the middle of the week at the earliest.

Judging by previous ones, I'd expected £10 each tbh. Only Rachelle was £15 last time, and unless I'm wrong, I don't think we have any standout 'big' guests this time.