Latest Event Announcement - Richelle Mead

showmasters

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few answers to some of your questions from the Puffin Rep Hannah! ;)

*Do people have to buy a book?

Yes please. We’ll be selling the 2 NEW titles in the series, Blood Promise and Shadow Kiss (UK pub 4th Feb). If you haven’t got them yet, I’d advise waiting and buying them at the event to get signed.

*Can they bring copies that they already own to be signed?

Yes, that’s fine, providing at least one new copy is bought.

*Will Richelle sign anything other than her Vampire Academy books?

We have to be aware of her time constraints, so we must stick to books this time, sorry.

*Is Richelle charging anything?

No charge! We only require that you buy at least one book. Pictures are okay, too. J

I only have Vampire Academy from the series, will you sell Frost bite or I have to buy one of the last two?

I'm so disappointed, I want my French Succubus Blues signed even if I'll have to buy one VA book. ;)

Just wanted to know how is the signing going to be worked out. I really don't fancy having to get up really early to wait about. Are you going by badge numbers?

am not sure I will go as I don;t know the author but now I'm intrigued by the books.

That's the good question as one hour for signing seems short.

I've been meaning to buy the books for a while, especially as Amazon kept recommending them to me lol so tonight I ordered Vampire Academy and Frostbite and I'll probably buy the rest whilst I'm at ET3. So very excited to meet Richelle! Now it's just deciding which book I should get signed!

Oooh I'm actually quite excited by this!!

Got the first book given free at the New Moon fan party and read most of it on the train home as couldnt put it down! Really enjoyed it!

Will def wanna get the next books if she has them for sale.

xxxx

Hey, just been reading the thread and have seen some people are not happy to buy the book again. As i work part time at a WhSmiths and have worked quite alot of signings now, i have to say thats just how they work, its not intended to be any snub towards fans,

Signings are part of promotional book tours, which are simply to gain publicity for a new book coming out. They dont tend to get paid. So yeah you do have to purchase a book where the signing is held, its like at our signings u need a book from our store, u cant just go to tescos, or waterstones and then bring that along, as it defeats the object of our store getting any benift from staffing the signing, does that make sense? ( i know wot im trying to say in my own way lol) ;)

So although some people may already have the books, wouldnt it be nice to have a nice un read signed copy to keep aswell?? Most people will sign other books people bring along too (along with the new book), obviously time permitting(if there are hundreds of people waiting then people probably wont be allowed to get whole series of book signed so they can try see as many people as poss), but then saying that if she has a massive que, she could be willing to stay till everyone has been done, after all it is all for her benifit. For example take that stayed untill everyone was seen, and that went over by hours!!

anyway thats just my take on book signings, I may have a few things wrong that wont apply to this event, and im sure SM will tell me if i have lol Was just trying to clear a few things up thats all. :WAVE:

It's not that I wouldn't be willing to get up early but Saturday tends to be my busiest day with photos and autos and stuff so I'd be worried about missing actual stuff :)

I think alot of people will be worried about this. Maybe they will do a ticket system like they do for signings at lfcc, you go earlier in the morning, pick up a numbered ticket and then go back later.

I think that would work pretty well :WAVE:

It's not that I wouldn't be willing to get up early but Saturday tends to be my busiest day with photos and autos and stuff so I'd be worried about missing actual stuff :)

I think alot of people will be worried about this. Maybe they will do a ticket system like they do for signings at lfcc, you go earlier in the morning, pick up a numbered ticket and then go back later.

I think that would work pretty well :WAVE:

Good idea!

However, I have a Gold Pass, so I can have photos and autographs even after my group, I prefer wait for Richelle. ;)

I hope I can take my French Succubus Blues book for signing, even if I have to buy one or two books, Vampire Academy is not released in France yet and I really want to show my book to Richelle.