Latest Event Announcement - Richelle Mead

showmasters

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what for someone who doesnt want to buy another book ill give you the money to get mine and then when you get my book signed for me you can get your books signed aswell. That way you can meet Richelle and it wont cost you a penny? What do you think? Im sure there are many people that would be more than willing to do the same.

I think its a great added bonus thanks SM xx

I tell you what for someone who doesnt want to buy another book ill give you the money to get mine and then when you get my book signed for me you can get your books signed aswell. That way you can meet Richelle and it wont cost you a penny? What do you think? Im sure there are many people that would be more than willing to do the same.

I'm up for doing this too :)

I was about to suggest the same thing!

OMMMMGGGG! I LOVE VAMPIRE ACADEMY. This is amazing. Thank you so much showmasters!

Though I already have all the books, so do I have to pay for another book just to get mine signed eventho Im a big fan and have actually read the books, unlike the people who will be buying them for the first time. Seems a little unfair :unsure:

• Moderators

OMMMMGGGG! I LOVE VAMPIRE ACADEMY. This is amazing. Thank you so much showmasters!

Though I already have all the books, so do I have to pay for another book just to get mine signed eventho Im a big fan and have actually read the books, unlike the people who will be buying them for the first time. Seems a little unfair :unsure:

Yes, you need to buy at least one book, unless you read through this topic and see how some people are offering to help.

This works better than most book signings

I went to one where they would not personalist the book even though I bought 4 books and was in the first 30 people there.

I went to another books signing where they would only sign 1 book and had to be bought at that store.

Another book signing where I was allowed only the book signed and only 1 other thing not bought at that store.

We are so lucky to have this extra thing and their are fans offering to help others out as well and it seems the people looking down on this aren't even bothering to see that other people are offering to help out they just want to complain and get everything for free.

This is in the dealers room the publisher will have paid for a stall so this is in a way a book stall signing not a con signing which is totally different. The publisher only makes money by selling the books meaning Richelle will only get invited to do signings if the publisher is making enough money to sell her books and the whole thing is for promotion not just for her fans it's to encourage others to read her books.

So what there are not all

Sorry if I`ve missed it already :dance: but can someone tell me if it`s only her new book for sale?

I`m going to order the others and don`t want to order the same one which knowing me, I would do :lol:

As I`m not familiar with her work, I need someone to tell me which ones to/not to buy thankyou please! :WAVE:

Edited by SacredSilence

Sorry if I`ve missed it already :dance: but can someone tell me if it`s only her new book for sale?

I`m going to order the others and don`t want to order the same one which knowing me, I would do :D

As I`m not familiar with her work, I need someone to tell me which ones to/not to buy thankyou please! :WAVE:

Massive Events/Showmasters have updated the first post so that should have all the info you need, it basically says that it's the two new titles for sale so you should be ok with getting the previous ones before the show :lol:

Edited by Big_Pants

I went to one where they would not personalist the book even though I bought 4 books and was in the first 30 people there.

I went to another books signing where they would only sign 1 book and had to be bought at that store.

Another book signing where I was allowed only the book signed and only 1 other thing not bought at that store.

We are so lucky to have this extra thing and their are fans offering to help others out as well and it seems the people looking down on this aren't even bothering to see that other people are offering to help out they just want to complain and get everything for free.

This is in the dealers room the publisher will have paid for a stall so this is in a way a book stall signing not a con signing which is totally different. The publisher only makes money by selling the books meaning Richelle will only get invited to do signings if the publisher is making enough money to sell her books and the whole thing is for promotion not just for her fans it's to encourage others to read her books.

Well said!

Massive Events/Showmasters have updated the first post so that should have all the info you need, it basically says that it's the two new titles for sale so you should be ok with getting the previous ones before the show :D

Cheers x

Here are a few answers to some of your questions from the Penguin Rep Hannah! :D

*Do people have to buy a book?

Yes please. We’ll be selling the 2 NEW titles in the series, Blood Promise and Shadow Kiss (UK pub 4th Feb). If you haven’t got them yet, I’d advise waiting and buying them at the event to get signed.

*Can they bring copies that they already own to be signed?

Yes, that’s fine, providing at least one new copy is bought.

*Will Richelle sign anything other than her Vampire Academy books?

We have to be aware of her time constraints, so we must stick to books this time, sorry.

*Is Richelle charging anything?

No charge! We only require that you buy at least one book. Pictures are okay, too. J

*Will she sign Succubus series books?

Yes. Richelle will sign her other works. But Richelle is attending ET3 with her Vampire Academy publisher - Penguin. As such there will only be the Penguin published books available to purchase.

*How many books can i get signed

Within reason, there is currently no limit as to how many books Richelle will sign, as long as at least one book is bought from the Penguin stall.

Sorry to be a PITA! Can you please tell me how much each book will cost? Thanks! x

Sorry to be a PITA! Can you please tell me how much each book will cost? Thanks! x

Someone mentioned 6.99, which seems to be what Amazon is charging as well.

There hasn't been any official confirmation of that price, but I think the UK has a set maximum price for books like Germany too, right? :D So they shouldn't be charging more than that.

I understand your points, I really do. But you have to see it from our point of views. Those of us who already had the books and paid for them.. we had to paid more to ship them to our own countries. So it's not like we're getting them 'free' or whatever. It's just unbelievably frustrating to us.

Most of the people going haven't even heard of her or read her books.. so they would buy the books in the dealers' room, anyway.

It's unfair that we, who have bought and read the books years beforehand, have to pay for books we already have. Along with the pay for the event, pay for the hotel, pay for flights, pay for food and then pay for extra things at the con. It's just a little unfair in our view.

I understand the conditions and I'm going to find somehow to pay for a book I already have. But it doesn't make it any less unfair.

I understand your points, I really do. But you have to see it from our point of views. Those of us who already had the books and paid for them.. we had to paid more to ship them to our own countries. So it's not like we're getting them 'free' or whatever. It's just unbelievably frustrating to us.

Most of the people going haven't even heard of her or read her books.. so they would buy the books in the dealers' room, anyway.

It's unfair that we, who have bought and read the books years beforehand, have to pay for books we already have. Along with the pay for the event, pay for the hotel, pay for flights, pay for food and then pay for extra things at the con. It's just a little unfair in our view.

I understand the conditions and I'm going to find somehow to pay for a book I already have. But it doesn't make it any less unfair.

thank you *hugs* couldn't have said it any better :)

Hi everyone! Hannah from Penguin here. I'm organising Richelle's tour, and I'll be attending the convention with her, so I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

I'm absolutely overwhelmed by the response on here. It's wonderful that so many of you have read or are planning to read Richelle's books.

I just want to make a few things completely clear:

The UK publication date for Blood Promise and Shadow Kiss is 4th February. If you've bought them in the UK before, they were American editions (same goes for Amazon). Richelle's tour is in celebration of the UK release of these books.

So, if you like the series and don't have these books yet, please consider getting them at the convention. We're completely separate to the rest of the con and we're organising for Waterstone's to be there especially.

Waterstone's will be stocking ALL of the UK editions of the VA books (so you can also get a matching, signed set, if you haven't bought them already!).

If you already have all of the Vampire Academy books, of course you can have them signed! I'm impressed that so many of you have been reading them.

We're going to announce a plan for the queue closer to the time, please be patient. We will do our best to ensure that every fan goes away happy, whether they arrived with a full set or bought them all on the day.

The release of SPIRIT BOUND in May is a WORLDWIDE release - we're catching up with the Americans! In future, we won't have any of this kind of confusion. :)

Thanks guys, and see you there!

thank you *hugs* couldn't have said it any better :)

Guys did you not read the part where I said people are offering to help you out so you don't have to buy the book again.