food and drink

veasse

Hi All,

Just wondering what people are doing food wise... I know we get breakfast which is great but i'm not sure the prices for food there plus there will be lots of us.

I was looking to see if there were any supermarkets or cheaper food alternatives but there are none.

Have ME or SM got some kind of cheaper rate for the restaurants at the hotel?

Thanks

A x

I believe there are a handful of fast food places in the airport, and the city centre isn't too far away if you wana eat out one night or somethin :)

I never thought about going into the airport. Will have to check them out whilst i make my way to the hotel. I have been wondering about food too. Can't afford to pay hotel prices x

Just checked the hotel website and most of the food places are in Departures... which we wont be allowed to go in because we're not flying. But there is one Landside.. whateve that means?

Sam

xxxx

Edited by sam1974

I believe there are a handful of fast food places in the airport, and the city centre isn't too far away if you wana eat out one night or somethin :)

There's a Frankie and Benny's landside too and a couple of pubs around if you have a car, plus a Wetherspoons in the NEC but it closes early.

Ive stayed there a couple of times before, and I warn you now, everything closes VERY early! I belive the airport places start closing about 6-7, and are all closed by 8pm, and apparently in the city itself most places close at 10, so any take aways you can get who deliver will prob be your best and maybe only bet!

If your going in the day, you'll prob want to allocate a good hour for food with all the walking!

I can confirm that as Crippsy_99 says, most of the eateries close around 8-9pm at night, and another friend said takeaways in the centre of Birmingham appeared to shut around 10pm.

If possible ( and depends where you're coming from ) I'd recommend buying food and drink for the weekend if you pass through Birmingham New Street Station. There's a Marks and Spencer in the station, and if you go up the escalator in New Street station, there's a Tesco as well .

My friends and I did this, and turned had a well stocked Hilton hotel room as you can see

4552_197031385130_606405130_7079533_5878776_n.jpg

4552_197030560130_606405130_7079529_6800334_n.jpg

This is just a small selection of what we had with us at that time.

We did use both Domino's Pizza and Subway as well though

I can confirm that as Crippsy_99 says, most of the eateries close around 8-9pm at night, and another friend said takeaways in the centre of Birmingham appeared to shut around 10pm.

If possible ( and depends where you're coming from ) I'd recommend buying food and drink for the weekend if you pass through Birmingham New Street Station. There's a Marks and Spencer in the station, and if you go up the escalator in New Street station, there's a Tesco as well .

My friends and I did this, and turned had a well stocked Hilton hotel room as you can see

4552_197031385130_606405130_7079533_5878776_n.jpg

4552_197030560130_606405130_7079529_6800334_n.jpg

This is just a small selection of what we had with us at that time.

We did use both Domino's Pizza and Subway as well though

Love it :P

Mojoe : Glad you approve, I'd post the other pictures of the soft drinks bar and the rest of the food , but I can't find them right now !!

Better than paying the Hilton's prices for any form of food or drink !!

Yes i know, i took pot noodles last time, as i knew the food would be expensive but didn't take alot of alchool as i thought the bar would be ok, but it was like £5 for a pint. so this time i have the bottles of wine and cases of lager. I will open a little off licencs in my room if anyone needs drink. :D

Andrew

A fiver a pint, that's a touch high, right... I'm gonna need a bigger case...

Well i had a pint and my mate had a 25ml of rum and coke. I had a tenner in my hand thinking that would be enough...... came to £13.

Ouch... I was planning to take a bottle of JD and some coke and a few snacks, if things are so crazy priced I might have t bring more food and booze

a newb question but how do the parties work? Ppl have drinks beforehand or take their own? Or are they a sober gatherings

What i normally do is have a few drinks before going to the party, Then normally buy a couple at the bar throught the night (some times sneak back to the room for a free top up) There may be a discount bar there (there was last time if i remember rightly) But the hotel will not allow you to take your own to the party.

As for the partys themself it just like a normal disco with danceing and fun con songs :P Sometime SM/ME throw in a nice little suprise such as bull rides and stuff (always fun sober or drunk) Great place to get to know one another, you will have fun

See you there

Andrew :lol:

Edited by mojoe

What i normally do is have a few drinks before going to the party, Then normally buy a couple at the bar throught the night (some times sneak back to the room for a free top up) There may be a discount bar there (there was last time if i remember rightly) But the hotel will not allow you to take your own to the party.

Well, i think im going to follow your example and use the extra space in the big case for some cans and some snacks

There may be a discount bar there (there was last time if i remember rightly) But the hotel will not allow you to take your own to the party.

Depends if they know you're doing it. *shifty* Not that I've played around with that before of course.

Kip